Honored Contributor

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Souper Sunday my friends . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@momtochloe 

Good afternoon my Friend!

Happy Saturday!!!

Worked 1/2 of job # 2 this morning, doing job # 1 now (we're doing inventory) & then I gotta finish up job # 1 when I get done here. Long day but I feel good so far!!!

What are you up to today?

Hiya @ChiliPepper , hope you got out of work at a decent hour and were able to relax a bit last night.  I've been meaning to ask you, is DD home for the holidays now?

Respected Contributor

@Writer with Flair wrote:

tiny 2,

I just wanted to let you know that I was thinking of you and hope that your weather is to your liking.  My MIL lives about two hours from Raleigh and it was quite cold there.

Thanks for thinking of me. I am in a terrible state again. Thanks for all thoughts and prayers. Goodness this is rough.

It has been cold and guess what, the little frog that disappeared is alive and well still hanging out in the bathroom. I found him wedged between the drain pipe and pop-up thing at the bottom of the sink and had to rescue him. Now I do not know what to do because it is so cold lately. I know that they hibernate but I do not know if it would be possible for him to find a hole to hang out in but surely he must need a bug or 2.

Esteemed Contributor

Snow, sleet, ice-we are getting hit.  Luckily for us, we are on the lower end of this front moving thru; areas north of us are getting hit much harder.   We saw terrible accidents on the way home from church.  Most schools have cancelled for tomorrow and on the news, they are asking those that can work from home tomorrow, to do so.  They have stopped plowing the roads and are now re-treating for the ice they anticipate to fall thru the night.  But there is also a chance that may get washed away if it turns to rain but that will freeze as the temps are in the low 20's.  

@tiny 2 

I think of you all the time and just know you are being held close in prayers and thoughts by us all.  I wish I had something magical to say or do to take this pain and grief from your plate, but i don't.  Please know that all of us are frustrated we are not closer to you to help you thru this.  Heart

@ChiliPepper 

Goodness girl, you work all the time!   Hope you are well and tucked in warm and safe this evening.  Do you have your Christmas menu set yet?   I think we have ours but I need to get on the cookie train tomorrow.   It will be too nasty to shop any tomorrow so will hold off until Tuesday for that.  It's looking like gift cards for our girls and their S.O.s this year.  I think we are going to purchase an "evening out" for them at a nice restaurant on us.  

@momtochloe 

Just looking at the radar weather, it looks like this storm front may skirt Chi-town as well.  Hope you are set for a day or more as you might get snowed/iced in.   There have been some real distortions as to how this storm is dropping snow/sleet-one inch in areas and just down the road a bit, 3 inches plus.  Can't imagine what the middle and upper portions of this storm is dropping.   Stay safe and warm my friend!

Honored Contributor

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Dusting of Snow Monday my friends . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@HLP 

Good morning and welcome!

Ever since they came out w/ the mini potstickers, that is what I use for the soup.

I prefer them to the regular larger sized potstickers, which always broke apart on me.  Then with the leftovers, they were too mushy.

I add them at the very end and do not let the soup boil....just simmer lightly.

The minute I see they have changed color to full white...we eat.  They have always stayed in tack for me.

I have substituted shelf (meaning hard pasta) tortellini in this soup many times.  They work really well and never come apart.  I haven't tried the fresh or frozen tortellini.  The shelf pkgs seem to cook up more firm.

That way, I get my flavors still even when I am out of potstickers.  Tortellin....potstickers...close enough!  LOL

Thanks for sharing and feel free to join us any time!

Honored Contributor

@tiny 2 wrote:

@Writer with Flair wrote:

tiny 2,

I just wanted to let you know that I was thinking of you and hope that your weather is to your liking.  My MIL lives about two hours from Raleigh and it was quite cold there.

Thanks for thinking of me. I am in a terrible state again. Thanks for all thoughts and prayers. Goodness this is rough.

It has been cold and guess what, the little frog that disappeared is alive and well still hanging out in the bathroom. I found him wedged between the drain pipe and pop-up thing at the bottom of the sink and had to rescue him. Now I do not know what to do because it is so cold lately. I know that they hibernate but I do not know if it would be possible for him to find a hole to hang out in but surely he must need a bug or 2.

Oh hugs @tiny 2 

and PRAYERS!  I know this road you are travelling is very long, filled with curves and changes.  It is indeed rough, especially now.

May our Father give you the strength you need to get through each day, step by step.  He does care, He hears your pleas and knows your sorrows.

I can't believe Mr. Frog is still hanging around!  I think he wants to share your home.

I thnk the best thing to do is just name him.

Don't they eat a ton...then slow down their metabolism some how that they don't need to eat?

Can you bring him to my house?  I have these flying things that need a good froggie!

Not fruit flies....but nothing is catching them.  I think they are in the soil of my basil plant.

I will make him a nice home and he can de-bug me!

Esteemed Contributor

Two months ago it was still hotter that H_L_ here, well now heck has frozen over!   It is still snowing over that nice layer of ice we got between snows yesterday.  Schools are closed and most people who have the ability to work from home have been asked to do so.  It is pretty though.  After I finish coloring my hair, I am going to bake a batch or two of cookies.  Somewhere along the line, I need to wrap  some presents.  Sure wish those little elves would take care of that for me while I sleep!   Hope all of you that had to get to work today, was able to do so safely.  Not sure where this storm is heading but if it is heading your way, make sure you are prepared to batten down for a few days-get thee to the store before it comes!

Honored Contributor

@mustang66lady 

You gotta get those Kringle Express Gift Bags!  I only wrap my granddaughters so she can have the thrill of shredding it everywhere!

Every other gift, and oops, there are a LOT of them....go in the Kringle bags.  Zip the ribbons, maybe tie a bow with them...DONE!

Once GENTLY opened (as I remind them), I take them right back!  LOL  I have been using the same set for 3 years now!

Honored Contributor

Good afternoon Ladies!!!

Happy, happy Marvelous Monday!!!