Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Souper Sunday my friends . . .  just getting warmed up for my Sunday activities . . . . Smiley Happy

Best Kind Of Sundays Cat GIF - BestKindOfSundays Cat LazySundays GIFs

LOLLOLLOLLOL!!!

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@tiny 2 wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

@Writer with Flair 

I make a Wild Rice Stuffing that only uses broth as well. For Thanksgiving, it does have sausage in it, but I could eliminate it to serve with the fish. It has dried cherries in it which would be good.

Thanks for the idea.

@RespectLife, I use your stuffing for cornish hens, duck and once with a pheasant dinner.

@tiny 2 

Did it come out good?  I don't think I have ever had cornish hens and I know I haven't had pheasant or duck!

My dad got a Brittany Spaniel after years of beagles to go Pheasant hunting.  Patches was great at pointing....at butterflies, trees, bugs.....everything but birds.  All pheasant lived and my dad retired from hunting!  LOL

I love a wild rice stuffing with just about anything.  So diff from traditional crouton/bread stuffing.

How are you feeling, dear friend?

Any better today??

Praying you will be back to yourself soon!!!

@RespectLife @mustang66lady @momtochloe No duck, Cornish hens,Woman SurprisedWoman Surprised you are not missing to much on the pheasant, LOL. Duck and Cornish hens are delicious.

I actually ended up with a super nasty kidney stone that felt like it would kill me. It finally passed last night. TMI I know!. It is hard to imagine that such a little thing can cause such a big pain.

I wanted to catch you up on my brothers. The one that had the fall from the bike has continued to lose lots of weight and had a super high WBC. He was sent to the cancer  center to be evaluated for leukemia and other blood disorders. Fortunately they did not find any sort of blood cancer type illness. Now they are continuing to search.

The other brother had a trip out west planned and then found out that he had a return of melanoma. His first was in 2015 and it was removed from his shin. This showed up on his foot and they wanted to do the surgery the next day (said it could not wait). The trip was canceled but he is still planning going toward the end of October. He did have a lot of tissue removed so they had to do skin grafts. He is doing great recovering.

I am so exhausted from that stone that I am being lazy. I have been visiting with a black snake that lives in the second drainage hole at the bottom of a retaining wall. He drops down and peeks out during chilly days when the sun is on the wall. Today the sun was out longer and he actually left and cruised around in the sun. I wonder if he would like some chicken? I don't want him hunting for my chipmunks. LOL.

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

Gosh those stories are so funny about pressure cookers and our moms.  I used to get that "gotta get me one of those" gleams in my eye when QVC would feature one until I glanced over at my mom and quickly realized . . . yup, nope . . . Smiley Embarassed

@Writer with Flair  I semi-made that fish/stuffing recipe yesterday and it was delicious!  Since I hadn't had fish in a very long time, I was kind of worried that the fish would ruin what I know to be very yummy stuffing so I made them separate but next time I am going to prepare it your way.  Again, never thought to be those two together but they sure are yummy! . . . Smiley Very Happy

mtc,

So glad the fish and dressing thing worked out for you.  We really like it.  I figure if turkeys get in short supply around Thanksgiving, I can always do the fish with dressing thing.

I find that Sea Bass over the dressing made the best version.  It is a very oily fish and has a wonderful, mild flavor.

Also, you don't have to put the stuffing just under the fish.  You can make your dresssing and spread it out all over your pan.  You could drizzle a little olive oil over the top of the part that is not under the fish.  I actually like my dressing thinner and crispier, so that works well for me.

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@Writer with Flair wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

Okee my Fishy Loving Friends....this sounds really good to me!  There is nothing I like more than lemon garlic on anything!

@vabreeze   I was thinking of you! 

And @tiny 2   @momtochloe   @Writer with Flair 

I am going to make it w/ my Sea Bass tomorrow...another shipment is coming today and DH is going to have a spaz!  LOL

https://carlsbadcravings.com/mahi-mahi-recipe/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Fe...

Respect,

Num-Num!  What time is dinner?

@Writer with Flair 

Tomorrow around 4 pm.  that should give you plenty of time to travel up North...but You and Mr. Writer will need a parka.  I am freezing!  LOL

Respect,

Thanks for the heads-up about the weather.  I'll probably pass at this time this time since I have not unpacked all my winter clothing yet.

I did happen to see an "Artic Coyote Fur Snowsuit Jumpsuit" for sale on ebay for $15,995.00 (or best offer).  Perhaps you and Mr. Respect could use it.  We are supposed to have a mild winter where we live this year so I just don't think we would get our money's worth out of it.  

Picture 1 of 6

Respected Contributor

@mustang66lady wrote:

1940's spaceman.png

@Writer with Flair 

Stars and garters @Writer with Flair !  If this picture isn't worth a 1000 words, I don't know one that is!   I did not make a big deal of that exploding thing with DD although I did mention it.  She venture fearlessly into the IP world and is hooked!   Good for her.  I'm safe with my crock pot.   

Mustang,     

One definitely would be prepared for any UPCS (Unanticipated Pressure Cooker Situation) wearing such an outfit.  I think a lot more people would have bought Instant Pots if the company that manufactured them had offered an "Instant Pot Ultimate Protective Costume" as a free accessory to all new IP purchasers for a limited time if they acted right then.

Respected Contributor

@mustang66lady wrote:

Am I the only one struggling with the fact it is October already?!   How crazy can this be?   I feel like I have lost a year but certainly doesn't seem to have to start with it being October! 

I want to pass on something I received but do not want to post a link as I'm concerned it will get poofed.   Krispy Kreme donuts are have a special starting Oct. 10 on Halloween donuts for a 1.00 a dozen!  These are so cute and I don't even like donuts.  Wanted to pass this on in case you or someone you know might want to take advantage of this special deal.  This deal is valid only on Saturdays starting on the 10th for the month of October.  Here is a photo of the donuts!

Krispy Kreme Halloween donuts

Mustang,

Thise are the cutest doughnuts I 've ever seen. What a great idea! 

Respected Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I'm glad the weather has cooled off.  Allergies are still a problem for me right now, but at least it's comfortable to go outside.

VaBelle,

I have had terrible allergies for all my life and found out about a natural product (NaturalCare "SinuFix")  that gets me feeling better within 20 minutes to an hour of taking it.  You might want to ask your doctor if he or she thinks you could take it.

The instructions say to take two capsules, but I ususally just take one.  They also make a nasal spray, but I don't use it because it makes the inside of my nose sting.

Respected Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

Good morning K-Team!!!

Happy, Happy Shivery Sunday. Cooled down, rain on & off this week but none today so far. I’d like to get outside and do some cleaning up.

Been working a ton of hours - work, go home, sleep. I need to get back here on a regular basis.

Lets see, laundry & living room to start.

What are you all up to today?

Chili Pepper, Chili Pepper.gif

Welcome Back Clipart | Welcome home quotes, Welcome quotes, Welcome back to  work

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

I made the fish w/ Lemon Garlic sauce...(link from Carlsbad I posted last week)

I highly recommend the sauce!  I served it over pan grilled sea bass.

Her recipe listed a dry rub for the fish which I didn't think was necessary at all.

Once you put the Lemon Garlic sauce on, THAT is what you taste.  I thought her choices of spices were not compatible w/ Lemon/garlic.  S&P would be just fine.

I also used only 1 cup of broth (recipe called for 1.25)

It was the PERFECT consistency IMHO.  Another quarter cup woulda been too runny for me.

I would def make this sauce for any protein!  Chix esp!!!

Respectlife,

Thanks for the tips.

Respected Contributor

@tiny 2 wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

@tiny 2 wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

@Writer with Flair 

I make a Wild Rice Stuffing that only uses broth as well. For Thanksgiving, it does have sausage in it, but I could eliminate it to serve with the fish. It has dried cherries in it which would be good.

Thanks for the idea.

@RespectLife, I use your stuffing for cornish hens, duck and once with a pheasant dinner.

@tiny 2 

Did it come out good?  I don't think I have ever had cornish hens and I know I haven't had pheasant or duck!

My dad got a Brittany Spaniel after years of beagles to go Pheasant hunting.  Patches was great at pointing....at butterflies, trees, bugs.....everything but birds.  All pheasant lived and my dad retired from hunting!  LOL

I love a wild rice stuffing with just about anything.  So diff from traditional crouton/bread stuffing.

How are you feeling, dear friend?

Any better today??

Praying you will be back to yourself soon!!!

@RespectLife @mustang66lady @momtochloe No duck, Cornish hens,Woman SurprisedWoman Surprised you are not missing to much on the pheasant, LOL. Duck and Cornish hens are delicious.

I actually ended up with a super nasty kidney stone that felt like it would kill me. It finally passed last night. TMI I know!. It is hard to imagine that such a little thing can cause such a big pain.

I wanted to catch you up on my brothers. The one that had the fall from the bike has continued to lose lots of weight and had a super high WBC. He was sent to the cancer  center to be evaluated for leukemia and other blood disorders. Fortunately they did not find any sort of blood cancer type illness. Now they are continuing to search.

The other brother had a trip out west planned and then found out that he had a return of melanoma. His first was in 2015 and it was removed from his shin. This showed up on his foot and they wanted to do the surgery the next day (said it could not wait). The trip was canceled but he is still planning going toward the end of October. He did have a lot of tissue removed so they had to do skin grafts. He is doing great recovering.

I am so exhausted from that stone that I am being lazy. I have been visiting with a black snake that lives in the second drainage hole at the bottom of a retaining wall. He drops down and peeks out during chilly days when the sun is on the wall. Today the sun was out longer and he actually left and cruised around in the sun. I wonder if he would like some chicken? I don't want him hunting for my chipmunks. LOL.

tiny 2,

You and your certainly have been through it lately!  I  will continue to lift up you and your brothers in prayer.

I am glad that you were able to pass the kidney stone.  Don't feel guilty about feeling lazy.  You deserve some downtime.  You deserve a break today. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fp3co77MQw