Contributor

Is this similar to David's potsticker soup?

I haven't seen his recipe.

Respected Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

@Ppooh wrote:

Is this similar to David's potsticker soup?

I haven't seen his recipe.

@Ppooh 

This is Davids recipe. I have not made it but I have made the one on this thread and it is delicious.

Pot Sticker Soup

Ingredients
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 2/3 cup shredded carrots
  • 1/2 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
  • 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
  • 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons sliced scallions, divided
  • 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
  • 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 5 cups low-sodium beef broth
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 12 frozen pot stickers

Preparation.

Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat.

Add the carrots, bell pepper, celery, 1/4 cup of scallions, ginger and pepper and sauté for 5 minutes.

Stir in the broth and soy sauce and bring to a boil.

Add the pot stickers, reduce the heat, and simmer for 5-7 minutes, until the pot stickers are heated through.

Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with the remaining scallions.

Esteemed Contributor

@Ppooh 

I am the originator of this thread.  I have not tried David's recipe and I don't think it existed before I posted this recipe, that I picked up from All Recipes.com.  It is a wonderful soup, and if you can, hang on for a few pages into the start of this thread for many ideas on how to make this soup your own.  If you try David's recipe and this one, we would all be interested in your comparison.  

Thanks for posting here and please come back and join in.  

Honored Contributor

@Ppooh 

I love David to pieces...but he actually came up with his recipe YEARS after this thread started!  In fact, the Potsticker vendor used to mention this Potsticker Soup thread and recipe when she was on air....a long time ago when they were in studio.

No matter which version, this has become one of my fav soups!  I now use the mini Potstickers and like it much better.

They is something so calming about Sesame Oil in Chicken Soup!

Welcome!

Join any time and share any recipes you love!  We are a friendly bunch of gals!

Honored Contributor

Oh dear friends...I have returned from the worse vac ever and so glad to be home.

We travelled to a church conf in Cedar Rapids, IA which started out SO good.

Tues. morning my grandson had a terrible accident.  That poor baby fell on a manhole that was over 200+ degrees!  It was unmarked as a danger and right in the walkway.

He was treated at the local hospy and transferred to the burn center at the hospy at the Univ of Iowa.

He has 2nd degree burns on his hands, arms, legs and feet.  The burn center was so wonderful.

To make matters worse, we all came down with a terrbile stomach flu...fever, vomiting, well, you know all that goes with it.

So difficult to make a 12 hr trip back home in that condition.

Nevertheless, we were blessed in so many ways and all healing.  The baby will continue treatment here at the Children's Hospy.

Please keep my little man in your prayers!

Esteemed Contributor

@RespectLife 

Of course we will keep your Grandbaby in our thoughts and prayers!   We know Who is watching over you all.  Happy you are home and safe and on the road to recovery!   Keep us posted!  Heart

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

Oh dear friends...I have returned from the worse vac ever and so glad to be home.

We travelled to a church conf in Cedar Rapids, IA which started out SO good.

Tues. morning my grandson had a terrible accident.  That poor baby fell on a manhole that was over 200+ degrees!  It was unmarked as a danger and right in the walkway.

He was treated at the local hospy and transferred to the burn center at the hospy at the Univ of Iowa.

He has 2nd degree burns on his hands, arms, legs and feet.  The burn center was so wonderful.

To make matters worse, we all came down with a terrbile stomach flu...fever, vomiting, well, you know all that goes with it.

So difficult to make a 12 hr trip back home in that condition.

Nevertheless, we were blessed in so many ways and all healing.  The baby will continue treatment here at the Children's Hospy.

Please keep my little man in your prayers!

Respect,

Prayers continue to go up for you and yours. Be well, dear friend.

Honored Contributor

Good morning!

Blessed Thankful Thursday!

I am so happy to say Noah is doing much better.  The hospy redressed his wounds.  Some are now considered 3rd degree burns.  I never knew they changed ratings.

But overall, he is healing.  They took him off one of the meds which is good.  It is the one he hated and they had to literally hold him down til he was forced to swallow it.

He is taking more and more steps on his feet.  Little trooper!  The Children's Hospital will see him every week until they feel he is completely healed and no further treatment is needed.

Right now, they do not think he will need any surgery or skin grafs.  Graphs?  Anyways, they need to watch the burns on his thigh that are now considered 3rd degree.

Thank you all so much for your prayers!

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

Good morning!

Blessed Thankful Thursday!

I am so happy to say Noah is doing much better.  The hospy redressed his wounds.  Some are now considered 3rd degree burns.  I never knew they changed ratings.

But overall, he is healing.  They took him off one of the meds which is good.  It is the one he hated and they had to literally hold him down til he was forced to swallow it.

He is taking more and more steps on his feet.  Little trooper!  The Children's Hospital will see him every week until they feel he is completely healed and no further treatment is needed.

Right now, they do not think he will need any surgery or skin grafs.  Graphs?  Anyways, they need to watch the burns on his thigh that are now considered 3rd degree.

Thank you all so much for your prayers!

@RespectLife 

I am so sorry. I will keep him in my prayers. This was truly a terrible thing to happen. Do you know if anything has been done to address the lack of warning and safety issues with the manhole cover.

Respected Contributor

@mustang66lady 

It is so great to hear from you. I do hope you will feel better soon. Summer here has been so hot and humid that I am staying inside except for morning and late evenings. I do go out in the heat of the day and turn on a sprinkler for the birds to cool off and replace the water in the bird baths so that it is not scalding.

I am staying busy packing to move and getting rid of lots of things that I do not need. My husband loved photography and there are tons of cameras, lens etc. I am so slow and had hoped to be moved by now but there is still much to do. I have more clothes than I realized and have been donating most of it.

I skipped Christmas in July because I have more than enough decor items and just wasn't in the mood. I have a few new items that I have not used and will make do just fine. There have been a couple of nasty falls that have also slowed me down for a few weeks but I am moving much better now.

There is still so much sadness but keeping busy does help. We have had a couple of women in the area that park their cars/ SUV in front of their house and you just take your bags of food or other donations and put them in the trunk area. When it is full they take it over to the mission to be distributed.

I will keep you in my prayers every day. I hope to see you more here when you are feeling better. Heart