Honored Contributor

Happy Monday!

@tiny 2 

I saw you were asking for that yummy Pork Tenderloin rub recipe...thanks!  I copied it too!

@momtochloe  suggested Plainchicken.com and I found this tenderloin recipe.  I have never made pop marinated meat...but this one sounds good as I like Ginger Ale. (you guys may incorrectly call it 'soda' LOL) 

Ingredients:
  • ¾ cup ginger ale
  • cup dijon mustard
  • cup honey
  • 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1 tsp dried rosemary, crushed
  • ½ tsp salt
  • ¼ tsp garlic powder
  • ¼ tsp black pepper
  • 2 (1 to 1½-lb) pork tenderloins, 2 to 3 pounds total weight
Instructions:
    • Whisk together ginger ale, mustard, honey, oil, onion powder, rosemary, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Pour over trimmed pork tenderloins.
    • Refrigerate pork tenderloins in marinade overnight.
  • Remove pork from marinade and grill until desired doneness. Approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
Notes:
Pork is safe to eat when it reaches an internal temperature of 145ºF. 

Pork is safe to eat pink. 

To cook pork without a grill, pan sear the pork tenderloins for 2 minutes on all sides. Place the pork on a rimmed baking sheet. Cook at 400ºF for 10 to 12 minutes, until an instant-read thermometer stuck in the thickest part of the meat reads 145°F.

Honored Contributor

PRAISE REPORT !!!!!!!!!!

Noah had the rest of his bandages and dressings removed!  So thankful!

He still has much healing to do with this new tender skin, but he can now be fully bathed (in the tub) AND go swimming!  Again, SO thankful!

The Children's Hospital will still see him every week to make sure there are no issues.

Thanks for all your prayers!

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

PRAISE REPORT !!!!!!!!!!

Noah had the rest of his bandages and dressings removed!  So thankful!

He still has much healing to do with this new tender skin, but he can now be fully bathed (in the tub) AND go swimming!  Again, SO thankful!

The Children's Hospital will still see him every week to make sure there are no issues.

Thanks for all your prayers!

Such great news!  Glad the little fella finally is able to have a more normal life.

Respected Contributor

Mustang,

I guess I spoke too soon when I mentioned that we had been having a cooler and rainier summer.  The Texas Summer defintely is back!  We have been having temperatures in the high nineties and sometimes over a hundred degrees.  A cool front is supposed to come into the area the first of next week with some rain.  We're looking forward to it.

Respected Contributor

@mustang66lady wrote:

@tiny 2 

You sweet dear!   I have good days and bad days as everyone.  There are some things on the spectrum that have me concerned but will deal with them. 

Now refresh my memory; are you getting ready to move to the mountains as your permanent home?  Or did I miss something somewhere?!   

@mustang66lady, Yes I am packing up and the house looks like a tornado went through here. I am donating a lot. The hundreds of books are finally out and that was a huge job.  There are about 20 spaces not counting 2 pantries and wine cellar, landings.I am slow and my main helper (brother has had to have several surgeries for melanoma and he is not able to do much. I tried to hire an organizer to help with donations  but she ended up being really weird and wanted to move in with me. It is coming along but there is much still left to do.

The mountain house is a rather exciting place with the extreme weather,bears etc. I may end up buying a town home or condo here also. For now I just want to have some time there while I am able.

I hope you are feeling better. I am truly sick of the heat and humidity. My family are enjoying the mountain house right now to get away from the heat.

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife@momtochloe 

Thank you for the recipe. I finally have some ginger-ale. It is the only soft drink I drink but I ran out. I am going to try this today. The Dijon mustard with the gingerale is going to be good. I have another marinade that has Dijon and red wine that I use on beef and lamb leg and it is a favorite. Waving Hi @momtochloe.Heart

animated-thank-you-image-0109

@RespectLife, It is so good to hear that little Noah is doing better.

Honored Contributor

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Sunday to one and all my friends . . . ❤

Well it's a good thing the news told me it's August or I would have missed it, duh.  Gosh @tiny 2 , the woman you hired to help sounds like a nightmare wanting to move in with you!  Who does she think she is, me? 😉😍

Nothing much has changed around here.  I can't say I miss my car all that much well not until my local grocery store stopped delivering alcohol with groceries, those philistines.  Just kidding I am so blessed to have so many home delivery options around here. 🙏

Hope everyone is doing well and feeling good.  The weather bubble has been holding around here (give or take a tornado or two) but we have pretty much escaped the suffocating weather so many have been having.  Even though I have nothing special planned for today, I hope that everyone has a wonderful one and that you are blessed with good health and great weather.  Take care and be well my friends . . . ❤

Honored Contributor

@tiny 2 

I am so sorry to hear that your brother is having surgeries for melanoma.

I will def be praying for him AND you as you pack, donate etc.

It sounds like such a taste....but I am glad you de-weirded yourself.  That is just icky and very disconcerning!

I hope to never move again!  I thought I was getting rid of so much until I had to store it all b4 the house was finished! 

If you make that recipe, let us know how you like it!

I have Ginger Ale all the time, but no pork!  Hee!

Honored Contributor

Good morning!  We might finally get a day w/o rain!

We broke the record for third rainiest July in history!  Blech....all though it did save me from watering the garden!

Honored Contributor

YES!  2 days w/o rain!  Whooo Hooo!

If anyone has too many toms in their garden, Just Bling posted a nice recipe for fresh salsa!