Honored Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

@Writer with Flair wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

@Writer with Flair 

Did you email me so I can send you Eddy's address?

I never got a chance to check my emails or anything yesty! 

Respect,

I don't have your email address.  

Please post that you have received this info so I can delete it then!

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

Good morning!

Blessed Sunday!

still working outside trying to correct the horrible lawn that was put in for us when we built. I should say...the lousy lawn we spent a fortune on! Lol it didn't come with the house.

Ruts, huge bald areas, ugliest lawn we have ever had. So to save, we foolishly are doing it ourselves.

Can anyone tell me why we bought 2.6 acres?

My aching back!

My main task today is to find that bottle of Aleve!

@Writer with Flair 

Did you email me so I can send you Eddy's address?

I never got a chance to check my emails or anything yesty! 

Respect,

Sorry you are having to so all that work on your lawn after you paid people to do it.  I guess you will be getting your exercise this spring and summer!

The first house that we bought was on a lot in the country.  The whole development had been a farm at one time.  When we bought the house we did not know that the farmer who had owned the land removed the topsoil and sold it. Can you believe it? 

When we first moved into the house we called it "The Little House on the Prairie."   It took a lot of work to get the yard like it should have been. 

Umm, yes @Writer with Flair 

I can believe that!  Sadly, that's how it is done.  We do it too, adding profit to a job for us.

We strip off and sell all but about 2" of topsoil.  That is the amount most builders will give you when you are building with them.

Then, me, the homeowner go to the topsoil guy and buy more topsoil that could have been on our land to begin with!  We had so many low areas it was ridiculous.  Ducks should not be swimming on your land!  LOL

If the land is high and exceeds codes for drainage, we strip off the 'fill' as well.  Sell it or keep it to use on another job.  Some jobs need fill, so we stockpile it and are able to bid lower to get the project.

Honored Contributor

I'll take TWO hugs....one to keep and one to share!

Thanks @momtochloe  !!

We have had glorious hot weather here.  Broke a record yesty with 91!  I know that isn't what many of you like....I am the hot lover totally in the minority here!  It didn't seem very humid, by hair standards anyways.

By the weekend, we are down to the 60's so I should enjoy it while I can. 

The AC was broke yesty but dang, they fixed it last night.  My boss is buds with the Heating and Cooling guy so quick repairs are done.  I have my jean jacket on in here....brrrrr.  My ankles are cold!  LOL

We finished repairing, soiling and sealing the lawn.  Did 3/4 of the mulch job.  Took yesty off, it was quite warm still when I got home from work and I was too lazy !

I will use my blistered hands as an excuse!  HEE!

Esteemed Contributor

@mustang66lady wrote:

@VaBelle35 

What exciting family news you have!   That's also wonderful that everyone is still healthy too.   The K-Team and their families have been blessed for sure.

And I think it is grand your job has continued not only to make it thru this but even sounds like it has gotten busier.  

I had to chuckle that you have not been to the salon; DH has managed to grow a beard thru all this and we were discussing if his barber would even re-open.  Everyone (males) in the area go to Freds for haircuts.  It's just a little shack and you can find out more gossip around town sitting there for 10 minutes than you can from reading the paper in a month.  But he is not set up for social distancing at all and he is way over the age of retirement so we look for him to call it quits-it will be the end of an era.  My hairdresser sent me a text this morning that she decided to retire (and she is several years younger than me)-this covid stuff has her concerned.  There was a big exposure at a recently re-opened Great Clips in St. Louis and I think that will push many to re-think reopening just yet.  She didn't work for GC but at an upscale salon.    DH and I are both going to look like missing links-that have to wear masks!   Woman Very Happy

Mustang,

We have heard of several businesses where the owners have  decided to call it quits and just go ahead and close up their business and retire.   

I hope you and Mr. Mustang find some good hair places.

@Writer with Flair 

Actually DH and I are just taking the entire thing in stride.  I am atempting to let my hair grow out and fade.  It's long but I have for quite awhile wanted to be free of coloring my hair.  I color it myself although I used to let my friend do it.  I just found working around salon hours and mine do not work well.  She has been very supportive of my home coloring but other than cutting my own bangs when I had them, I relied on her for hair cuts.  DH goes to an extremely small barber shop-2 chairs in a shop that would fit in our master bathroom.   No way to socially distance and I doubt Fred would ever take appointments.  He is an older gentleman and I think he will probably retire.   Meanwhile, DH has grown a beard and mustache that I kind of like and his hair is longer than I have ever seen it but still not what most would consider long.  If worse comes to worse, I know how to shave a head!   Watch out Kojak!   Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Thursday my friends . . . Smiley Happy

HAPPY THURSDAY HOLIDAYS PG ON FB Good Morning Friends 😄 | Meme on ...

Respected Contributor

@momtochloeGood morning mtc and kitchenettes.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

Good morning!

I think it is Thursday...yup!  One more day to go after this!

The gloomy skies have set in...not a good report for the weekend!

We finished the mulch around the pool last night.  There is a small amount left which will go under the Arborvitae bushes we have to 'berm' the back of the property.  Not enough to really cover, it is long, but that's all she wrote for toting those bales this year!

Thankful and humbled by the blessings we receive!  May He grant us all continued good health!

Respected Contributor

@mustang66lady wrote:

Mustang,

We have heard of several businesses where the owners have  decided to call it quits and just go ahead and close up their business and retire.   

I hope you and Mr. Mustang find some good hair places.

@Writer with Flair 

Actually DH and I are just taking the entire thing in stride.  I am atempting to let my hair grow out and fade.  It's long but I have for quite awhile wanted to be free of coloring my hair.  I color it myself although I used to let my friend do it.  I just found working around salon hours and mine do not work well.  She has been very supportive of my home coloring but other than cutting my own bangs when I had them, I relied on her for hair cuts.  DH goes to an extremely small barber shop-2 chairs in a shop that would fit in our master bathroom.   No way to socially distance and I doubt Fred would ever take appointments.  He is an older gentleman and I think he will probably retire.   Meanwhile, DH has grown a beard and mustache that I kind of like and his hair is longer than I have ever seen it but still not what most would consider long.  If worse comes to worse, I know how to shave a head!   Watch out Kojak!   Woman Wink

Who Loves Ya Baby? - Highlands is Calling

Mr. Mustang?  Is that you?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]