Honored Contributor

Good morning @ChiliPepper , happy Souper Sunday to you too!  I am having an eggroll for breakfast because I needed the freezer bag for some hotdogs I opened a couple of days ago . . . hee!

@tiny 2  thank you so much for that heads up on not only Merideth's book but also that Kindle for PC app.  I have to go download it as I don't especially like trying to read a cookbook on my Kindle . . . oooh I'm so excited! 

Honored Contributor

@ChiliPepper 

@RespectLife 

Further to @tiny 2  Kindle heads up, Meredith also is offering two of her pressure cooker/InstantPot cook books for free download as well if you want to take a look.

Again, thank you so much for letting us know Tiny as it is so much easier for me to read/search on my laptop iso my Kindle!  Heart

Honored Contributor

@Writer with Flair wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Friday my friends . . . Smiley Happy

mtc,

I loved that picture with the quote!  It reminded me of something I learned when I was going through a study on the Feasts of Israel.  The Feast of Sukkot (Succoth), or booths (shelters), was to commemorate the Children of Israel's trusting in God during their time in the wilderness.  When they built their booths/shelters, they were to use branches to make the ceilings.  By not having a solid ceiling, the branches with the leaves on them allowed them to look up and see the sky when they were in their booths (which was a lot of the time during this feast).  That way, they never would forget Who it was that was taking care of them and on Whom they could always rely.

Thank you @Writer with Flair !

That is a beautiful reminder!

Honored Contributor

One of Meredith's recent emails had a lot of No Knead bread recipes that looked great.

They are on her website.

Honored Contributor

Did I move to Chicago and not realize it?

Every day it is so very windy!

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Friday my friends . . . Smiley Happy

mtc,

I loved that picture with the quote!  It reminded me of something I learned when I was going through a study on the Feasts of Israel.  The Feast of Sukkot (Succoth), or booths (shelters), was to commemorate the Children of Israel's trusting in God during their time in the wilderness.  When they built their booths/shelters, they were to use branches to make the ceilings.  By not having a solid ceiling, the branches with the leaves on them allowed them to look up and see the sky when they were in their booths (which was a lot of the time during this feast).  That way, they never would forget Who it was that was taking care of them and on Whom they could always rely.

Oh goodness @Writer with Flair , this is beautiful!  Thank you for sharing this with all of us as it's so important right now!  Heart

Honored Contributor

Cool & rainy today.

Good afternoon for SOUP!

Esteemed Contributor

We are having pork steaks cooked on the Traeger today.  I believe one of our DD's is ordering the Traeger that is the TSV.  We had to talk her off the ledge as she was considering getting a gas grill.  She had a bad experience with a charcoal grill and lighter fluid.  I told her if she can cook with a literal bomb (the ninja foodi) in her kitchen and not worry, she can handle the Trager.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Greetings everyone

Things at work are settling down more now that people are finding their groove with working from home and we've come up with some creative ways to do things.  This week was buy but not crazy.

I've been focusing on crafts and cleaning here.  Now that it's been over a month, it's time to start cleaning what I cleaned in the beginning.  I even did my windows this week.  I'm still trying to get the adhesive off of them from how they were wrapped from the manufacturer.  I got a lot off this time around, I think it's dried out a bit and loosened up.   I have 2 windows in the basement that I am going to try to work on from the outside on a nice day since they are level to the ground.  You don't realize how dirty your windows are until you clean them Smiley Very Happy

Did I post my finished needlepoint yet?  It's not relaxing but it is very addictive.  I wanted to get a pillowcase kit but none of them with nice patterns come with the thread but I think after my next kit I am going to break down and buy the thread to do the pillowcases as at least pillowcases are useful.  I bought at Ott light as it became apparent when I finished this one that I need to be able to see better to make the stitches tighter so that there is no white showing through.  The red rose I did first, so you can see I got a little better by the time I got to the leaves.  LOL

Needlepoint.jpg

Amazon is limiting the amount of yarn i can buy so I went to the source, but shipping is much slower.  I am going to start a different blanket in white doing small squares.  Now that it's getting warming, it's going to be harder to keep this heavy thing on top of me while I crochet.  Plus, it's almost done.  Another 10 rows and it should be ready for the fancy edge.

Crochet.jpg

I am heading out today for my bi-weekly run to the organic grocery store to refill my water bottles and pick up food and pick up Panera.  I've been having Wegmans delivered or doing curbside pickup, whichever I can get first.

Macadamia nuts and organic rotisserie chicken have been elusive so far.  Not sure what the run on macadamia nuts is all about, but it is what it is.  LOL

I was going to make fried chicken this week and you all are killing me about buttermilk being hard to find.  

Stay safe and stay well.

VaBelle,

You have done such beautiful crafts!  I am impressed!  Unfortunately, the craft gene passed me by.  My dear mother could knit and crochet and sew up a storm.  She did try to teach me what she knew, but without much success.  God bless her! That woman had the patience of Job!

I have not been to Costco in over a month, but the last time I went they had plenty of rotisserie chicken  (the whole chicken or just the meat "harvested" off the bone) and all the nuts they usually have.  If you are a Costco member, you could call them ahead of time to see if they have the things you are looking for in stock.

Respected Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

@mustang66lady wrote:

Tiny 2, Mustang, Novamc, VaBelle, HoneyBit, and Respect,

Are you all doing okay?   It looks like there was a lot of fierce weather where K-Team/Kitchenette Members live.

Be safe and well, dear friends.

@Writer with Flair 

Oh Writer-thank you for your concern.  I know there were terrible storms but thankfully for us, they stayed just north of us.  We are fine.  Thank you for asking!  Hope you and Mr. Writer are enduring the shelter in place well-any new dance steps being created?

Mustang,

I am glad that the storms kept their distance from you.  I have found that one of the things about living in "Tornado Alley" is that I am always on my guard whenever "weather" is predicted.   

Has your grandson's school system decided to close for the year?  It looks like the schools here will not reopen until the new school year begins in the fall. 

Your grandson is such an amazing kid.  I wish him all the best.  He has overcome so much with you and your DH's support.  Indeed, he is blesed to have you in his life.

We have not come up with any new dance steps, but who knows what the future may hold!

Danspartyeba80.gif