Honored Contributor

We all want to move there!  LOL

My brother showed him the video of the place.  Why my mother never showed it to him, nobody knows.  Her husband has his tablet attached to his hand at all times, so it's not like he couldn't show it to him.

So he feels a little better about the place having seen pictures.  He still thinks it's a nursing home.  My brother went over it all again with him this afternoon.  Everybody is upright, it's not a hospital, etc.  But I think until he gets there, he still isn't grasping it.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Speaking of Spring...

Monday, March 20, 2017 6:29 am

spring-1210194_1280.jpg

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

We all want to move there!  LOL

My brother showed him the video of the place.  Why my mother never showed it to him, nobody knows.  Her husband has his tablet attached to his hand at all times, so it's not like he couldn't show it to him.

So he feels a little better about the place having seen pictures.  He still thinks it's a nursing home.  My brother went over it all again with him this afternoon.  Everybody is upright, it's not a hospital, etc.  But I think until he gets there, he still isn't grasping it.

@VaBelle35

We moved my DM to an assisted living place at one point as well.  She had had a stroke that only affected her right arm and hand; she was able to retain her memory and speech and all other faculties.  She and my DF had toured the very facility that we moved her to and they had decided they could not afford it.  I had decided that she could not afford not to go when we moved her there. She was slowly killing herself trying to take care of an old house, yard, etc. that she could no longer do herself and didn't want to "burden" the family to help her with and didn't want to hire someone else to do.  She looked at it as a nursing home at first.  Then she adapted and came to love it because it gave her peace of mind.  She didn't have to mow grass or worry about shoveling snow (which we never let her do),  She didn't have to worry about security or having meals when the weather was so bad she couldn't get out for groceries.  She could sleep when she wanted and stay up as late as she wanted.  She came to love it but all of us have problems with change, at least I think we all do.  Your uncle is no different.  He will probably adjust better than he realizes now. 

Honored Contributor

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Monday . . . . Smiley Happy

Image result for happy monday

Honored Contributor

@mustang66lady St. Charles is about 25 minutes west of me.  DH will probably be driving right by me on his way home . . . Smiley Happy.  Good thoughts and prayers for his drive home today.

@VaBelle35 that place sounds terrific that your uncle will be going to.  It's so nice to know he will be in a great environment and well taken care of and you don't have to worry about his well being.

We very rarely get weather alerts over cable but have had two in the last 10 minutes and boy they weren't kidding.  We are getting pelted with hail, I can hear it pinging off the roof and gutters and we never get hail . . . news flash, I just looked out the front door and we are most definitely getting pelted . . . I wonder what the weather is like at the condo . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Wow @mustang66lady I am glad your DH is driving home later today and not now as we are getting hammered, the whole house is shaking . . . thank goodness this will all blow out of here in a couple of hours!

Honored Contributor

Good morning Kitchenettes!!!!

Happy, happy first day of Spring my Friends!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Yippee skippee the Sharing Connection came and went and took more furniture than I thought they would but it's done thank goodness . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

No wonder many people don't cook anymore . . . I just microwaved a container of Simply Potatoes mashed potatoes and they are delicious.  Boy if you need potatoes in a hurry (emergency spuds, tee hee!) I highly recommend them . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

No wonder many people don't cook anymore . . . I just microwaved a container of Simply Potatoes mashed potatoes and they are delicious.  Boy if you need potatoes in a hurry (emergency spuds, tee hee!) I highly recommend them . . . Smiley Happy

@momtochloe
These?????
Yowza.........
DD LOVES mashed spuds!!!

download.jpg