Respected Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife wrote:

@Writer with Flair 

LOL  Thanks!

We had been in the mid 80s for most of last week...didn't feel too humid to me, but if you ask 'normal' people, yes.

We had a loud and shiny thunderstorm last night and have cooled way down today.

I like hot and 70-72 ain't it.  We will hover around those temps for a few days til @momtochloe sends me something steamier!

Oh, Respect!  How I wish I could send you some of our "unseasonably warm" temperatures (without the air quality alerts that are coming with them). 

Yesterday, power usage hit record highs in Texas with massive power outages all over the state.  Our power went out (albeit, briefly).   If it goes out this early in the summer, I shudder to think what will happen in July-August-September (usually the hottest months here).

We had heard that they got all that power stuff (which caused all those problems in February) straightened out.  Guess not.

Home power generators are flying off the shelves at Lowes and Home Depot.

Originally, we were thinking of staying in Texas to build or buy our next house because of the favorable tax structure, economy, quality of health care, overall crime rates compared to other places, etc.  We defintely are rethinking that.

Docudharma:: What is Your Fav 'Saturday Night Live' Sketch Ever? | Saturday  night live, Bones funny, Best of snl

Honored Contributor

I saw that on the news @Writer with Flair 

The whole west coast is steaming and we will barely hit 70 today!

I have a Barefoot Dreams cardi on, and I am still chilly!

I waiting for some strong winds in the West to blow that on me...but sadly, it would hit @momtochloe  first...and she don't like it!  LOL

I'm thinking I need some hot SOUP for lunch...but I got a salad....

Honored Contributor

Thankful Thursday!

I need to be thankful for the lovely weather we are having.  Even though I have to wear a good sweater, I need to be thankful in all things, right?

Don't want to wear the Crabby Pants!  I think those retired anyways....haven't seen them here in a very long time.

Honored Contributor

Morning everyone!

Well, at least I thinki it is morning...it is so dark out...there must be a whopper coming!

I think we are the only area that isn't steaming!

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@VaBelle35 

Thanks for the info...I always wanted to take that class...but figured I might be dreaming thinking I could make roses etc.

I can barely write my name!

I can make nice rosettes...I have a Wilton decorator tube with lots of nozzles. What ever squirts out is my decoration of the day!  I have no real creative talent in these hands.

I typically never like the frosting on wedding cakes..cuz it does have that kinda 'rim' to it.  The whipped cream one I use has never weeped or failed me yet.

Most wedding cakes use fondant, which is probably the most disgusting thing on the planet.  What people like me do is put a thicker layer of buttercream under it and have people peel off the fondant and then there's some buttercream left to eat.  Usually there is a thin layer of buttercream under professional cakes with fondant.  It's all about how they look.  I'm all about how they taste.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@tiny 2 wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Greetings everyone

Work is busy as we have a lot of new initiatives going on now that all of our Covid processes are running like a well oiled machine.

I'm still working from home.  I've been going in on Mondays for a few weeks for our interns, but will be home most days forever or until I retire or they change the rules.

We probably won't have many on site events anymore because not many people will be on site.  That gives me more time to do actual work.

I went to Marshalls and TJ Maxx for the first time in a year and wasn't impressed with what they had.  Nothing new or exciting but I still managed to buy a few things I didn't need.  Just like old times.

@VaBelle35 

Hi, I'm glad to hear from you.

Will your company continue to keep the office space? I have heard that some places are considering not having an office since work has been productive from home.

@tiny 2   Yes.  We still have people who need to come into the office.  Locally I don't think we have any leases that are coming due any time soon.  My building just signed a 10 year lease, so who knows what things will look like in 10 years.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Happy Belated Birthday @RespectLife 

Did someone say bourbon?

bourbon.png

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

LOL @VaBelle35 

I totally agree about fondant!  Yucko! 

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Happy Belated Birthday @RespectLife 

Did someone say bourbon?

bourbon.png

Thank you @VaBelle35 

That's a good one!  I love it!

Honored Contributor

You guys prob heard about the tornado touching down in the Chicago area.  It wasn't too far from @momtochloe 

She is okay and no damage to her building, but she is without power still.  They don't anticipate getting it back til midnight or later.

The damage was extensive very near her!

Thank Him for keeping her safe!

Let's keep her in our prayers!