Honored Contributor

Re: Quick snack when you really want pizza......

Sounds like a good snack but I would have just ordered a pizza.....

Esteemed Contributor

@  We don't have pizza delivery and at 8:30 at night it's a pain driving 20 miles round trip for a whole pie when I just wanted a few bites.

Such is life in the country.

Esteemed Contributor

Great idea for a Triscuit! I sometimes load up a small plate of Triscuits or tortilla chips with shredded cheese for about 15 to 20 seconds in the microwave when I need a salty, cheesy snack! Any kind of shredded cheese is good on any flavor of Triscuits!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jlkz wrote:

@Nightowlz 

This has really worked well for us as a healthy, tasty and quick pizza at home.  It is a compromise between thick and thin crust....can serve as many as you want.

It uses ciabatta rolls that are sliced in half ( or thirds if you are careful ), flattened with a rolling pin or large can, slightly oiled or misted, sauce ( we always have frozen homemade marinara in the freezer ), some low moisture shredded mozzarella, and a very little sprinkle of oregano ( or not ).

If we had mushrooms on hand, on they go.

Bake until cheese melts.  Enjoy:  it is already “ sliced “ and works well next day as a left over.

@jlkz 

Thanks for sharing. That sounds good. Never thought to use Ciabatta rolls flattened out with a rolling pin.

I will have to pick some up next trip to Wal-Mart so we can try it.

What temperature did you bake at?

Respected Contributor

I always have either Marie's or Boboli, even fresh bakery pizza dough on hand. Otherwise, English muffins are wonderful too. I either have my homemade marinara sauce or I love de'fratelli's pizza sauce, very good! Layer your dough with sauce , then fresh mozzarella, garlic powder, pepper, salt, oregano, hot pepper flakes, parmesan grated cheese, and a drizzle of good olive oil, I like, Colavita. Of course you can always add pepperoni or olives, etc. You can do do on almost any cracker or bread. Oh...a nice glass of wine...oh yeeeeahhh!!
Respected Contributor

Wow ! We must have been seperated at birth. Your my kind of Sister Snacker. Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

Triscuit are also a favorite way I make baby cheesecake snacks. Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

Never saw that or paid attention, I've been making things with Triscuits for so , so,  many years I can't any more. 

Respected Contributor

Sounds really good, but not if calories need to be watched. Triscuits work for me.