Honored Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

Hot Dog Burnt Ends

Hot Dog Burnt Ends

Hot Dog Burnt Ends

You are going to love these  hot dog burnt ends otherwise known as poor man’s burnt ends as they take hot dogs and cook them low and slow to create the most crispy caramelized hot dogs that you will love! They are the perfect party food that your guests will be raving about.

Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
Total time:1 hour 10 minutes

Ingredients

• 3 (8 count) packages beef hot dogs
  • 1/4 cup mustard
  • 1/4 cup sweet rub (below)
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce
  • 1/4 cup butter, cut into pieces
  •  
  • Sweet Rub:
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
  • 2 teaspoons onion powder
  • 2 teaspoons garlic powder
  • 2 teaspoons black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon dry mustard
  • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  •  

Instructions

1. Heat the grill to 250°.  Place the hot dogs in a large ziplock bag and pour in the mustard.  Close the bag and shake till completely coated. (You can coat with the dry rub at this point if you want.)
  2. Place the hot dogs on a high rack.  Smoke/grill for 1 hour.
  3. Combine the sweet rub ingredients together and stir well. 
  4. Remove the hot dogs and cut them in half or thirds.  Use a 9x13-inch disposable metal pan or line a pan with tinfoil. Pour the bbq sauce, brown sugar, and half the rub over the hot dogs and toss well to combine and coat.
  5. Cut the butter into pieces and place it on the hot dogs.
  6. Place the pan back on the grill and turn it up to 350°.  Cook for 20-30 minutes.  The hot dogs should be caramelized.
  7. Remove the hot dogs and place them on a plate to serve.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@tiny 2 

So sorry to hear about your health challenges.

Big hugs from the K-Team!!!

(((((tiny2)))))

ETA @ChiliPepper ,   Thank you! I have been watching all the delicious food you have been posting. Everyday I think oh when I can eat again I'm having THAT! LOLWoman LOL

Honored Contributor

@tiny 2 wrote:

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@tiny 2 

(((((tiny2)))))

ETA @ChiliPepper ,   Thank you! I have been watching all the delicious food you have been posting. Everyday I think oh when I can eat again I'm having THAT! LOLWoman LOL

@tiny 2 

Oh no!!! So sorry, I don't mean to tease you & post things you can't eat!!!

What types of things have you been having?

Respected Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@tiny 2 wrote:

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@tiny 2 

(((((tiny2)))))

@tiny 2 

Oh no!!! So sorry, I don't mean to tease you & post things you can't eat!!!

What types of things have you been having?

@ChiliPepper@momtochloe  , Mostly chicken broth, jello, Gatorade and coffee. I graduated to mashed potatoes and full liquids and have enjoyed some ice cream and milk shakes. I have been so lucky. I was supposed to be able to have chopped meats etc but I tried that and it was a disaster landing me back in the hospital so had to slow it down back to liquids.

Several of my former nursing staff have shown up with homemade broth etc. One of the girls that I have not seen since nursing school many moons ago came and has been regularly checking to make sure I'm behaving. We have been having a great time catching up. She and her husband have moved back here so I'm sure we will see a lot of each other.

@momtochloe, I will go back and answer you when I get back.

Honored Contributor

Oh gosh @tiny 2  no worries about getting back to me at all, I just hope things go smoothly for you today and that your infusion will ease some of your pain . . . Heart

And @ChiliPepper  my friend, yeah I just don't know about those hot dog burnt ends . . . I gotta give those more thought/consideration . . . thanks for posting that recipe . . . Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Good morning Kitchenettes and a huge TGIF to one and all! Heart

I just got through waddling the garbage out to the dumpsters and was rewarded with seeing a fishing pole sticking out of the top . . . huh, did not see that coming . . . hee!

@tiny 2 , I hope you enjoyed your special day, that your transfusion went as smoothly as possible and that you are on the mend on all cylinders.  Don't know if anyone has any special plans for the Labor Day weekend (I do not) but if so, please enjoy your festivities and if not please put up your feet and enjoy some well deserved quiet time my friends . . . Heart

Honored Contributor

blueberry-popsicle-Day3-min.jpg

Honored Contributor

National-Blueberry-Popsicle-Day-640x514.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

naturally-sweet-blueberry-popsicles-5.jpg

Blueberry Popsicles

These blueberry popsicles are homemade and naturally sweetened! There isn't any refined sugar or extra ingredients in this easy homemade popsicle recipe.

Prep Time10 mins

Freeze Time3 hrs
Servings: 12 popsicles

Ingredients

• 4 cups fresh blueberries
  •  cup fresh basil optional
  •  cup honey

Instructions

• In a blender or a food processor, add the blueberries, basil and honey. Turn on high and blend until the mixture is smooth, about 1-2 minutes.
  • Pour the mixture into popsicle molds and place the wooden popsicle sticks in about ¾ way down. If you want the popsicles to be completely smooth, you can pour the mixture through a thin sieve before pouring into the molds.
  • Place in the freezer for at least 3 hours to set. To easily remove them from the molds, run the outsides of the molds under hot water for a few seconds to loosen them.

Notes

To remove the popscicles:  run the popsicles under warm water for about 15 seconds.

Nutrition

Serving: 1popsicle | Calories: 57kcal | Carbohydrates: 14.9g | Protein: 0.4g | Fat: 0.2g | Sodium: 0.9mg | Fiber: 1.2g | Sugar: 12.6g
Honored Contributor