Respected Contributor
@momtochloe wrote:

@Writer with Flair  I think swim caps were popular back then because hair was so high maintence and you had at least a fighting chance of punching up your bouffant after a quick dip in the water . . . Smiley Very Happy

You don't just wake up with this kind of hair perfection my friends:

I remember hair like this. | Bouffant hair, Big hair, Vintage hair ...

Sparkle Ribbon Shower Caps bouffant shower cap Shower cap | Etsy

mtc,

Loved those pictures!  Wonder if that lady in the first picture has any hair left after teasing it so much to make it be that high?

I can remember hearing a couple of Urban Myths many, many years ago that supposedly originated in the 1960's when Big Teased Hair was at its zenith. 

Supposedly, a woman went to her beautician once every month or so to have her hair washed, rolled on rollers, dried under a hair dryer, teased, styled, and heavily coated with hair spray (to make the style last).  Apparently, the woman never washed or brushed her hair in between salon visits. 

There are two endings to this story:

1) The woman scratched her head and her entire hairstyle fell off her head all in one piece--like a wig.  Roaches had eaten the hairs off at her scalp where it was the oiliest.

2)  Due to illness, the woman had to delay her visit to the beauty salon for several months.  When she finally did get back to the salon, her beautician began to wash her hair in the sink.  The beautician let out a shreik  of surprise when a mouse quickly exited from the woman's hair; it had been happily living there for several months.

There is a saying that I heard a couple of years ago regarding highly teased hair:  "The Taller the Hair the Closer to God."

Taller Hair Closer to God.png

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@momtochloe 

No problemo then...I have a single ring with your name on it!

Not as fancy as the one you posted, but I can work on an upgrade to one w/ more style!

Dare I suggest a Pink Flamingo Inner Tube?  Once again, I am conflicted.

Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

I love ya @mustang66lady  but there isn't enough alcohol on the planet to get me into that thing! . . . Smiley Surprised

6 Person inflatable Giant pink Flamingo Boat Pool Float Swimming Island Summer Raft Air Mattresses Life Buoy beach party

Yikes is that thing ocean voyage certified????

@momtochloe 

But we will be together and maybe we can get a cabana boy!

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

@momtochloe 

No problemo then...I have a single ring with your name on it!

Not as fancy as the one you posted, but I can work on an upgrade to one w/ more style!

Hee no @RespectLife  nothing fancy for me but I would take a real life margarita if you have one handy!  Smiley Very Happy

Dare I suggest Pink Flamingo Margarita Glasses?  Once again, I am conflicted.

Golden Hill Studio Hand Painted Margarita Glasses S/2 - Pink Flamingo Collection - Hand Painted Glassware by USA Artists - Unique and Decorative Margarita Glasses, Kitchen Table Décor, Tropical Party

Esteemed Contributor

@Writer with Flair 

I would buy those glasses in a heart beat!  I love sticking pink flamingos around the pool and in surprise areas as DH thinks they are so tacky.  He finally gave in this spring when he bought a shirt from Duluth Trading that is dark green with pink flamingos all over it!

Respected Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

I've got to stop this once and for all. 

Does anyone know of a

Twelve Step Support Group

for People Who Talk too Much

about Pink Flamingos? 

Pink Flamingos Annoymous?  

I think I need help.

Pink Flamingo Border.png

Respected Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Good morning Team

Today is HVAC install day.  Yesterday was rip out day.

Luckily the humidity is low and the house was pretty comfortable until about 10 pm

In a few hours I will be able to hang meat in here.

The hotel in town has a pool that they are opening, so they have a deal for $125 for a room, breakfast and unlimited pool time.  I can see families doing that since none of the pools in our area are open right now.  Lots of fear of liability with no case law to know how these things will play out in the courts.

I am really missing the gym pool this summer.

VaBelle,

Once your HVAC is installed and the interior temperature has cooled down considerably, you might consider hanging one of the following signs in your front window:

Once upon a time, signs like this were prominently displayed ...Retro Air Conditioned Metal Sign 14 x 14 Inches | Air conditioner ...Halcyon Days: Life Before Air Conditioning

Air conditioned please come in Sticker quality 7 year water & fade ...   Movie-going in the Hurricane Zone — Cinemas as the Air-Conditioned ...   Pin by Heaven or Las Vegas on Vintage Air Conditioning | Neon ...

Respected Contributor

Chili,

Hope you are doing well.   We miss hearing from you.  

The Axarquia Garden Club: Tomato, pepper and chilli plants to get ...

Honored Contributor

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy TGIF my friends!

Grumpy Cat Happy Friday Meme - Grumpy Cat

Honored Contributor

Yeah @VaBelle35 

I bet you will be happy once that is finally all settled!

We are going to be in the low 70's next week they said.

BOO on that!