Honored Contributor

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Finally Friday my friends . . . Smiley Happy

NoISE- CANCELLING HEADPHONESITS LIKE THIS EVERY JULY 3RD ...

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I forgot to mention that I previously made Pioneer Woman's Sherry Tomato Soup which is less fiddly but very good.

I was trying to remember what soup recipe I made that had sherry in it and found this on my Pinterest board.

https://www.thepioneerwoman.com/food-cooking/recipes/a9427/sherried-tomato-soup/ 

@VaBelle35  thanks so much for this as this is very scalable and perfect for me . . . yum!

Hope your a/c/housing issues are handled quickly and you have your much cooler life back soon!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

@momtochloe wrote:

@Writer with Flair wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

I so want this t-shirt:

Funny tshirts | Etsy

Well spoken, mtc.  It's amazing that this tee shirt came out while we still have several months left to go in 2020.  Things do not bode well for the rest of the year, I'll wager.

An idea just struck me for a way to spice up your "sheltering in place" time.  See what you think of it. 

In addition to purchasing the above mentioned tee shirt for yourself, you might also consider purchasing an additonal shirt for one of the Hemsworth brothers, should any of these brothers ever come within 30 miles of your residence.

Chris Hemsworth is On a Hero's Journey - Men's Journal

If neither of the options I just mentioned seem feasible at this time, you might consider Brad Pitt.  I hear that he still is single.

Brad Pitt Steroid Cycles - iSARMS.com

I think he might be an acceptable substitute.  Actually, I don't think you could go wrong with a Hemsworth or Brad Pitt.

Chris Hemsworth was moved meeting Brad Pitt for the first time: 'I ...

And, there always is Dr. Fauci or Brad Pitt dressed up as Dr. Fauci.

Brad Pitt transforms into Dr Anthony Fauci for SNL just like the ...

Oh goodness @Writer with Flair  my friend, I have reached the stage in my life that I would rather have a nicely priced pound of bacon . . . sigh.

Hee!

mtc,

I respect your decision.  One can never go wrong with bacon.  It seldom disappoints and never has issues with picking up it's own underwear or having to be to be reminded to put the toilet seat down.  I feel the same way about good quality chocolate as I do about bacon.

Coleman's Hickory Smoked Uncured Bacon is our favorite brand.  It has less sodium (I think 140 mg per slice) than most other brands, if that is a consideration.

By People Staff 
May 16, 2016 01:07 PM

bacon-corn

2-3 lbs. bacon slices
1 bunch basil leaves
2 jalapeño peppers, thinly sliced
8 ears corn, shucked

1. On a piece of parchment paper, place a few slices of bacon (2 to 3 slices, or as many as you prefer) alongside each other, slightly overlapping. Cover with another sheet of parchment paper and pound lightly with a rolling pin to flatten the bacon and press the slices together. Remove the top parchment sheet and sprinkle the bacon with basil leaves and jalapeño slices.

2. Lay 1 ear of corn across the bottom edge of the bacon and roll the corn up. Transfer the corn to a parchment-lined baking sheet, laying it seam-side down. Repeat the process with the remaining ears of corn. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or up to 24 hours.

3. Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium heat. Grill the corn, starting with the bacon seam-side down. Give the ears a quarter turn every 5 minutes, until the bacon is crisp and caramelized on all sides and the corn is tender, 25 to 30 minutes total.

Serves: 8

Prep time: 20 minutes, plus refrigeration time
Cook time: 30 minutes

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I forgot to mention that I previously made Pioneer Woman's Sherry Tomato Soup which is less fiddly but very good.

I was trying to remember what soup recipe I made that had sherry in it and found this on my Pinterest board.

https://www.thepioneerwoman.com/food-cooking/recipes/a9427/sherried-tomato-soup/ 

@VaBelle35  thanks so much for this as this is very scalable and perfect for me . . . yum!

Hope your a/c/housing issues are handled quickly and you have your much cooler life back soon!  Smiley Happy

VaBelle,

What do you think of adding crabmeat to this soup?  The picture reminds me of a crab bisque I had many years ago.

Honored Contributor

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Fourth of July my friends and may you all have a safe and blessed day . . . Heart

4Th Of July GIF by Animation Domination High-Def - Find & Share on ...

Honored Contributor

Good morning my Friends!

Happy, happy 4th of July!

Bless this wonderful Nation we live in!

I feel so fortunate to live here.

Thank you to those who have sacrificed for our freedom!

Lets pull together & work as one to get through this!

Honored Contributor

VaBelle,

What do you think of adding crabmeat to this soup?  The picture reminds me of a crab bisque I had many years ago.

@Writer with Flair 

I vote yes!

Great idea!

Respected Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

VaBelle,

@Writer with Flair 

I vote yes!

Great idea!

@ChiliPepper @Writer with Flair @VaBelle35 , I think it would be good too. I used to go to Charleston SC to visit my sister when she lived there. It was a 5 hour drive so I would leave from work on my long weekend off.  I always looked forward to She-Crab soup they serve down there. It also had sherry in it and it was very rich. Oh my so good.Woman Very Happy Of course there were the marines too...LOL. We would go to the nightclubs in a group of 5 or 6 girls and have a great time dancing the night away. We stuck together in case those marines had any" ideas".  LOLLOLLOL.

Honored Contributor

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Souper Sunday my friends . . . Heart

Fifth Of July” Opening – theaterlife

Honored Contributor

It's too hot to walk to the beach today, if you don't mind I'll take a taxi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGpbZ-UWb0g

Hee!  Heart