Honored Contributor

Oh gosh @Writer with Flair , that soup recipe whisked me back to my mom's kitchen when I was a child!  That is the exact soup she used to make (minus the stone) and wow was it good . . . Bless you for that wave of nostalgia . . . 💓🙏😍😥

Wow.

Honored Contributor

@tiny 2 wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@tiny 2 wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@tiny 2  hey, you tell Nurse Ratchet if you want a honey bun then a honey bun you shall have! 💓😄😉

Thinking the very best thoughts and sending prayers that tomorrow will be extremely routine and that you return home safely and with a large box of said honey buns Honey bun . . . 🙏😉😍😘🙏

@momtochloe @Writer with Flair @RespectLife 

I knew I was going to have to be proactive regarding the Honeybun issue and there is a stash n the back of my SUV. LOLWoman Very Happy So far things are much better than the first time. I am really tired and sleepy but have not experienced the terrible dizziness. I do have some tingling in my fingers on the left again but nothing like before.

Happy Birthday to the Potsticker Soup Thread and Thanks to @mustang66lady   for starting it.Heart

@tiny 2  so to recap, you are well stocked with Honey buns and so far your side effects are making by more tolerable then last time (thank God!) . . . Then today is a good day my friend . . . 

@momtochloe 

Yes, a great day.

@tiny 2  thank goodness and sorry my messages have been garbled, yikes . . . 😬😡😱😤😉

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@tiny 2 wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@tiny 2 wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@tiny 2  hey, you tell Nurse Ratchet if you want a honey bun then a honey bun you shall have! 💓😄😉

Thinking the very best thoughts and sending prayers that tomorrow will be extremely routine and that you return home safely and with a large box of said honey buns Honey bun . . . 🙏😉😍😘🙏

@momtochloe @Writer with Flair @RespectLife 

I knew I was going to have to be proactive regarding the Honeybun issue and there is a stash n the back of my SUV. LOLWoman Very Happy So far things are much better than the first time. I am really tired and sleepy but have not experienced the terrible dizziness. I do have some tingling in my fingers on the left again but nothing like before.

Happy Birthday to the Potsticker Soup Thread and Thanks to @mustang66lady   for starting it.Heart

@tiny 2  so to recap, you are well stocked with Honey buns and so far your side effects are making by more tolerable then last time (thank God!) . . . Then today is a good day my friend . . . 

@momtochloe 

Yes, a great day.

@tiny 2  thank goodness and sorry my messages have been garbled, yikes . . . 😬😡😱😤😉

@momtochloe    Your message is clear and I appreciate it so muchHeartHeartHeart

Esteemed Contributor

@tiny 2 wrote:

@Writer with Flair wrote:

tiny 2,

Were you ever able to get your Covid Vaccine?  What happened with your infusion?

I hope that you are feeling well and that your car is working consistenly.

What a winter this has turned out to be for all of us!  Thanks so much for your prayers and concern.

@Writer with Flair@momtochloe 

I did not post about it because I did not want to discourage people from getting the vaccine. They did not use immune suppressed people in the trials but I have decided that people that are on these type of meds need to know that it might be worse for them and the immunity will most likely be less.

I'm afraid that my vaccine experience from HELL was pretty awful. I had my injection in my right arm and after the waiting period left for my reward that is a must when any needles are involved. I headed straight for Bojangles and picked up a sausage biscuit and coffee. Everything seemed fine when I got home.

One hour and 16 minutes after the shot a rush of fatigue came over me and I headed for the sofa and semi-slept for 5 hours with the discovery channel on. While in my stupor I learned more than I ever wanted to know about making moonshine.Woman Surprised

When I finally woke up my left hand was numb. I was so dizzy I could hardly stand so I thought I would empty the litter box or else there would be a gift of urine in front and under the box. I have very persnickety cats. When I bent down to do the litter I just kept going into the wall. Glad it was there.

I had plenty to drink thinking it might help the dizziness and went back to sleep. The next morning I had terrible pain on my right shoulder,neck,ear, mandible and half of my face was numb. I reached up to massage the shoulder and there was a large lump slightly bigger than an egg there so that explained the pain. The dizziness was by far the worst and persisted until March 1. There is still a little left if I turn abruptly. The numbness on my face is almost gone now. The hand is still numb on my fingertips. The lump is going down and about the size of an almond the last 2 days.

I received my injection on Feb 20th so 10 days of misery. Yesterday I received word after some discussions amongst my MD's that they do want me to get the 2nd one which is scheduled on March 15. I'm kind of scared since it was so rough but the thinking is that my risk of getting Covid with a variant is greater. I'm still thinking about it.

@tiny 2 

Your vaccine experience was truly awful and I'm so sorry you had to endure it.  But I can imagine what you would go thru with the virus and I don't see it any better for you either.  Hopefully this will keep you from finding out.  Heart

Have you thought of buying a self cleaning litter system for your cats?  The litter robot (can't post a link or it will get poofed) is incredibly expensive but if you have more than one cat, might be worth it, especially since you are on your own and have to deal with taking care of your furbabies when you are ill.  

When my youngest daughter and I was living on our own after the wasband and I were divorced, I let her get a cat.  I bought the Omega Paw Roll and Clean and found it extremely easy to keep the litter box situation under control.  I still had to clean it but was so much easier than traditional litter boxes.  I ordered mine thru LtD but PetCo carries them, too.  I believe Chewy has them and you might find them on Amazon, so check several places for the best price.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

@novamc1 wrote:

About that second shot of vaccine.....

We have been waiting quite a while for our accountant to call us saying our tax returns are ready, but finally called him yesterday.

He was out of work for a couple days due to a  reaction to the second shot.

His doctor told him the reaction is a normal response showing his body is adjusting its immune responses, which I  took to mean the "bad" reaction actually proves the shot is working.

I guess that means some people need to feel worse before they feel better.  Oh, goody, can hardly wait to get mine.

@novamc1 

I spoke to a doctor I used to work for-he and his wife are like a brother and sister to me.  I have been so up in the air about the vaccine and stories being told.  From what I understand from him is your body builds up antibodies from the vaccine and/or from having the virus.  The second vaccine is interacting with the antibodies you have built up from the first vaccine.  You may be ill from it, but it shows you are responding to the vaccine appropriately.  If you were really ill with the virus (more than mild symptoms), you should probably wait more than the suggested time period for getting your first injection.  His explaination is the antibodies that you built from the virus plus the vaccine is like trying to force 16 ounces of water in an 8 ounce glass.  Your body is trying to cram itself with antibodies.  He suggested a 6 month wait period after the illness for the first vaccine and then another 3 month wait period (maybe more if at all) for the 2nd vaccine.  I think we all are going to have different reactions to this vaccine - some not as easy as others.  

Esteemed Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

I sure hope every day brings you closer to feeling like yourself @tiny 2 

I checked in on my sis and she still feels awful from her first shot, better, but still awful.

Even though DH is in education and had his NYS approved vaccine registration number MONTHS ago...he still has not been able to get an appointment.  He is thinking he might hold off longer.  You hear so many stories (like my sis) of those who had a hard covid illness....they seem to be reacting badly to the shot.  We have been told by some medical friends you should wait 6 mos...but my sis doc said 90 days was fine. 

I'm not even looking or trying to get an appointment. 

@RespectLife 

Waiting 6 months post having a full blown case of covid ( like your DH had) is what my doctor/former employer advised as well before having the first vaccine.  He is not fully convinced people who have had the full fledged outbreak of the virus really even need the second vaccine.  He is monitoring medical news daily and will let me know if and when he has updated info.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Writer with Flair wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@Writer with Flair  thank you for the birthday serenade.  Gosh what beautiful voices, they gave me chills! 💓

Regarding the Covid vaccine, apparently, for people with normal immune systems, it is not unusual for the second vaccine shot to have more side effects than the first.  Apparently, the stronger side effects indicate a stronger immune response--which is good.

@Writer with Flair 

What she said above!   

Esteemed Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

Blessed Sunday everyone!

Did you all remember to change your clocks?

Good news!

My son arrived back home from duty in DC last night!

@RespectLife 

Praise be for a safe arrival of your son home!  Hope that things will soon be much better for you all.  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

Oh yes happy anniversary Kitchenettes and many, many more!  How lucky I am to have you all in my life.  @mustang66lady , thank you so much my friend! 💓

@momtochloe 

'Twas my pleasure, @momtochloe !   The Soup thread is all the K-Team!   It is a group thing!

Esteemed Contributor

@Writer with Flair 

Oh Stone Soup!   What a great story!  And yes, all soup recipes are welcome here as is any recipe but if you think about it, we are all the ingredients of stone soup!   We each bring something to the pot, making it something special for all.