Esteemed Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I don't like cooking in the summer and I've found that the prepared foods section of Wegmans is perfect for me.

I know you don't have Wegmans there, but maybe check the various grocery stores for prepared stuff to see if anything looks good.

@VaBelle35 

yes we are very lucky to have Weg!

When I was caring for my mom, I bought the prepared foods for her meals many times.

I did have to put it in my own container when i took it over though.  She scolded me the first time that I was spending too much money!   LOL  It costs more to buy the ingredients than they are charging.

So as not to upset her...I cheated.  And she RAVED about the yummy meals!

Hee Hee

@RespectLife 

Love this!  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

Isn't that not the cutest pupply ever!  I want one!

This is Norbert....my GF follows him...he has his own website and merch

NORBERT

Google him for some cute puppy love!

@RespectLife 

I had forgotten about Norbert!   I love him!  Thanks for bringing him forward!

Esteemed Contributor

@tiny 2 wrote:

Things are quiet here, nothing much going on.  Wednesday's are my favorite day as the new ads come out and Guys Grocery Games is on all day . . . I really need to get that car fixed don't I? . . . 😬🤦

Hope you all are doing well and feeling good my friends . . . ❤🙏

@momtochloe, Hi, Have they checked the alternator on your car?

It is hot here and I am not good today. I went to the mountain house because the air  conditioner was out and at the beginning of the month this one here went. I needed to meet the HVAC people because this is a dual system and big item to replace.

When I got back I slipped my shoes off because one of my cats is heavy. He sleeps, doesn't eat much but doesn't move either.  I did not want to fall while getting him out of the car. My little Princess Lady cat, queen of the world prissy miss is light as a feather of course.

After I got them in and they relaxed a bit I went back out to remove the cat food and treats necessary bedding etc. from my suv.

I stepped back and tripped on the shoes.(that I left there my fault totally) I had a powerful grip on the suv door trying to stop my fall and hit a steel post when I fell backward and somehow managed to almost remove my left B--b and hit my rib cage hard with the door... SO MUCH PAIN!!!!

I had to go the next day for the IV that had been delayed from last week so they took a look and marveled at the black and blue b--b and it is still so painful. They said to call 911 if I started having breathing problems.  I did not want to go to XRAY since I had just had the IV and wiped my immune system. My internet and phone have been down all day so I could not call anyway. The left side is really painful but somewhat improved today.What a stupid mistake I made!

The good news is that the main control board on the Air/furnace was bad so it cost me a few hundred rather than thousands. YAY!!! I have to go back when they come to put it in. I hope that I will be able to stay longer. The realtor is coming to meet with me next week.

@tiny 2 

I'm so sorry to read this!  Hopefully you are alright and things will heal.  Please be careful! 

Which home are you selling?  I don't seem to remember.  Just take care of yourself, please. 

Honored Contributor

@Writer with Flair 

@momtochloe 

Maybe we were better off when cars were started with a crank in the front!  LOL

Less electronics, less things to break down!

Honored Contributor

@Writer with Flair 

We have been unable to secure an appt. to visit Eddy.  We would book one for the far far future, but we just don't know what we will be doing in October!  The weekend appts are all full through Sept.

I know he is doing okay.....My friend who is his 'guardian' is able to speak directly with his floor nurse and she is authorized to get  medical info on him.

Honored Contributor

Oh gosh @tiny 2 

OWIE!   I am lifting you up in prayer, dear friend!  So much on your plate.

Please, please rest and heal!

(((tiny 2))))

Honored Contributor

@mustang66lady 

I put myself on the 'notify when avail' list for his Children's books.

I know my grandkids would love them!

Honored Contributor

@Writer with Flair wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@Writer with Flair  as for my car, it is lying in state in the parking garage.  No one can seem to figure out why it just dies on me and I literally can't bear the thought of yet another ride of shame in the passenger seat of a tow truck.  I am just grateful it made it into the garage so I don't need to worry about it.  

Things are quiet here, nothing much going on.  Wednesday's are my favorite day as the new ads come out and Guys Grocery Games is on all day . . . I really need to get that car fixed don't I? . . . 😬🤦

momtochloe,

I am so sorry to hear about your car.  We have had a similar problem with one of our vehicles.  Some of the more recent ideas about why it won't start are as follows:

--The dealer needs to reload software to get the most recent updates

--The starter antenna ring may need to be replaced so it can receive signals from the key fob

--The key fob needs to be replaced

When we had a "respected" repair shop look at it for over a week, they returned it to us with a problem with the blower motor which we had replaced two years ago (and should have lasted the rest of the life of the car) and still no solution to our car not starting. They said they could not duplicate the problem.

Right now, the car has decided to start for us, although we cannot use the AC (which is real special considering the recent temperatures in the Lone Star State).  We also had the AC go out in our ancient Volvo sedan.  Considering the mileage we have on that car, we are fortunate that the AC has lasted as long as it has.  Looks like it is going to be a Long, Hot Summer.

paul-newman-long-hot-summer-gif-500 | MATTHEW'S ISLAND

Speaking of long, hot summers  .  .  . remember Paul Newman (back in the day) in "The Long, Hot Summer"?  I first saw that movie in reruns on NBC "Saturday Night at the Movies."

Oh thank you @Writer with Flair  but my car is old and needs a physical key to start it.  I've taken it all over and it seems to be a mystery for the ages and I refuse to take it to the dealership as they are very unpleasant and I am not willing to drive that far or spend that money.  It's ok, there are so many delivery services I am truly lacking for nothing . . . 😉

Honored Contributor

@tiny 2 wrote:

@momtochloe, Hi, Have they checked the alternator on your car?

It is hot here and I am not good today. I went to the mountain house because the air  conditioner was out and at the beginning of the month this one here went. I needed to meet the HVAC people because this is a dual system and big item to replace.

When I got back I slipped my shoes off because one of my cats is heavy. He sleeps, doesn't eat much but doesn't move either.  I did not want to fall while getting him out of the car. My little Princess Lady cat, queen of the world prissy miss is light as a feather of course.

After I got them in and they relaxed a bit I went back out to remove the cat food and treats necessary bedding etc. from my suv.

I stepped back and tripped on the shoes.(that I left there my fault totally) I had a powerful grip on the suv door trying to stop my fall and hit a steel post when I fell backward and somehow managed to almost remove my left B--b and hit my rib cage hard with the door... SO MUCH PAIN!!!!

I had to go the next day for the IV that had been delayed from last week so they took a look and marveled at the black and blue b--b and it is still so painful. They said to call 911 if I started having breathing problems.  I did not want to go to XRAY since I had just had the IV and wiped my immune system. My internet and phone have been down all day so I could not call anyway. The left side is really painful but somewhat improved today.What a stupid mistake I made!

The good news is that the main control board on the Air/furnace was bad so it cost me a few hundred rather than thousands. YAY!!! I have to go back when they come to put it in. I hope that I will be able to stay longer. The realtor is coming to meet with me next week.

@tiny 2  my friend, yikes!  But oh gosh I totally get how that happened, ugh!  How are you feeling now?  That must have been just awful/frightening . . . 😢

But congrats on the quick/cost effective AC repair, thank goodness that broke your way.  And yes the car guys swear up and down the alternator is fine (actually I agree).  There's just something hiding in the electrical that no one can find.  🙄

Things are fine here.  I have been stalking a long handled step stool for over a year and I lucked out when AMZ dropped the price.  I happily waddled down to retrieve it but unfortunately AMZ put it in an unwieldy size box. I finally got it upstairs only to have the footbed part drop directly on the top of my foot . . . sigh.  It's ok but as I watched it come barreling out of the box I was like well this isn't going to go well . . . hee!

Again hope you are feeling better and that everyone has a great start to their weekend . . . ❤

Oh and ps, did that lunatic finally go away?  😡

Respected Contributor

Oh and ps, did that lunatic finally go away? 😡

@momtochloe,

Oh yes Gone!!!! Woman Tongue

@mustang66lady 

@tiny 2 

I'm so sorry to read this!  Hopefully you are alright and things will heal.  Please be careful! 

Which home are you selling?  I don't seem to remember.  Just take care of yourself, please. 

@mustang66lady, I am really sore and it is particularly painful at night.(ribs) I found some shapewear that I thought would help brace the area but it was too painful to put it on. No way!!!

I am going to sell the big house and move to "Little House on the Mountain. I will try to post a photo if I can figure it out. Sometimes I can do it and other times it does not work. I did post a photo of the beautiful view from my deck awhile back. I may buy a condo or something here (family pressure) due to rough weather, bears etc. Actually we did have great tragedy with storm Fred . 14 inches of rain washed homes away and 30 people were missing but now all have been found. There were 6 people found dead.  The last one was just found. All were from the Cruso community in Haywood county. There were landslides also. @Writer with Flair 

@RespectLife, Thank you! How the little one doing with his burns?