Honored Contributor

Okay if we're talking about the ProBoards then I will see you all there.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 

I have seen posts about ProBoards

was it easy to sign up?

I am literally a DOPE when it comes to naviagating anything!

Do you have any details?

Q won't let you post a link though....

How do you find where all the Q ppl are?

Honored Contributor

search the community for q forum friends and click on the picture next to it and there should be a way to sign up in there.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

National-Pumpkin-Seed-Day-First-Wednesday-In-October.png

NATIONAL PUMPKIN SEED DAY

The first Wednesday in October offers up the seasonal delight, National Pumpkin Seed Day! As the temperatures cool and the leaves turn, snack on these delicious tidbits.

Many of us have fond memories of roasting these delicious nuggets after carving the Jack o’ lantern. However, we never realized just how good (and good for us) they were. Surprisingly, pumpkin seeds have been valued for their dietary and medicinal properties for thousands of years. In fact, pumpkin seeds have been traced back as far as 7000 BC, according to archeologists excavating a tomb in central Mexico.

Nutritional Powerhouse

Among other civilizations, the Aztecs and Mayans were believed to revere pumpkin seeds as an essential and powerful source of food and nutrition. As it turns out they were on to something – In comparison to other nuts and seeds, Pumpkin Seeds are one of the most nutritious plant-based foods. A quarter-cup serving alone includes an immune-boosting 17% of an adult’s daily allowance of zinc and a robust red blood cell-supporting 15% of the iron needed.

This little seed also has a whopping 8.5 grams of complete plant-based protein in just 1 ounce. Ounce for ounce, that’s 2.5 times more protein than a hard-boiled egg. These flavorful bites have much more to offer including a plentiful helping of minerals with over 40% of the RDI of magnesium, phosphorus, and manganese, essential nutrients that aid in overall body function.

Pumpkin seeds without shells, also known as pepitas, provide an even better standalone snack. Pepitas are especially delicious when dry roasted. Try adding savory seasonings, too. They also make great additions to salads, oatmeal, and even ice cream. Mix them into baked goods for added crunch or to granola and bars for extra protein. Don’t hesitate to elevate a savory dish to a new level by creating a pesto with pumpkin seeds.

Honored Contributor

Huh . . . so my laptop decides to spring back to life just in time for QVC to close the forums I see . . . alrighty then.

Hi guys, I'm BAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCKKKKKK!!!!!!  Not sure what exactly I did different (MS and I have been arguing for months about clearing out memory) and the last time I again followed their directions and got nothin' but they did ask how helpful their guidance was . . . so I told them . . . and within 24 hours they once again sent me the Bat Signal and lo and behold, it seems to have worked.  Not sure if one action triggered the other.  It's just nice to have a keyboard again.

So these Proforums, I need to look them up eh?  Will do so as it sounds like a great alternative.

And I am sure you all don't want to miss a minute of my daily Ninja two drawer air fryer updates . . . Smiley WinkHeart

Honored Contributor

NATIONAL CHOCOLATE COVERED PRETZEL DAY – October 7

NATIONAL CHOCOLATE COVERED PRETZEL DAY

October 7th officially marks the sweet and salty goodness of National Chocolate Covered Pretzel Day. Whether they’re dipped in dark, milk or white chocolate, be sure to celebrate every mouthwatering pretzel bite!

Salty, crunchy pretzels and chocolate are the gold mine of the snack world, and their combination is the epitome of the oh-so-popular sweet and salty flavor craze. Change up the chocolate from white to milk to dark chocolate, and they satisfy even a mild sweet tooth.

History of the Chocolate Covered Pretzel

Many creative stories have been shared to explain how pretzels and chocolate came together. One tale tells of a German baker joining forces with his chocolatier neighbor in the 1500s to dip pretzels. However, this idea is purely imagination.

Dipping into the history of pretzels and chocolate, the story might become a little clearer.

Historians document the story of chocolate quite well. However, anyone dipping pretzels into chocolate back in the 1500s would have had a soggy mess. Why? Because only drinking chocolate existed in those days.

Nearly 300 years later, Casparus van Houten Sr. developed a process to separate the cocoa solids from the butter. Then, in 1828, his creation brought on a candy revolution which led to the development of the most amazing, versatile ingredient we have today: chocolate!

The first commercial hard pretzels, the kind that makes the combination with chocolate so irresistible, came along in 1861. Julius Sturgis opened a bakery in a house built around 1784 in Lititz, Pennsylvania. He used a recipe given to him by an unnamed friend. How long people had been making hard pretzels before then is unknown.

The marriage of two delicious treats, chocolate, and pretzels, came along sometime after that. However, the point is that the celebration starts now!

We celebrate all shapes and sizes of chocolate covered pretzels, too. Beyond the twists, rings, and rods, there are pretzels perfectly decorated with sprinkles and infused with flavors that will put your favorite coffee shop to shame.

Chocolate covered pretzels adorn cakes, bars, and ice cream, too. As unique favors, who wouldn’t want to find an assortment of their favorite sweet and salty snack in a party bag?

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

And I am sure you all don't want to miss a minute of my daily Ninja two drawer air fryer updates . . . Smiley WinkHeart

@momtochloe 

I wanna hear!!!

You are slowly convincing me I NEED one LOL!!!

TSV coming up maybe???

Honored Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@momtochloe 

I wanna hear!!!

TSV coming up maybe???

Hee @ChiliPepper  just made beef, onion and red pepper kabobs.  Perfection!  Again I am so pleased with that silly thing!

And I signed up for those Proboards under momtochloe.  Haven't done anything but at least I got that done.

And I can see my laptop still doesn't play well with QVC as I posted something about those boards and it seems to have disappeared . . . Smiley Surprised

Respected Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@momtochloe 

I wanna hear!!!

TSV coming up maybe???

@momtochloe,@ChiliPepper 

Me too. I want to hear all about it. I just packed up my virgin instant pot for the move and more dusting. LOL... One Day I will do it.