Honored Contributor

Hi @ChiliPepper and @VaBelle35, good morning Kitchenettes.

Yes it is a sad day and really makes you appreciate your life and all you have.

@VaBelle35 in case I don't see you think afternoon I hope you have a wonderful time tonight.  Enjoy!

@ChiliPepper I checked retailmenot and they do have some coupons but not sure they would fit but Groupon has one (something about up to 50% off of all backpacks so that could be promising).  I hope you are able to find a good coupon as it would be great if you could get a new backpack for DD!

Esteemed Contributor

Good Friday Morning Kitchenettes

My the news coming from Dallas this morning, just a few days after the 4th!  St. Louis police are on edge this morning although we have no civil unrest here yet.  It's feeling like the '60's again.  What is the saying, Those who fail to learn from the past, are doomed to repeat it again? 

Just wanted to stop for a moment and wish everyone a safe and happy Friday.  I am about to head out the door to run some errands then back here to pack for our trip. 

@momtochloe

Have a wonderful time today my friend!  Good things are coming your way.

@VaBelle35

Hope you have a grand time this evening and The Golfer/Mr. Stang is as good in person as he is at texting and phone calls. 

@ChiliPepper

You are a woman on a mission for that Vera Bradley!  Did you wander over to the handbags forum and see if anyone there is aware of a code for Vera?   Might want to check there before you make your purchase-they may have a current one.   Good luck shopping!

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe

Thanks for looking. Looks like the only way to get a deal on this one is to have a "code".

Honored Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

@mustang66lady wrote:

@ChiliPepper

You are a woman on a mission for that Vera Bradley!  Did you wander over to the handbags forum and see if anyone there is aware of a code for Vera?   Might want to check there before you make your purchase-they may have a current one.   Good luck shopping!

@mustang66lady

Oh, great idea! I didn't think of that. Apparently, there was a "code" that was only good through July 4th. I didn't realize it & missed it. It was close to $ 20.00 off which is huge right now!

Thanks for the idea!

Honored Contributor

This is the one she wants:

14457339-V2.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

@mustang66lady

@momtochloe

Yay, I got it!!!!!

Thanks for your help Ladies!!!

Honored Contributor

@Writer with Flair wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I made this granola tonight.  I used the oven method as I didn't want to babysit a crock pot with this.

http://practical-stewardship.com/2012/07/14/crock-pot-or-not-lower-carb-peanut-butter-granola/

I used Almond Butter and added chia seeds and flax seed.

Dear VaBelle,

Thanks for sharing this lower carb granola recipe.  It was just what the doctor ordered since DH and I have been feeling pretty tired, sluggish, and bloated because of our "Carb Extravaganza" on the Fourth of July (baked potatoes, corn on the cob, baked onions, and mini tarts from La Madeleines with our steaks). 

Thanks for helping us "get back on the wagon." 

This is the first time I've made one that mixed in a nut butter.  Usually they have coconut oil, honey or maple syrup.  It's less sweet this way and quite good.

It makes 11 cups.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Must see TV:

That’s right, I take on @SnoopDogg this Sunday on #100KPyramid! 9pm on ABC.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@momtochloe

Enjoy your coffee visit/lunch with your FTD friend mtc!!!!

Honored Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@mustang66lady

@momtochloe

Yay, I got it!!!!!

Thanks for your help Ladies!!!

@ChiliPepper oh that is excellent!  She is such a good DD and it's great that you are able to get this for her . . . YAY!

I'll be leaving in about a half hour (or maybe earlier as it would be nice to sit in decent air conditioning . . . Smiley Happy).