Honored Contributor

So the day isn't even halfway over and I already have complaints:

• I bounce out the door this morning and see that they have taped a note to the stairwell heading downstairs indicating that they will be power washing the garage floor tomorrow so you have to get your car out of there by 8am (a little advanced notice would be nice for those of us that don't always venture out every day).  Or maybe they could join the 20th century and develop an email alert list . . . . sigh.
  • I go to collect my cans of beets with my "You are our favorite shopper" coupon and it doesn't work.  Huh?  I ask the lady and she said it comes off at the end (please note it does not) but I decided to work within the parameters.  Nope, no discount but I did figure out I had the wrong size can.  Excellent!  I get my money back and then am delighted to find three little cans . . . for .59 a piece . . . and my "You are our favorite shopper" coupon was for . . . .71 a piece.

Needless to say, I took my .59 beets and ran . . . Smiley Very Happy

@novamc1  I found those Chung's egg rolls and bought a box of the chicken.  Can't wait to try them!

@tiny 2, how's it going in Wild Kingdom (bathroom version)?  Seriously, I hope you were able to return your uninvited houseguest to his original habitat . . . Heart

Respected Contributor

@tiny 2, how's it going in Wild Kingdom (bathroom version)?  Seriously, I hope you were able to return your uninvited houseguest to his original habitat . . . 

@momtochloe He is still here avoiding me. DH said, Do you blame him? LOLWoman LOL

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 

Congratulations!  How lovely...a baby girl!

Your vacation sounds like it was MUCH needed!

Hee, I'm with you...skip the huggy, feeling stuff and just get to the point!

Honored Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

@momtochloe 

FYI about the lights, maybe you don't know this ..........I discovered by accident the instruction manual for the light buried in the fold of the cardboard packaging.  It's very HIDDEN!!

It contains some useful info about how and where  to use the two optional types of fastening tape in different situations, how to use or not use the additional bracket,  and how to mount using screws.

@novamc1 

@momtochloe 

I know my light bars are different but they came with velcro strips which are very handy for taking it down to recharge w/ the USB cord.

I think it was mentioned before but I think the Command strips are a great way to go!

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

So the day isn't even halfway over and I already have complaints:

• I bounce out the door this morning and see that they have taped a note to the stairwell heading downstairs indicating that they will be power washing the garage floor tomorrow so you have to get your car out of there by 8am (a little advanced notice would be nice for those of us that don't always venture out every day).  Or maybe they could join the 20th century and develop an email alert list . . . . sigh.
  • I go to collect my cans of beets with my "You are our favorite shopper" coupon and it doesn't work.  Huh?  I ask the lady and she said it comes off at the end (please note it does not) but I decided to work within the parameters.  Nope, no discount but I did figure out I had the wrong size can.  Excellent!  I get my money back and then am delighted to find three little cans . . . for .59 a piece . . . and my "You are our favorite shopper" coupon was for . . . .71 a piece.

Needless to say, I took my .59 beets and ran . . . Smiley Very Happy

@novamc1  I found those Chung's egg rolls and bought a box of the chicken.  Can't wait to try them!

@tiny 2, how's it going in Wild Kingdom (bathroom version)?  Seriously, I hope you were able to return your uninvited houseguest to his original habitat . . . Heart

@momtochloe 

I am sorry to let you know that your beets coupon didn't work cuz they are yucky and should not be eaten.  Someone was trying to help you out there!

Honored Contributor

@tiny 2 

We have a plague of frogs (mostly small) every year.  I thought I moved to Egypt!

My daughter spent her money on a Frog Catcher for the pool.  It is a floater leaning against the wall.  They can go up on the bottom pad and then they are supposed to climb up the ladder and get out.  They git the bottom part but are too dumb to climb up so we just grab them w/ our hands or the pool net and scoop them out.  Sometimes they jump right back in the pool and we have to chase them.

There are so many frogs in the driveway we have to 'clear' them away before we can back up....OR...smoosh, YICK!

However, not one has ever made it into the house!  Gosh, good luck with the toilet thing!

Respected Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

@RespectLife 

We have ceiling lights in all closets except the one I mentioned, which is very deep and dark.

We also have hard-wired under-cabinet lights in the kitchen, but a crummy flourescent light in the pantry.  Woule like something better there.

Most useful, probably, would be one of those handy lights in the garage, so we don't have to turn on the two light fixtures high up in the ceiling every time we want to step into the garage and put some trash in the cans.

We have high ceilings everywhere, and having to change burned-out bulbs in the ceiling fixtures is rather unpleasant.

Thanks to MTC for bringing up the subject!!

Novamc,

We recently had our garage door opener replaced.  This new one came with several nice features--one of which is a motion sensor light that turns on when you enter the garage.  As Martha Stewart would say, "It's a good thing."  If you have to replace your garage opener anytime soon, that feature will probably be on your new opener.

Respected Contributor

@mustang66lady wrote:

@Writer with Flair wrote:

Dear Kitchenettes,

I couldn't remember if I told you about a little excitement we had the Saturday before last.  We were awakened by two bobcats having a terrible fight outside our bedroom window.  Yikes!  Welcome to the wild west!  

DH called animal control because it was such a fierce fight.   There are several elderly early morning walkers in our area and he was concerned about them.  He was surprised to learn that animal control would not come out unless someone had been hurt by the animals.  They said that they did want people to report sightings of the animals, though, so they could keep track of them.

@Writer with Flair'

Ohhhh this so reminds me of a conversation I had with our village "animal" control as well as our county "animal" control.  All both of them could offer is that I pay for a trapper to capture a coyote in my yard that was stalking my dogs and even wandering up into the pool area of the yard where my family was swimming.   All they would be of concern with was domestic animals like dogs and cats.   I told them that their "title" of animal control should be changed to dog catcher.  Since we live in "town" we cannot shoot our own firearms.  The best advice I recieved was to freeze paintball balls and shoot those at the coyote as those frozen paintballs would really sting a lot and are not against village laws to fire off.

Mustang,

After reading your comments about Animal Control in your area, I wonder what it is we do pay these people for?  

I remember (many years ago) animal control  people coming out to look for and pick up strays, check out possible rabid animals, break up fighting animals, and etc.  They arrived in what looked like a small armoured-type vehicle (that had bars over the windows) manned by two employees wearing gauntlets, protective gear, and armed with a hook on a long pole.  They would capture animals, put them in cages, and haul them off.  After they left, you definitely had the feeeing that you had witnessed the old saying, "Your tax dollars at work for you."   Not so much now.

Once, Animal Control came out when we had found a sick bird that was acting strangely.  This was during the first outbreak of West Nile Virus in our area.  The news outlets were telling people not to touch or get near any suspicious animal.   They warned against even throwing a dead animal away because it might have died of West Nile Virus and still could be highly contagious.

Getting back to our present situation, DH was told to put some quarters in an empty soft drink can and stick a wadded up paper towel in the opening.  You are supposed to shake the can vigorously, if you are near an animal.  Supposedly, the criters don't like that kind of noise and will vamoose when they hear it.  DH put one of these "devises" in each of the cars so we each would have one in the event that we had to park some place where there might be some wild varmints.

Sightings of wild animals definitely have increased since we have been here.  In our area, I believe it is due to so many new housing developments being built which have taken over previously untouched wilderness.

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@mustang66lady wrote:

@Writer with Flair wrote:

Dear Kitchenettes,

I couldn't remember if I told you about a little excitement we had the Saturday before last.  We were awakened by two bobcats having a terrible fight outside our bedroom window.  Yikes!  Welcome to the wild west!  

DH called animal control because it was such a fierce fight.   There are several elderly early morning walkers in our area and he was concerned about them.  He was surprised to learn that animal control would not come out unless someone had been hurt by the animals.  They said that they did want people to report sightings of the animals, though, so they could keep track of them.

@Writer with Flair'

Ohhhh this so reminds me of a conversation I had with our village "animal" control as well as our county "animal" control.  All both of them could offer is that I pay for a trapper to capture a coyote in my yard that was stalking my dogs and even wandering up into the pool area of the yard where my family was swimming.   All they would be of concern with was domestic animals like dogs and cats.   I told them that their "title" of animal control should be changed to dog catcher.  Since we live in "town" we cannot shoot our own firearms.  The best advice I recieved was to freeze paintball balls and shoot those at the coyote as those frozen paintballs would really sting a lot and are not against village laws to fire off.

@mustang66lady  plus all of the other coyotes will snicker and laugh at his new "paint job" . . . Smiley Very Happy

Seriously, that's terrific that animal control isn't helpful with an animal that is a danger to the general community.  Phooey on them.

mtc,

Ditto that.  Perhaps we should suggest a name change for their "services."  Animal Awareness?  Animal Advice?   Animals-Only Protection Services?  Frozen Paintball Protection Ideas?

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

Tee hee!  Laughed at by the other coyotes!  LOL

Good Friday Morning everyone!

We have a lovely (but maybe last) no rain, sunshiney day here!

Do I look sick to you guys?  Should I go home?

As your V.A.M. (Volunteer Adoptive Mother) I would be happy to write you an excuse from work: 

TOO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

Please excuse my hardworking daughter, RESPECT, from work today as she is severly lacking in Vitamin D in her diet and fun in her life and would benefit greatly from a day frolicking out in the sunshine away from the saltmines (i.e., her workplace). 

Sincerely,

Respect's V.O.M. (Volunteer Adoptive Mother)