Esteemed Contributor

Quick snack when you really want pizza......

Last night wasn't hungry at supper time but later a pizza commercial came on it sounded good.  I wasn't going to make a whole pizza at 8:30 at night and I usually don't do more than yogurt or fruit at night but I really, really wanted pizza.

I took 4 or 5 Triscuits on a cookie sheet added a small dollap of jarred pizza sauce, one slice Hormel pepperoni and just a smidge of shredded mozzerella and bake at 375 til the cheese melted. It hit the spot.  Less meat and cheese than a large slice of pizza but same taste. My daughter made a face until she tried one. 

I would make again.

Honored Contributor

Re: Quick snack when you really want pizza......

DH and I shared a whole pizza. Suffered indigestion later in the evening because I added way too many red pepper flakes.

Esteemed Contributor

I have had trouble taking weight off and most of the problem is some sort of addiction to food I really don't need.  I do love all the GOOD STUFF but it really has not been a GOOD idea over time.  I am about 30 pounds too heavy for my 5 ft frame.  

I accidentally discovered something.  I watched a show produced in Japan and saw a few exercises which never really interest me... but at the very end they showed stomach reduction surgery and what I saw totally changed my mind, and perhaps my life.  FAT FAT FAT and more FAT being removed.  Yuk, oh my what a mess being cut and scooped out.  

I came upon a plan to  help me.  Gum, safe gum without sugar or substitutes So  when I have the urge to eat something when I think I am hungry after I have eaten a healthy mean I chew gum.  

I have lost 7 pounds and I plan to continue thinking all the time about FAT.

Esteemed Contributor

This may sound a wee bit wacky to some but when I pick up a few pounds, I reflect with a bit of closet cleaning and organizing. I'm rather strict with my eating habits feel disappointed when I've slipped up and any of my clothes feel snug.  Whatever internally drives the madness, the method always helps me have the control to put that late evening snack back in the cupboard, or skip the chips or cookies if I get hungry while out and about. 

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

Last night wasn't hungry at supper time but later a pizza commercial came on it sounded good.  I wasn't going to make a whole pizza at 8:30 at night and I usually don't do more than yogurt or fruit at night but I really, really wanted pizza.

I took 4 or 5 Triscuits on a cookie sheet added a small dollap of jarred pizza sauce, one slice Hormel pepperoni and just a smidge of shredded mozzerella and bake at 375 til the cheese melted. It hit the spot.  Less meat and cheese than a large slice of pizza but same taste. My daughter made a face until she tried one. 

I would make again.

Oh yes, delicious!  And you can make just a few!

The directions are actually on the side of the Triscuit Box!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

When we want a quick "pizza" I use English muffin halves or a pita bread.  Add some pasta sauce, cheese and a sprinkle of oregano.  Bakes quick in a toaster oven and satisfies the urge.

We eat this as a meal, not a snack.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AuntG wrote:

DH and I shared a whole pizza. Suffered indigestion later in the evening because I added way too many red pepper flakes.

@AuntG 

Last time I ate pizza they sprinkled way too much pizza seasoning on it. My stomach does not like all that oregano. Messed up my stomach. I have not ate pizza since. I'm not much of a pizza person anyways. I want thin crust but DH does not like it. He says it's like eating a cracker. LOL!!! I don't like all the crust because it makes you so bloated.

Some places all you can get with the thin crust is a large pizza. I want a small pizza with thin crust?

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz 

This has really worked well for us as a healthy, tasty and quick pizza at home.  It is a compromise between thick and thin crust....can serve as many as you want.

It uses ciabatta rolls that are sliced in half ( or thirds if you are careful ), flattened with a rolling pin or large can, slightly oiled or misted, sauce ( we always have frozen homemade marinara in the freezer ), some low moisture shredded mozzarella, and a very little sprinkle of oregano ( or not ).

If we had mushrooms on hand, on they go.

Bake until cheese melts.  Enjoy:  it is already “ sliced “ and works well next day as a left over.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz 

This has really worked well for us as a healthy, tasty and quick pizza at home.  It is a compromise between thick and thin crust....can serve as many as you want.

It uses ciabatta rolls ( WalMart of all places ) that are sliced in half ( or thirds if you are careful ), flattened with a rolling pin or large can, slightly oiled or misted, sauce ( we always have frozen homemade marinara in the freezer ), some low moisture shredded mozzarella, and a very little sprinkle of oregano ( or not ).

If we had mushrooms on hand, on they go.

Bake until cheese melts.  Enjoy:  it is already “ sliced “ and works well next day as a left over.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

I would make again.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 - Next time, you could also try making your Triscuit pizzas in the microwave; they honestly turn out exactly the same in a fraction of the time. I often simplify the recipe even further by omitting the sauce, though that clearly is a difference if you want the "full" pizza experience.  Smiley Happy

I also frequently make "tortizzas" for a quick dinner—substitute a thick storebought tortilla for pizza crust, top as desired, and bake at 350 for about 7-8 minutes.