Respected Contributor

Quick, easy Hollandaise Sauce

[ Edited ]

One son loves eggs benedict with hollandaise sauce, so I found this recipe which looks good enough.  Maybe pre-packaged brands of sauce mixes are not needed.

Many years ago, my favorite dish at a Wash DC seafood restaurant was flounder stuffed with crabmeat topped with hollandaise---until the chef changed or his ingredients did, and the sauce tasted like  simple bottled Thousand Island salad dressing.  Ruined the whole thing.

If you all have a better idea for hollandaise, put it here.

QUICK  AND EASY HOLLANDAISE--serves 4

1/2 cup mayonnaise

1/2 cup sour cream

1 teaspoon lemon juice

1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard, or to taste

1/4 teaspoon ground paprika

1 dash hot pepper sauce

Whisk together the mayo, sour cream, lemon juice, mustard, paprika, and hot sauce  in a small sauce pan over medium heat until warmed through, approximately 2-3 minues.

Respected Contributor

Re: Quick, easy Hollandaise Sauce

One of my favorites dishes is eggs benedict.  My daughter too.  At the moment I just use those Knorr packets for Hollandaise sauce.  It's easy and does taste good but this recipe sounds interesting.  Wouldn't think hot pepper sauce would be in there.  Thanks for posting.

Honored Contributor

I just heat some mayonnaise.....

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi LOL  That's a good one..............LOL

Sounds like you're my kind of cook !

LOL

Honored Contributor

Yes @novamc1   it is quick & easy. We do this every time we want hollandaise. The spices may change from time to time but that's it. I don't meassure out, I just plop them in the pan, mix it all up good to go.