Honored Contributor

Oh gosh @tiny 2  thanks for the laugh, I really needed it . . . Smiley LOL

That kitteh must just be an absolute riot (albeit a smart one bogarting the a/c vent like that)!  Bless you for being so good to her . . . Heart

Respected Contributor

tiny 2,

I made the Emeril Version of the Country Captain recipe that you sent me.  It was FABULOUS!  Mr. Writer and I both loved it.

I browned the chicken (used chicken breasts cut into pieces and arrowroot instead of flour) in a frying pan and made the sauce in my Instant Pot.  Once the chicken was browned, I put it into the IP with the sauce and cooked it on the Meat/Stew setting.  As my father used to say after eating my mother's famous fried chicken, it was "tender as a mother's love."

I usually add more spices than recipes suggest, so I added a bit more curry powder.  I was out of thyme so I used Simply Organics All-Pupose Seasoning (it has thyme in it).  I substituted coconut sugar for the brown sugar and added more of that as well.  The chicken and sauce mixture was wonderful over brown rice and topped with slivered almonds.  I made 1/3 of a recipe.

Thanks so much for sharing this recipe.  It was The Bomb.

TRIPLE CHOCOLATE BOMB | NO BAKE | MY LITTLE CAKES - YouTube

Triple Chocolate No-Bake Bomb Cake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNrGh6jipuY 

I haven't made this recipe, but it looks interesting.  I will have to work on the recipe to adjust the fat and sugar--if that is possible.

Respected Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

@mustang66lady wrote:

@Writer with Flair wrote:

And, there always is Dr. Fauci or Brad Pitt dressed up as Dr. Fauci.

Brad Pitt transforms into Dr Anthony Fauci for SNL just like the ...

@momtochloe 

Ohhhh, I'm a Tom Selleck girl!  Those shorts and cut out tshirt he wore on his jog in Three Men and a Baby just before he discovers the baby at the door...... ehhh, what baby?!   Oh yea, that one.......

Mustang,

I remember a tee shirt you could get that said something like, "If found, please return to Tom Selleck."

@Writer with Flair 

Wonder how in the world I missed that fashion statement?!

love you Tom Selleck

mustang,

Goodness!  I almost had to turn up the air conditioning!  I love my husband, but oh, you Tom Selleck, in that picture!

Apparently, they still make this tee shirt:

If I’m lost please return Me to Tom Selleck shirt - If I’m lost please return Me to Tom Selleck shirt

https://getsy6.com/product/if-i-m-lost-please-return-me-to-tom-selleck-shirt-jM5TJ?utm_source=mercha... 

Honored Contributor

Well now I am excited to try that recipe as soon as I get some chicken!  I think I had everything else! 

We were supposed to get storms today but the skies cleared.  Very humid and very hot.

@tiny 2   Ugh, that has to be awful to have the power go out in this heat!  Kinda like when ours goes out in a blizzard!  At least our fireplace has a battery backup!

We have a small generator we could use, not that I know how to hook it up and run it! 

DH would want the AC to run and I would want the fridge and freezers to run!  I'd rather sweat/freeze than lose my food!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

tiny 2,

I hope that you are able to get some more rest after your infusion and that your power comes back on soon.

It looks like your area may be getting quite a bit of rain.  Maybe that will cool things off.

Doesn't that picture look refreshing?  Wish I had that view from my back yard.

Beautiful Natural Rainbows (HD1080p) - YouTube

Honored Contributor

@Writer with Flair 

Beautiful!  That's what I picture heaven will look like!

Thank you so much for telling me how to freeze my zoodled zucc!  It worked out great.

My family was here last weekend and I was making a large dinner of the sea bass on the zoodle zucc.  It was such a timesaver to grab the frozen packs outta the freezer, than to stand there zoodling w/ company!

I'm going to be doing that a lot! 

Tell me one more time how long you zap it?  Thanks again!

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@Writer with Flair 

Beautiful!  That's what I picture heaven will look like!

Thank you so much for telling me how to freeze my zoodled zucc!  It worked out great.

My family was here last weekend and I was making a large dinner of the sea bass on the zoodle zucc.  It was such a timesaver to grab the frozen packs outta the freezer, than to stand there zoodling w/ company!

I'm going to be doing that a lot! 

Tell me one more time how long you zap it?  Thanks again!

Respect,

Regarding your question about how long to microwave zoodles--I microwave mine for 20 to 30 seconds.  You don't want to cook them until they are mushy.  What you are trying to achieve is to get as much water out of them as possible while still maintaining their firmness.  In this case, less (time in the microwave) is more, I think.  

After microwaving them, it is very important that you absorb as much of the remaining water as possible.  After I take the zoodles out of the microwave, I pour off the water and then place the zoodles on top of a clean kitchen towel or several layers of paper towels.  (You can use tongs or a fork to do this.)  Then, put another towel or layers of paper towels on top and gently role them into a tube to absorb water on both sides. Finally, (using the tongs or fork), I carefully place them into a ziplock freezer bag.

I use 1 quart freezer bags because I have two, plastic-coated wire freezer baskets that came with my freezer in which the freezer bags fit perfectly.  The key is to flatten the freezer bags after filling them and put them on a flat plastic plate or whatever to freeze them.  Once they are frozen, they fit perfectly into the freezer baskets.  They are very compact.  It's like having a food "Filing Cabinet."  I do the same thing with soups, sauces, meats, chicken, chopped veggies, etc. 

NOTE:  I have also found that pre-packaged shredded cheese fits perfectly in these baskets.  I alternate tops and bottoms of the pre-packaged cheese bags to better use this space. Shredded cheese freezes beautifully, by the way.  I just put it in my refrigerator cheese drawer to defrost.

Honored Contributor

Thanks @Writer with Flair 

I have a food shrink wrapper and it worked really good!  I have also had good luck w/ freezer bags and using a straw to suck out the air!  LOL

I can't remember how long I did it, might have been longer than 30 secs, but it worked great!

I did use paper towels before freezing.

While there was some water in the defrosting process, it sauteed right out when I cooked them.

It was not a soggy, slop mess like when I have frozen grated zucc to bake with. 

I used the thicker zoodle slice attachment.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife wrote:

Thanks @Writer with Flair 

I have a food shrink wrapper and it worked really good!  I have also had good luck w/ freezer bags and using a straw to suck out the air!  LOL

I can't remember how long I did it, might have been longer than 30 secs, but it worked great!

I did use paper towels before freezing.

While there was some water in the defrosting process, it sauteed right out when I cooked them.

It was not a soggy, slop mess like when I have frozen grated zucc to bake with. 

I used the thicker zoodle slice attachment.

Respectlife,

It would make sense that you would need to microwave the zoodles longer if you were processing a lot of them (like you had to do when making your sea bass for a crowd).

That little bit of microwaving (to get some water out) and then blotting really works for me.  I'm glad that you found it to be helpful as well.

I try to keep ingredients already prepared ahead of time in the freezer.  I have always had chopped onions (red and yellow or white), and red or green peppers in ziplock bags in the freezer.  Over time, I also started freezing two-serving size containers of pasta, sauces, soups, meat, fish, meatballs, veggies, fruit, etc. for quick meal preparation with little clean up.

Honored Contributor

@Writer with Flair 

My bowl was filled pretty good with zoodles so if I zapped longer, it was okay.  What I should have done was PAY attention to remember how many secs/mins I did it!  It worked!

I ran outta shrink wrap bags for my machine, hopefully Amazon gets them here soon in case a bunch of zucc come ready.

Otherwise, grated and into muffins they go!   Muffins freeze really well.   I finally have some freezer room since I used a big ham and turkey breast when my family was here.

I usually buy Wegmans Organic Chopped onions to grab when in a hurry but they have been MIA since Covid started!  That and frozen chopped spinach!  Werid, eh?

I usually have fresh onions always on hand, but sometimes, I would grab the frozen if I only wanted a little in my dish.