Honored Contributor

@Writer with Flair wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

Tee hee!  Laughed at by the other coyotes!  LOL

Good Friday Morning everyone!

We have a lovely (but maybe last) no rain, sunshiney day here!

Do I look sick to you guys?  Should I go home?

As your V.A.M. (Volunteer Adoptive Mother) I would be happy to write you an excuse from work: 

TOO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

Please excuse my hardworking daughter, RESPECT, from work today as she is severly lacking in Vitamin D in her diet and fun in her life and would benefit greatly from a day frolicking out in the sunshine away from the saltmines (i.e., her workplace). 

Sincerely,

Respect's V.O.M. (Volunteer Adoptive Mother)

LOL @Writer with Flair   Good one!

I thank you!  i will print for future consideration, however, I think you have to be my VAS.. Volunteer Adoptive SISTER!  I know I act kinda childish many times, but I am pretty sure I am WAY too old for you to be my parent! 

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

So the day isn't even halfway over and I already have complaints:

• I bounce out the door this morning and see that they have taped a note to the stairwell heading downstairs indicating that they will be power washing the garage floor tomorrow so you have to get your car out of there by 8am (a little advanced notice would be nice for those of us that don't always venture out every day).  Or maybe they could join the 20th century and develop an email alert list . . . . sigh.
  • I go to collect my cans of beets with my "You are our favorite shopper" coupon and it doesn't work.  Huh?  I ask the lady and she said it comes off at the end (please note it does not) but I decided to work within the parameters.  Nope, no discount but I did figure out I had the wrong size can.  Excellent!  I get my money back and then am delighted to find three little cans . . . for .59 a piece . . . and my "You are our favorite shopper" coupon was for . . . .71 a piece.

Needless to say, I took my .59 beets and ran . . . Smiley Very Happy

@novamc1  I found those Chung's egg rolls and bought a box of the chicken.  Can't wait to try them!

@tiny 2, how's it going in Wild Kingdom (bathroom version)?  Seriously, I hope you were able to return your uninvited houseguest to his original habitat . . . Heart

@momtochloe 

Help me remember to look for egg rolls!  I bet they would be good in my baby AF.

Are they fresh or frozen?

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife 

The egg rolls are usually found in our grocery stores in a freezer case.  They don't get a lot  of shelf space, so look carefully for them or ask the store manager for guidance.  I think they're surrounded by varieties of "snack" items.

I just bought  box of them yesterday.  They're in the freezer just waiting for me to get the urge to heat them up.

We should get a  taste-test report from @mtc, if she got some and has eaten them yet.

Respected Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife wrote:

@Writer with Flair wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

Tee hee!  Laughed at by the other coyotes!  LOL

Good Friday Morning everyone!

We have a lovely (but maybe last) no rain, sunshiney day here!

Do I look sick to you guys?  Should I go home?

As your V.A.M. (Volunteer Adoptive Mother) I would be happy to write you an excuse from work: 

TOO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

Please excuse my hardworking daughter, RESPECT, from work today as she is severly lacking in Vitamin D in her diet and fun in her life and would benefit greatly from a day frolicking out in the sunshine away from the saltmines (i.e., her workplace). 

Sincerely,

Respect's V.O.M. (Volunteer Adoptive Mother)

LOL @Writer with Flair   Good one!

I thank you!  i will print for future consideration, however, I think you have to be my VAS.. Volunteer Adoptive SISTER!  I know I act kinda childish many times, but I am pretty sure I am WAY too old for you to be my parent! 

Dear Respect,

The only reason I suggested being your mother was because I thought that a written excuse from a mother would carry more weight than one from a sister or other person.  (Dang!  I totally forgot Parole Officer.  I bet getting a written excuse from such a person would make your boss snap to attention but fast.  On the down side, it might open the door to many unwanted inquiries regarding the origins of your need for a parole officer.  Sometimes you just cannot win.)

Honored Contributor

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Windy Wednesday my friends . . . Umbrella on Windy day animated emoticon

Honored Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

@RespectLife 

The egg rolls are usually found in our grocery stores in a freezer case.  They don't get a lot  of shelf space, so look carefully for them or ask the store manager for guidance.  I think they're surrounded by varieties of "snack" items.

I just bought  box of them yesterday.  They're in the freezer just waiting for me to get the urge to heat them up.

We should get a  taste-test report from @mtc, if she got some and has eaten them yet.

@novamc1 

@RespectLife 

So I took one for the team and had one for breakfast . . . hands down the very best frozen egg roll I have ever had!  The wrapper is crispy and nicely flakey, not stuffed with just veggies and the chicken was delicious.  As close as I have ever had to egg rolls from a restaurant.  @novamc1 , thanks so much for the recommendation as they are a home run!  Take Out emoticon

Honored Contributor

ATTN ALDI SHOPPERS:

Starting in next week's ad they have those lovely wooden wick candles.  They are lovely, have a great throw of the scent and I just love the way they crackle.

They are also having a cast iron extravaganza/cooking in general specials.  I am going to buy one of those tiny coquettes(?) and maybe one of the mini pots/griddles.

Needless to say, I will be pounding on their door next Wednesday morning!

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe 

Good morning mtc!!!

Good morning K-Team!!!

Happy, happy Wonderful, Windy Wednesday!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

Sorry I missed this important day yesterday:

View image on Twitter

Respected Contributor

@Writer with Flair 

Nice to learn about a special day I knew nothing about before.

I just might have to take the day off in my honor!!

Signed, 

One who can definitely let someone know I can be grouchy at LEAST one day a year!