Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@momtochloe

I did want this too but they were sold out!

:-(

csm_112217_S_54843_HNH_HolidayPillow_Plaid_OOP_overview_1148ff78ac.jpg

Oh @ChiliPepper that's adorable but please remind me, where was this from?  Is that Target?

eta:  Never mind Chili I caught up to you.  Wow, the sale of this pillow starts at my Aldi today, I guess we are a week behind you.  It's adorable, is there any chance they had more in the back?

@momtochloe

Yay, its weird. In N.Y. their ads go Sunday to Saturday.

The same ad for you goes Wednesday to 

Tuesday.

I asked, no more in back. We both know if you want something you gotta be there the first day of the ad. My own fault, I was too busy to stop. Oh well, it's ok.

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@momtochloe

Which new recipe are you refering to?

Did I miss something???

Inquiring/nosey minds want to know!!!

@ChiliPepper this is the recipe I was referring to earlier but now that I think about it I'll post the link as maybe you and DD and maybe @VaBelle35 would be interested as it is for a smaller but hearty meal:

https://damndelicious.net/2017/11/20/sheet-pan-herb-roasted-turkey-and-cranberry-pecan-stuffing/

I am not going to make their stuffing this time as I bought Trader Joe's cornbread stuffing but would try it another time as it looks good.

@momtochloe

Oh, I didn't see your posts about this. I must have missed a page, I better go back.

That looks really good, I'm gonna try that sometime too. Please let me know how it comes out & if there is anything you would change.

I'm doing cheater stuffing too. We don't eat that much so I hate to waste the time. Though by the time I doctor up the box mix to say it's "homemade" I might as well make my own LOL!!!

Thanks for reposting the recipe! 

Honored Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@momtochloe

Which new recipe are you refering to?

Did I miss something???

Inquiring/nosey minds want to know!!!

@ChiliPepper this is the recipe I was referring to earlier but now that I think about it I'll post the link as maybe you and DD and maybe @VaBelle35 would be interested as it is for a smaller but hearty meal:

https://damndelicious.net/2017/11/20/sheet-pan-herb-roasted-turkey-and-cranberry-pecan-stuffing/

I am not going to make their stuffing this time as I bought Trader Joe's cornbread stuffing but would try it another time as it looks good.

@momtochloe

Oh, I didn't see your posts about this. I must have missed a page, I better go back.

That looks really good, I'm gonna try that sometime too. Please let me know how it comes out & if there is anything you would change.

I'm doing cheater stuffing too. We don't eat that much so I hate to waste the time. Though by the time I doctor up the box mix to say it's "homemade" I might as well make my own LOL!!!

Thanks for reposting the recipe! 

@momtochloe

BTW, anytime I use dry cranberries, I pre-soak them in cranberry juice (or what I have handy) to soften & plump them up. They can be pretty dry/chewy.

In this case you could pre-soak them in a little stock or BETTER YET - THE WINE!!!

Honored Contributor

Tee hee @ChiliPepper I'll be shocked if I ever make home made stuffing but you never know . . . any chance they'll let you go home early today?

Honored Contributor

Greetings!

I went into the office for a few hours today, determined to tackle this pile that has grown since I returned from vacation after Labor Day.   I feel better having tackled it and a number of other things that were annoying and needed uninterrupted attention and mental energy to address.

So now I'm home enjoying Hot Bench.  LOL

I got the final 2 families today from the social worker and each family was adopted by one employee, so we are 100% adopted.  Now I am just collecting cash that the social worker will use for last minute items, to help out if a family ends up having their holiday travel plans changed or to use throughout the year for families who come on the base and need assistance.

I picked up my turkey yesterday.  I ordered an organic turkey between 8-10 lbs and I got the smallest one which was 9.5 lbs.  They said the turkeys were running large this year.  As long as it's under 10 lbs it will fit in my roaster perfectly.  These were only $2.99 lb.  I was behind someone at Wegmans on Sunday and the organic turkey was $5.99 lb, so I am pleased that I not only got the size I wanted but at a great price.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

For the late (or early tomorrow) checking in here -- Happy Thanksgiving to my Souper Sisters. 

We're supposed to have warm weather here tomorrow, but from what I've seen on the news some of you are scheduled for storms.  May all be Safe, Warm, and Well-Fed.

@momtochloe  TMFY sends you a very special Turkey Wag!

By the way, that Antlered Pillow reminded me -- my deer-hunting neighbor stopped by yesterday wearing a tee shirt with a leaping deer on the back and the captiion "I Love FAST Food."

Honored Contributor

Thank you @Honeybit I couldn't wait any longer and just pulled the corn souffle out of the oven . . . they need to make a candle with that scent . . . Smiley Happy

I hope you and TMFY have a wonderful Thanksgiving and please know I can see his plume from here . . . Heart

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 what happened to that original male judge?  I liked him and was surprised when I tuned in and he was gone . . . Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

Kitchenettes, if you are decorating this weekend and are looking for some festive programming, Hallmark Movies and Mysteries channel is running a yule log with not only great songs but also have lots of adorable furbabies . . . squeeee!

Esteemed Contributor

Hello Kitchenettes and a very Happy Thanksgiving to all! 

How blessed are we to have each other on this thread?  I am praying each of you have the best Thanksgiving ever!  

DH and I are exhausted.  We have had our grandson for 24 plus hours as he was sick with ear infection and strep throat.  He is much better and went home tonight.  He will be back with us tomorrow for Thanksgiving as will his Mom and several others.  It will be our smallest Thanksgiving in years.  On the menu is turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, broccoli cheese casserole, corn, Paula Deens butternut squash and corn dish, brussels sprouts, hot dinner rolls, bourbon pecan pie, pumpkin pie, apple crisp, cinnamon ice cream, and vanilla ice cream.  One DD has to be at work at 3 tomorrow afternoon.  And I am going to try to figure out how to get food to my brother and sister in law at the nursing home while it is hot.  Will worry about that later.  

Any rate, everyone have a blessed day and be careful if you have to travel.  Am I alone or does nothing smell better than Thanksgiving dinner being cooked in the house?!   Maybe there should be a candle scented like that!