Esteemed Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

@momtochloe

Thanks my friend; I am feeling better but I do have some teeth that are still hurting and that thing didn't hit me in the mouth!  DH (who has been in his share of fights plus played LaCrosse so has been hit in the face multiple times!) said that was normal.  I sure hope so-I don't want to lose teeth over this or have to have dental work because of it.  I was able to put makeup on this morning and kind of cover things up and we went to church so either everyone was polite or they didn't notice!   Good enough for me.!   I'll be fine; I sure acted like a baby over this.  And yes, I saw stars and I almost fell to the floor  from it so I can understand how you felt-you be careful too!  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@VaBelle35

I have been taking tumeric that I purchased at SAM's.  Before that I had another brand from somewhere else but can't remember where.  My problem with the tumeric in both cases is the capsule it comes in.  Any moisture at all causes them to be "sticky".   I can't seem to swallow them with out almost choking because it wants to stick as it goes down.  Never had problems swallowing pills before-can take a handful at once but not these.  Are the AL the same?  I would hate to purchase them if they are going to do that.  My next venture for them was going to be at a local health food store that is run by old hippies like me except they're still hippies!   LOL!

Esteemed Contributor

We were talking about sausage balls the other day.  The blog Plain Chicken posted her Top 21 Super Bowl snacks and included a recipe for Ham Puffs.  Made similar to the sausage balls but do not use bisquick.   Here is the link to the recipe if interested.  She also has a recipe for the cream cheese sausage balls on her site, too.

www.plainchicken.com/2017/12/ham-puffs-football-friday.html

Honored Contributor

Thanks for that recipe @mustang66lady, I have all of the ingredients so I will give them a try!

I thought of you yesterday as I was watching a bunch of House Hunters and one of them had a very old but in good condition kitchen (think everything mint green).  The guys that bought the house used that counter top and cabinet refinishing kits and the results were spectacular.  I was very, very jealous . . . Smiley Happy

Plus there was also a kitchen almost identical to mine and they kept saying how yucky it was . . . hey I heard that . . . hee!

Honored Contributor

@mustang66lady wrote:

@VaBelle35

I have been taking tumeric that I purchased at SAM's.  Before that I had another brand from somewhere else but can't remember where.  My problem with the tumeric in both cases is the capsule it comes in.  Any moisture at all causes them to be "sticky".   I can't seem to swallow them with out almost choking because it wants to stick as it goes down.  Never had problems swallowing pills before-can take a handful at once but not these.  Are the AL the same?  I would hate to purchase them if they are going to do that.  My next venture for them was going to be at a local health food store that is run by old hippies like me except they're still hippies!   LOL!

No, his have a gelatin capsule.  I just checked mine and they are glossy and smooth.  He has a few supplements, like cholestacare, that he does not use gelatin capsules on and I forget why.  I posted it in Wellness recently but I can't find it right now.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

He has promised that we are getting supplements in powder form soon.  So I hope this is one of them.  this way we can put it in smoothies.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

@VaBelle35

Thanks for your input.  I still have a "healthy amount" of tumeric at present but will remember to give AL tumeric a look/see before deciding to continue on them.  Honestly, I can't really attest that they have had any effect on my health as of yet.  

I take the cholesta care and so far, have had no problems swallowing those.  Same for the fibermucil which I think is a gift from Heaven.   Will never be without those.  DH watched this evening the presentation on the C&VS and we did order those.  Hopefully they will address some issues we both have.  Thanks again for all your input.  

Honored Contributor

If your turmeric pills are hard to take, try opening them and putting it in a little bit of beef or chicken broth or in scrambled eggs.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning K-Team!!!

Happy, happy Marvelous Monday!

Rain here turning to snow later. It's foggy right now. DD has her National Honor Society induction tonight. Luckily it's at the school so it won't be too bad if it turns icy.

What's happening in your world?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning @ChiliPepper, good morning Kitchenettes.  Greetings from rainy, thunderstorming casa mtc! . . . Thunderstorms animated emoticon

NHS, oh Chili fingers and toes crossed that the weather holds until you and CJr are home safe from such a wonderful evening . . . I'd be sobbing through the whole event, please enjoy my friend and congratulations to both of you!  Heart  A+ 1