Honored Contributor

Oh @novamc1 

What a tragedy. Prayers for the fsmily and all of you who knew him.

That Craig's list can be horrible!

Glad you are healthy though!

Respected Contributor

@novamc1, It has been a horrible situation. He probably thought that meeting in a public place during daylight hours would be safe. They met over at Cameron Village @ K&W. Andy liked to buy and repair vehicles,drive them awhile then sell them. The Range Rover was found and the guy that had stolen it. This is such a tragedy.

Respected Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife wrote:

@tiny 2 wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

Yeah for Friday and a bouncing puppy!

Good gravy it is so cold out in the morning!  Seat warmer is ON!

@tiny 2   and others in the storms path....

how are you all doing???

@RespectLife   Doing Great ! We have had a lot of rain and it is still very gray out but it has stopped now with only the occasional misting.

that is great to hear @tiny 2 !!

Have you sold the house?  Moved to the mountain house?

Where ya at, girl?!!!

@RespectLife I'm still here. I had hoped to move before winter because it is rough up high at that house but I am not able to do it alone and due to the virus and my immune situation, it is slow going. I have manage to get hundreds of books out and other things but there is much more to do.

Respected Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

@mustang66lady 

Thanks for asking, but we're doing fine in most respects.  Just am knee-deep for a long time now in what I have to call "taking care of business" associated with meeting with home repair people, dentists and eye doctors, a few routine minor hospital procedures (had 2  required pre-hospital Covid tests and tested fine each time, thank goodness) and other banking and estate planning stuff.

So much for a peaceful retirement!

Also got heartbreaking news from younger son about a good friend and former housemate in Raleigh, NC,  who  recently  disappeared after meeting a stranger (a former convicted felon) to sell a car thru craigslist. 

The car was found in Danville, VA, about a week ago and the suspected thief was arrested and charged with other  crimes, but now that the  body has  been discovered  in  Virginia he is charged with murder.

This has been major ongoing media and internet news in Raleigh NC area.

My husband met the young man a couple of times and thought he was really a good guy.  According to news reports, he had many friends who miss him  terribly and participated in a frantic search for him after reported missing.

My son has lost several friends in recent years through tragic events, and this new loss has NOT improved his mood.

Dear Novamc,

I was so sorry to hear about the death of your son's friend.  I had see something about it on the national news feed on my cell phone.  How tragic! 

I am praying for your son and the other friends of this young man and his family.

Respected Contributor

Maybe this will lighten things up a bit.  Needless to say, my DH thought it was hilarious, which you will understand after reading it.  

A man and his wife went on vacation to Jerusalem. While they were there the wife tragically passed away. The undertaker told the husband: “You can have her shipped home for $5,000, or you can bury her here, in the Holy Land, for $150.”

The man thought about it and told him he would just have her shipped home. The undertaker asked: “Why would you spend $5,000 to ship your wife home, when it would be wonderful to be buried here and you would spend only $150?”

The man replied: “Long ago a man died here, was buried here, and three days later he rose from the dead. I just can’t take that chance.”

Honored Contributor

Good morning Kitchenettes, what's that I smell?  Ah yes, it is Monday . . . Smiley Happy

Monday morning GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

Honored Contributor

@tiny 2 wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

@tiny 2 wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

Yeah for Friday and a bouncing puppy!

Good gravy it is so cold out in the morning!  Seat warmer is ON!

@tiny 2   and others in the storms path....

how are you all doing???

@RespectLife   Doing Great ! We have had a lot of rain and it is still very gray out but it has stopped now with only the occasional misting.

that is great to hear @tiny 2 !!

Have you sold the house?  Moved to the mountain house?

Where ya at, girl?!!!

@RespectLife I'm still here. I had hoped to move before winter because it is rough up high at that house but I am not able to do it alone and due to the virus and my immune situation, it is slow going. I have manage to get hundreds of books out and other things but there is much more to do.

@tiny 2 

You have such a sweet, patient way!  Day by day, right?

'Strength for each trial and each task.  What more my Father could I ask.

Just as I need it, day by day....Strength for my weakness, this I pray'

I remember our last move, vividly!  There is always so much to do!  Take your time, I know it is slow going, but you are so wise to listen to the circumstances and your health!!!!

Honored Contributor

Oh @novamc1 

LOLOLOLOL!!!!

Honored Contributor

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Tuesday my friends . . . Smiley Happy

This pretty much sums up my energy level today:

Cat Mood GIF - Cat Mood NotMovingToday - Discover & Share GIFs in 2020 | Cat  gif, Cats, Lazy cat

Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

Maybe this will lighten things up a bit.  Needless to say, my DH thought it was hilarious, which you will understand after reading it.  

A man and his wife went on vacation to Jerusalem. While they were there the wife tragically passed away. The undertaker told the husband: “You can have her shipped home for $5,000, or you can bury her here, in the Holy Land, for $150.”

The man thought about it and told him he would just have her shipped home. The undertaker asked: “Why would you spend $5,000 to ship your wife home, when it would be wonderful to be buried here and you would spend only $150?”

The man replied: “Long ago a man died here, was buried here, and three days later he rose from the dead. I just can’t take that chance.”

Heh @novamc1 , thank you for my first snort of the day albeit into my coffee . . . hee!  Smiley Very Happy