Esteemed Contributor

@Writer with Flair 

I'm so glad you have enjoyed Aunt Ruthie and Sugarpie Farmhouse.   I signed up for her blog; she only sends out a few posts a year so I am always excited to grab a glass of ice tea and sit down to read what she is sharing.  

And thank you for your comments about my brother.  If the residents have not been out of the facility and no one is allowed in to visit them, the only exposure they have is the staff.  So if no one is sick, I don't see why the residents can't gather at a socially distanced area so they don't feel so isolated.  These courtyards are huge; half the residents to gather on one side and the other half on the other side once or twice a day.  I think they could assign the residents certain times to come to the dining hall to eat so that social distancing could be maintained.   They could re-open the movie theater there and cordone off seats so that social distancing could be maintained there.  The seats are all leather recliners so should be easy to wipe down after each show ends.  Instead, the residents remain in their apartments, food is brought to them.  The staff come in and out several times a day to help with anything needed, distribute medicines, and to clean.  That is the only connection he gets with people.  I think it is cruel when efforts can be made (and I realize it is more work but it is kind of their job too) that would allow some sort of socialization while the residents cannot be with their family and friends during all this mess.   So far, the facility my brother is at, and the one a few of our church family live at that have continued the residents to have socialization, have no cases of covid.  There is just too much going on with the entire situation I just don't understand.  SMH.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

@VaBelle35 

What exciting family news you have!   That's also wonderful that everyone is still healthy too.   The K-Team and their families have been blessed for sure.

And I think it is grand your job has continued not only to make it thru this but even sounds like it has gotten busier.  

I had to chuckle that you have not been to the salon; DH has managed to grow a beard thru all this and we were discussing if his barber would even re-open.  Everyone (males) in the area go to Freds for haircuts.  It's just a little shack and you can find out more gossip around town sitting there for 10 minutes than you can from reading the paper in a month.  But he is not set up for social distancing at all and he is way over the age of retirement so we look for him to call it quits-it will be the end of an era.  My hairdresser sent me a text this morning that she decided to retire (and she is several years younger than me)-this covid stuff has her concerned.  There was a big exposure at a recently re-opened Great Clips in St. Louis and I think that will push many to re-think reopening just yet.  She didn't work for GC but at an upscale salon.    DH and I are both going to look like missing links-that have to wear masks!   Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Tuesday my friends . . . Smiley Happy

ChloePolkaDot on (With images) | Tuesday quotes funny, Tuesday ...

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife wrote:

@Writer with Flair 

Did you email me so I can send you Eddy's address?

I never got a chance to check my emails or anything yesty! 

Respect,

I don't have your email address.  

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

Good morning!

Blessed Sunday!

still working outside trying to correct the horrible lawn that was put in for us when we built. I should say...the lousy lawn we spent a fortune on! Lol it didn't come with the house.

Ruts, huge bald areas, ugliest lawn we have ever had. So to save, we foolishly are doing it ourselves.

Can anyone tell me why we bought 2.6 acres?

My aching back!

My main task today is to find that bottle of Aleve!

@Writer with Flair 

Did you email me so I can send you Eddy's address?

I never got a chance to check my emails or anything yesty! 

Respect,

Sorry you are having to so all that work on your lawn after you paid people to do it.  I guess you will be getting your exercise this spring and summer!

The first house that we bought was on a lot in the country.  The whole development had been a farm at one time.  When we bought the house we did not know that the farmer who had owned the land removed the topsoil and sold it. Can you believe it? 

When we first moved into the house we called it "The Little House on the Prairie."   It took a lot of work to get the yard like it should have been. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Hi Everyone

I hope everyone is relaxing this holiday weekend.  Luckily the weather isn't too great here, so no one is missing the annual pool opening too much.

Northern Virginia is not open yet, which is fine by me as I'm saving tons of money and enjoying being home alone and not having to interact with people ;o)

I am still working from home and will be for the foreseeable future and am just as busy.  What should have been a quiet week last week was nothing but.  This week will be a 3 day week for us because we are off on Monday and Friday so it will be crazy trying to pack 5 days worth of work into 3.

I have gone in 3 times so far and will go in again on Tuesday to help with our new hires and to work on pulling files for a business sale.  I'm hoping to finish on Tuesday and not have to go back in again any time soon.  I saw a few work friends in the office.  It was nice to see them.  We're all running in periodically to process mail and things like that.

In family news, my niece is expecting a baby in November (and I suspect there will be a lot of babies later this year!), so that's exciting.  My nephew's baby is supposed to be christened next month but I don't see that happening as a family event.  As it is, she no longer fits in the christening outfit at 7 months.  I don't know if Virginia or Long Island will be fully opened by then and whether they can have a church service and a celebration in a venue.  I don't know if I want to travel by car and stay in a hotel yet, although it would be nice to go to the beach.  I'm leaning toward no right now.  I'm not even ready to go to a salon yet.

With so many people struggling on so many different fronts, my family is very blessed right now with only good news all around and making the most of the situation.

VaBelle,

Congratulations on the wonderful news!  I know you are looking forward to the time when you will be able to get together with all your family and the newest additions to the clan.

It was good to hear that your company is doing well and still hiring.  So many places are having downturns (and even closings) because of the virus.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mustang66lady wrote:

@Writer with Flair 

I'm so glad you have enjoyed Aunt Ruthie and Sugarpie Farmhouse.   I signed up for her blog; she only sends out a few posts a year so I am always excited to grab a glass of ice tea and sit down to read what she is sharing.  

And thank you for your comments about my brother.  If the residents have not been out of the facility and no one is allowed in to visit them, the only exposure they have is the staff.  So if no one is sick, I don't see why the residents can't gather at a socially distanced area so they don't feel so isolated.  These courtyards are huge; half the residents to gather on one side and the other half on the other side once or twice a day.  I think they could assign the residents certain times to come to the dining hall to eat so that social distancing could be maintained.   They could re-open the movie theater there and cordone off seats so that social distancing could be maintained there.  The seats are all leather recliners so should be easy to wipe down after each show ends.  Instead, the residents remain in their apartments, food is brought to them.  The staff come in and out several times a day to help with anything needed, distribute medicines, and to clean.  That is the only connection he gets with people.  I think it is cruel when efforts can be made (and I realize it is more work but it is kind of their job too) that would allow some sort of socialization while the residents cannot be with their family and friends during all this mess.   So far, the facility my brother is at, and the one a few of our church family live at that have continued the residents to have socialization, have no cases of covid.  There is just too much going on with the entire situation I just don't understand.  SMH.

Mustang,

It sounds like your brother has a really nice facility.  Wow!  They have their own movie theater! 

I agree with you, it is too bad that The Powers That Be aren't utilizing the facility any better.  I am sure that their residents would certainly appreciate being able to get together.

I really liked your idea about having people go to meals at different times.  I'm sure that additional human contact would mean so much to those folks.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mustang66lady wrote:

@VaBelle35 

What exciting family news you have!   That's also wonderful that everyone is still healthy too.   The K-Team and their families have been blessed for sure.

And I think it is grand your job has continued not only to make it thru this but even sounds like it has gotten busier.  

I had to chuckle that you have not been to the salon; DH has managed to grow a beard thru all this and we were discussing if his barber would even re-open.  Everyone (males) in the area go to Freds for haircuts.  It's just a little shack and you can find out more gossip around town sitting there for 10 minutes than you can from reading the paper in a month.  But he is not set up for social distancing at all and he is way over the age of retirement so we look for him to call it quits-it will be the end of an era.  My hairdresser sent me a text this morning that she decided to retire (and she is several years younger than me)-this covid stuff has her concerned.  There was a big exposure at a recently re-opened Great Clips in St. Louis and I think that will push many to re-think reopening just yet.  She didn't work for GC but at an upscale salon.    DH and I are both going to look like missing links-that have to wear masks!   Woman Very Happy

Mustang,

We have heard of several businesses where the owners have  decided to call it quits and just go ahead and close up their business and retire.   

I hope you and Mr. Mustang find some good hair places.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mtc, Chili, Tiny 2, and Novamc,

I hope that you all are doing well and that you had a pleasant holiday. 

There was sort of a damper on things here because of the virus and the rainy weather. 

With all the rain we have been having lately, it has been about ten degrees cooler than average--which has been nice.  We usually have quite warm summers here so we are always glad to have weather that is a little cooler before the truly hot weather hits us.

Honored Contributor

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Wednesday my friends . . . Smiley Happy

Pin on Day by day