Honored Contributor

First off...I know I can Google this, but I'd rather get some ideas from the forum ladies here.

Does anyone have a quick & easy chili recipe?  I want to make it for chili dogs & we don't care for canned chili or canned hot dog sauce.

I don't want to get extravagant; I know some chili recipes require you to throw in everything but the kitchen sink.

Ideas?  Please share!  Oh, & NO BEANS!  Thanks so much!! Smiley Happy

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Re: Quick & Easy Chili Recipe

Fry up some beef,onion,and green pepper or chilies.Add can of tomato’s and a packet of chili seasoning with some water and let it simmer a bit.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Open a can of Hormel's chili with beans. Heat in microvave as per directions. Pour over Fritos -- plain or jalapeno -- add a dollop of sour cream.

Edited to add: Hormel's has chili without beans.

Respected Contributor

Brown 1 pound of ground chuck and add some chopped onion. Add 2  16 oz. cans of petite diced tomatoes, add 1 packet of McCormicks Mild chili seasoning. Let cook and enjoy. 

Honored Contributor

Brown  one pound of ground  chuck with onions, drain well. I add 1 tablespoon of chili powder, I can of petite diced tomatoes, 1 small can of tomato paste and can of tomato sauce.  Simmer until well blended and cooked. Recipe can be doubled. Freezes well. Works great for hot dogs and meat sauce for nachos. Very basic recipe. I could never make enough of this when we had special events for the the youth at church . We would keep this hot in crockpot. Plus had small bowls of chopped onions, hot peppers for anyone wanting it spicy. Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I clipped this recipe for "North Jersey Texas Weiner Sauce" from an old issue of Cook's Country.   It makes about 3 cups:

1 tbsp vegetable oil

1 lb ground beef

1 onion, chopped

3 tbsp tomato paste

1 tbsp chili powder

1 tsp brown sugar

1/4 tsp allspice

2 cups chili sauce

1 cup water

1/4 cup hot sauce (I only use a couple tbsps, we prefer less hot)

2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce

2 tbsp mustard

Brown beef and onion in oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.  Stir in tomato paste, chili powder, brown sugar, and allspice for 2 minutes.  Add chili sauce and water and bring to boil.  Simmer over medium-low heat until thickened.

Grind half of mixture in food processor until coarsely ground, then pour back in skillet.  Stir in hot sauce, Worcestershire, and mustard.

Honored Contributor

@candyagain 

Thank you for responding, but in my request I stated we don't like canned chili.  I want to make something homemade.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

Fry up some beef,onion,and green pepper or chilies.Add can of tomato’s and a packet of chili seasoning with some water and let it simmer a bit.

@dex 

I can do that!  Thanks!! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Any recipe that doesnt call for cumin is not going to have the "chili taste".  For years I've browned ground beef with a chopped onion and have added William's Chili Mix in a silver envelope along with diced canned tomatoes.   You can add beans or not.  Real Southwestern chili doesn't have beans.  I like it with Fritos and a little cheese on top.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Any recipe that doesnt call for cumin is not going to have the "chili taste".  For years I've browned ground beef with a chopped onion and have added William's Chili Mix in a silver envelope along with diced canned tomatoes.   You can add beans or not.  Real Southwestern chili doesn't have beans.  I like it with Fritos and a little cheese on top.

@Kachina624 

You can bet I'm going to add a small can of Hatch green chiles to it! Heart