Honored Contributor

@tiny 2 

DH always used Roundup but due to the problems, he tried a bunch of homemade recipes he found online.

He found a winner and used it all last year with great success!

It only had 3 ingredients

Epson Salts  2 cups

White Vinegar 1 gallon 

Blue Dawn Dish soap  1/4 cup

He mixes it in a  sprayer container from Lowes. Sprays it right on the weeds and you can actually watch them die.

Not harmful to grass or pets.

You'd have to play with the recipe to get a smaller batch.  Who's good with math? Lol

He swears by it and I have seen it work too!

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@tiny 2 

DH always used Roundup but due to the problems, he tried a bunch of homemade recipes he found online.

He found a winner and used it all last year with great success!

It only had 3 ingredients

Epson Salts  2 cups

White Vinegar 1 gallon 

Blue Dawn Dish soap  1/4 cup

He mixes it in a  sprayer container from Lowes. Sprays it right on the weeds and you can actually watch them die.

Not harmful to grass or pets.

You'd have to play with the recipe to get a smaller batch.  Who's good with math? Lol

He swears by it and I have seen it work too!

Thank you I am going to try that.Heart I have little things popping up on my brick patio everyday with all this rain.

Honored Contributor

Blessed Sunday everyone!

The temps sure have taken a nose dive, but not back in the spring parka at least! That's awesome! Crazy how we can drop 30 degrees!

Had heavy rains on and off yesty, and didn't get our baby blueberry bushes planted yet.

Hoping for today.

Has anyone ever grown them?

They seem to be  okay up north here cuz there are plenty of places you can go pick, so we thought we'd give them a try. Won't see fruit this year at all but suppose to next year.

Honored Contributor

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy, safe and blessed Sunday to one and all my friends . . . Heart

2-lovely-sunday-morning-quotes

Honored Contributor

Good morning

We are set to have a beautiful sunny day in the mid 70s today.

I will go out for my weekly food run.

We had a protest in my suburb last night, about 5 miles away.  It seemed to start out peaceful but when the sun set, it got violent.  Cars and trash bins set on fire and lots of store window broken.

Reading Twitter it seems there is another one closer to me on Monday night.

I have to go into the office tomorrow but only for a few hours, I usually leave before noon.

Things started opening back up on Friday but I haven't gone out yet.  I figured everyone would get it out of their system on Friday and Saturday and clear out for me today Smiley Very Happy

My salons are opening and they are calling to schedule appointments.  I am sticking with my late June appointments for now, but may cancel if the numbers continue to increase here.

Othere than that, just busy with work and enjoying working from home.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

No sitting outside for us here.

We did finally cool down but it came with rain yesty and today both, truly gloomy!

I am so thankful we were able to get most of our yard work done!

@mustang66lady 

I hope your DH has success with that weed killer recipe!  It has worked for us!

@RespectLife 

Both of us already think we are seeing things start to wilt so hopefully it is working!

Esteemed Contributor

@RespectLife 

Those storms cooled us off but the temps are starting to climb.  We have had the windows open but tonight we closed them in our bedroom and will turn on the room a.c.   It will be cool enough in the rest of the house until mid morning tomorrow then will have to close up and turn on the a.c.  It is going to get really hot and humid here this week.  

@VaBelle35 

Lot's of things opened here in some kind of modified way this weekend.  It has been nuts!  People seem to think this virus thing is over and have chucked precaution to the wayside.  That with all the rioting I will not be a bit surprised if we see an uptake in the virus counts.  

Honored Contributor

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Monday my friends . . . Smiley Happy

45 Monday Morning Quotes for Nurses—Get Energized and Inspired ...

Honored Contributor

LOL!

Yeah, Monday....you better look out!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

1. @momtochloe wrote:

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Monday my friends . . . Smiley Happy

45 Monday Morning Quotes for Nurses—Get Energized and Inspired ...

@momtochloe ,

Good morning!  Just a reminder that today is June 1st.  Your creation of a June Recipe forum would be greatly appreciated.  You are greatly appreciated for this service!Heart