Happy Birthday, m-m-m-m-m-m-m-tc!  

(Be sure to click on video below)

Happy Birthday.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgfu30N-zpY

Respected Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

MTC,

Skipping to stay young | Birthday humor, Funny birthday cards, Birthday  wishes funny

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

MTC,

Funny birthday card for her - Old enough to know better | Comedy Card  Company | Funny birthday pictures, Birthday greetings funny, Birthday  quotes funny

Respected Contributor

mtc,

Pin by Teresa L. Clemens on HAPPY BIRTHDAY | Birthday wishes funny,  Birthday quotes funny, Happy birthday funny

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

mtc,

Pin by Cyndy Simons on gUy BiRThDaYs!!!! | Funny birthday cards, Birthday  humor, Birthday wishes funny

Respected Contributor

mtc,

160 Happy birthday funny ideas | happy birthday funny, happy birthday,  birthday humor

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mustang66lady wrote:

@Writer with Flair,

I can't even imagine what you and Mr. Writer are going thru right now.  It's almost too much to bear.  We are praying for you and all of TX.  If there is anything we can do, please let @RespectLife know.  I just don't have a clue how to help out.  She knows my personal email addy and can let me know; if you would like my email, she will share it with you.  It's so frustrating to want to reach out and help and yet not know how.  Stay strong.  We are praying a hedge of protection around you both and all of TX.  And please, ASK if you need ANYTHING that we can supply!

Dear Mustang,

Yes, the past several weeks have been a real adventure.  God was with us at every step.  We are so grateful to have gotten through all this as well as we did.

We couldn't get on the internet for quite a while and even the cell phones were down and/or restricting calls to only emergency ones.

It was so cold that some people with broken pipes in their houses who were trying to turn off their whole house weather at the street were unable to do so because shut-off valve at the street was frozen shut.

How are you, your grandson and your husband doing?  Well, I hope.

Thanks so much for your prayers.  They mean so very much and certainly helped get us though.

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

Does anyone like the flavors of Almond Joy?

I have made these cookies several times now and they are always delish.

I have ajusted the recipe from its original to the easier way I make them.

Almond Joy Cookies

1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened (1 stick)
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed           

1/4 cup granulated sugar **I USE LESS
1 large egg                                                

2 teaspoons coconut extract**I DON'T USE
3 to 4 teaspoons almond
extract              

1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon cornstarch                              

1/2 teaspoon baking soda
pinch salt, optional and to taste               

1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
1 cup slivered almonds                             

1 cup semi-sweet MINI chocolate chips

To the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or large mixing bowl and electric mixer) combine the butter, sugars, egg, extracts, and beat on medium-high speed until creamed and well combined, about 4 minutes.

Stop, scrape down sides of the bowl,  add the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, salt, and beat on low speed until just combined, about 1 min. 

Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and I ADD BY HAND NOW the  coconut, almonds, chocolate chips.

Cover with plasticwrap, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, up to 5 days. Do not bake with unchilled dough because cookies will bake thinner, flatter, and be more prone to spreading.

Preheat oven to 350F

Using a cookie scoop, or your hands, form equal-sized mounds of cold dough balls and place on cookie sheet using parchment paper.

Be sure to keep dough cold between baking so they don't spread and flatten.

Bake for about 10 to 11 minutes (I baked for just under 11 minutes), or until edges have set and tops are just set, even if slightly undercooked, pale, and glossy in the center; don’t overbake.

Coconut is prone to burning and undersides of cookies can easily become too dark so watch them closely. Cookies will be pale and look un-done, but firm up as they cool.

Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for about 10 minutes before serving. 

Cookies will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 6 months. Alternatively, unbaked cookie dough can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 4 months, so consider baking only as many cookies as desired and save the remaining dough to be baked in the future when desired.

Respect,

Those cookies sound really good.  When things are truly back to normal and I get all my energy back,  I may try adapting the recipe to make it a low carb version.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

mtc,

How is the car situation?  We had problems with both of our cars.  Like you, one of ours wouldn't start. 

We also are having to replace the tires on the second one. We tried having one of those mobile outfits that come to your house to install them on site.  We scheduled an appointment, but they never showed up or bothered to call us.  We called and left a request for them to contact us, which they never did.  Several days later, they just showed up at the house wanting to install them "at their convenience."

After not hearing from them, we already had called Sam's Club since they were the only other people in our area who could get them.  (They are an unusual size for a 1990's Volvo.)  Hopefully, the tires will be in late this week or early next week.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

tiny 2,

Were you ever able to get your Covid Vaccine?  What happened with your infusion?

I hope that you are feeling well and that your car is working consistenly.

What a winter this has turned out to be for all of us!  Thanks so much for your prayers and concern.