Honored Contributor

@Writer with Flair wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@tiny 2 wrote:

@Writer with Flair, I do not have a recipe for the fruitcake. You can order it from the website. I think they send them all over.

I have not had the tuna casserole. Tuna in a casserole does not appeal to me and I have never had a single bite of one but they sure seem to be loved by many people.

The Country Captain dish has been claimed by Charleston SC and Savannah. It probably came in through one of the ports. There are all sorts of stories about it. It really is delicious. It is a braise and when done served over rice. The rice is not included in the recipe. There are various versions where some use only chicken breast or only thighs with the skin removed etc but the traditional way is to use cut up chicken pieces dredged in a light coating of flour, saute then remove the chicken while you add the other ingredients then chicken back in the pan. I make it the traditional way and when I have wanted to use it as a hearty hors d' oeuve for a large crowd, I use thighs cut in bite size pieces and serve in a heated chafing dish. I cut everything much smaller for this. I have to go now but I will give you the recipe later today. Now I am wanting itWoman LOL LOL

I only heard about this on Top Chef over the years but never tried it.  This most recent season, in the Restaurant Wars episode, one of the restaurants was built around Country Captain as the main dish and then a thousand side dishes to go with it.

It sounds interesting.

Do you remember any of the side dishes they had to go with it?  What you described reminds me a little of Panchan (sp?) appetizers that they serve in Korean restaurants.

@Writer with Flair 

The Country Capt team lost big time....maybe we don't want their dishes!  LOL

Wish I could remember but I don't.  Sorry!

If you ever get a recipe for that Fruit Cake, let me know.

DH loves that type!  I tried 2 recipes years ago and gave up cuz they were NOT like his mom made....and she never shared her recipe.

Honored Contributor

@tiny 2 

Thanks for posting the recipes!

Now I have got to try it and see what I have been missing by living up North!

Honored Contributor

Oh @Writer with Flair 

I SO wanted Bryan Volt to win Top Chef!

Honored Contributor

@mustang66lady 

I buy Taylor Sherry at the booze store.

Never cooking sherry at the grocery store, but that is my preference.

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@tiny 2 

Thanks for posting the recipes!

Now I have got to try it and see what I have been missing by living up North!

@RespectLife 

Just remember it is a braise and it has to be cooked long enough for the chicken to give up its broth to the sauce. It should taste mellow not a strong tomato taste like pasta sauce.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

@Writer with Flair wrote:

And, there always is Dr. Fauci or Brad Pitt dressed up as Dr. Fauci.

Brad Pitt transforms into Dr Anthony Fauci for SNL just like the ...

@momtochloe 

Ohhhh, I'm a Tom Selleck girl!  Those shorts and cut out tshirt he wore on his jog in Three Men and a Baby just before he discovers the baby at the door...... ehhh, what baby?!   Oh yea, that one.......

Mustang,

I remember a tee shirt you could get that said something like, "If found, please return to Tom Selleck."

@Writer with Flair 

Wonder how in the world I missed that fashion statement?!

love you Tom Selleck
Honored Contributor

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Wednesday my friends . . . gosh you can tell it's Hump Day and I sure could use a push over that hump . . . Smiley Embarassed

Wednesday GIFs | Tenor

@Writer with Flair  alas it appears Coleman no longer makes those burgers . . Smiley Sad

@tiny 2  sign me up for your book, I'll make room on my Kindle!  Smiley LOL

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Wednesday my friends . . . gosh you can tell it's Hump Day and I sure could use a push over that hump . . . Smiley Embarassed

Wednesday GIFs | Tenor

@Writer with Flair  alas it appears Coleman no longer makes those burgers . . Smiley Sad

@tiny 2  sign me up for your book, I'll make room on my Kindle!  Smiley LOL

@momtochloe, LOLLOLLOL, That is so me this morning. I had the IV yesterday and went straight to the sofa to nap. When I woke up the cats were just standing there a few inches from my face glaring because their food was late. After I got them fed and the neighbors cat a huge boom and the power was out. All cats scurried under the bed while I set up alternative lighting. Around 1:30 am the power came back on and then another boom around 4am power gone again. I am trying to get the house really cool in case it happens again. That dog pretty much sums it up.I need coffee!!!

Honored Contributor

Oh gosh @tiny 2  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO . . . is your power back now?  Oh goodness that is just awful my friend . . . (((tiny2)))

Aside from the heat/power, how are you feeling today?  Did your neighbor's cat ever come out from under your bed?  Sending Positive Power Vibes your way today . . . 

sending out good vibes meme - slubne-suknie.info

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe, Yes, they are all in their various napping spots including the neighbor cat. She likes to be in front of the air conditioning vent in the living room. My cats like to curl up in their carriers and I made her one with a little blankie but when I took her to it there was much hissing and growling. She clearly does not have the same affection for it.  Her mom came to visit a couple of days ago. LOL