Respected Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

You guys prob heard about the tornado touching down in the Chicago area.  It wasn't too far from @momtochloe 

She is okay and no damage to her building, but she is without power still.  They don't anticipate getting it back til midnight or later.

The damage was extensive very near her!

Thank Him for keeping her safe!

Let's keep her in our prayers!

@RespectLife, Yes, She has really been on my mind and my bonus daughter too. I am hoping to hear. Prayers for both HeartHeartHeart

Honored Contributor

Prayers answered for @momtochloe 

Her power came back on last night.  Doesn't seem to be any loss to her building or to her food in the freezer!

Not so lucky for her next town over, but she is safe!  Prayers for those that had such losses!

Honored Contributor

Good morning!

I picked my first 3 zucchini yesty!

Anyone else growing a garden? 

I added a lot more cukes this year to make pickles.

I used the BJC Fridge Bread and Butter Pickle recipe.  No canning needed!

It was such a hit last year w/ friends and family, they all put requests in.  We are trying a couple different types of cukes.

Respected Contributor

mtc,

I'm so glad to hear that you came through the tornado alive and well.  That sounds like one terrible storm.  It must have been very scary.

It's good that your power came back on.  Be well, dear friend.

Honored Contributor

Oh gosh good morning Kitchenettes!  Yes all is better by me, did lose power again the following night but we had thunderstorms last night and everything held so I think we're good in my little corner of the planet . . . ❤

Out of bad comes good and the power came back on in time to load up on emergency stuff including replacing my broken Kindle but it is wreaking havoc with my passwords.  I got through here after taking an alarming circuitous routes.  Next up is pleading with my laptop to accept my new email password as that's about all it can handle these days.  I also bought a transistor radio which immediately took me back to the 60's but gosh I was horrified when I saw the damage around here so at least with the radio I'll have some clue about what's going on.

Thank you so much for thinking of me and keeping me in your prayers.  I was very lucky as the funnel cloud literally sailed right over my building, it could have been much worse and I am thankful He was watching over me . . . 🙏

Thank you again my friends and thank you @RespectLife  for letting everyone know what was going on.  Be safe everyone! ❤

Honored Contributor

So grateful for your safety @momtochloe 

It is such a good idea to have a disaster plan and supplies!  Us blizzard ppl sure know that....but usually the big ones are VERY predicted.

Tornadoes and Ice storms like @Writer with Flair  had are not!  Being without power is scary! 

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

Oh gosh good morning Kitchenettes!  Yes all is better by me, did lose power again the following night but we had thunderstorms last night and everything held so I think we're good in my little corner of the planet . . . ❤

Out of bad comes good and the power came back on in time to load up on emergency stuff including replacing my broken Kindle but it is wreaking havoc with my passwords.  I got through here after taking an alarming circuitous routes.  Next up is pleading with my laptop to accept my new email password as that's about all it can handle these days.  I also bought a transistor radio which immediately took me back to the 60's but gosh I was horrified when I saw the damage around here so at least with the radio I'll have some clue about what's going on.

Thank you so much for thinking of me and keeping me in your prayers.  I was very lucky as the funnel cloud literally sailed right over my building, it could have been much worse and I am thankful He was watching over me . . . 🙏

Thank you again my friends and thank you @RespectLife  for letting everyone know what was going on.  Be safe everyone! ❤

@momtochloe 

I am so glad you are ok. I love the transitor radio idea. It is much more uptown than one of my gadgets for power outage. It is a radio with a crank that you wind up to hear the weather reports.FM/AM/NOAA Weather Radio Hand Crank Self Powered Solar Emergency Radios with 3 LED Flashlight 1000mAh Power Bank Smart Phone Charger (Red)Woman TongueWoman LOLWoman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@tiny 2 

I have one of those crank radios too, but bought it just for use during storms.  I felt the battery life is longer in these type of radios.  We have not had to use it since I purchased it years ago; guess I should get it out and try it out to be sure it still does work though.

Honored Contributor

Finally!  I couldn't sign in all morning!  Kept throwing me back to the home page.

Hope you are all surviving the crazy weather every where.  We hit record 90's yesty but the wind was so strong!!!  Lots of neighbors stuff was blowing outta pools and flying down the street!

Couple rotted trees down, not in my development, but down the main road.  Totally uprooted!

Honored Contributor

Hi guys, hope you all had a good and safe weekend!  @tiny 2  I do (well actually I did) have one of those NOAA radios but no matter how much I turned the crank it wouldn't work.  It does take a unique battery, I am just trying to track it down and then decide if I want to invest in something that may not work.  Luckily around here we are awash in 24 hour news/talk radio so I should be able to get what I need.  On the other hand, I didn't know there were new tornado warnings until I stumbled upon them on Twitter! . . . 😯

Hope everyone is doing well and feeling good . . . ❤