Honored Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

Well goodness @RespectLife  I don't know as the rate it was clipping last night you should have received the first band by now so maybe it broke up?  It's down to a fine drizzle/mist now but I'm still not venturing out to Aldi today!

eta:  these wax warmers are coming up next week and that hobnail one has my name all over it:

Huntington Home Vintage-Style Bulb Candle Wax Warmer View 1

Huntington Home Vintage-Style Bulb Candle Wax Warmer View 3

Huntington Home Vintage-Style Bulb Candle Wax Warmer View 5

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

Well goodness @RespectLife  I don't know as the rate it was clipping last night you should have received the first band by now so maybe it broke up?  It's down to a fine drizzle/mist now but I'm still not venturing out to Aldi today!

eta:  these wax warmers are coming up next week and that hobnail one has my name all over it:

Huntington Home Vintage-Style Bulb Candle Wax Warmer View 1

Huntington Home Vintage-Style Bulb Candle Wax Warmer View 3

Huntington Home Vintage-Style Bulb Candle Wax Warmer View 5

@momtochloe That is very pretty.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ChiliPepper wrote:

Good morning K-Team!

Happy, happy Terrific Tuesday!

It’s actually sort of sunny, cool but nice here. We always call it “sweatshirt weather”. 

I keep jumping from thing to thing - task to task, I can't seem to stay focused on any one thing for very long. Anyone else having that issue?

Dear Chili,

As my friend from New Hyde Park, NY would say:  "Forgettaboutit, Doll!  It's all good."   

There has been a plethora (can't remember the last time I got to use that word) of things to hit everybody all at once.  People deal with stuff  differently.  It is not unusual to find your focus being pulled in different directions.  There is a barrage of information that changes from hour to hour.  We see so many things that we feel like we could (or should) do and much of it is new.  IT IS OKAY TO FEEL FRAZZLED AND OVERWHELMED.  We are all trying to find our New Normal for a lot of things.  Be patient with yourself.  It will take a little time.

Fortunately, we have our Kitchenette/K-Team Friends in our lives.  Some people will need to step away a bit and others will need to be more frequent posters.  It's all good.   

If I know anything for sure, I do believe that the Quick Potsticker Soup Family will be there for each other and will support each other.  We will get through this together.  To paraphrase the Three Musketeers, "One for all and all for one.  Sticking together is a lot more fun."

The Three Musketeers

We got your back, Chili.

Your friend, 

Writer with Flair

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tiny 2 wrote:

@ChiliPepper wrote:

Good morning K-Team!

It’s actually sort of sunny, cool but nice here. We always call it “sweatshirt weather”. 

I keep jumping from thing to thing - task to task, I can't seem to stay focused on any one thing for very long. Anyone else having that issue?

@ChiliPepper YES!!!!!

@ChiliPepper @mustang66lady @RespectLife @momtochloe @Writer with Flair @VaBelle35 

You all must go read MacDuffs post in among friends "Finally Some Conclusive Lockdown Instructions. Just Do It.

Dear tiny 2,

Thank you, thank you, thank you for suggesting  that post!  It was an absolute hoot!   I sent the link out to a bunch of people.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVs5AyjzwRM#action=share  

Respected Contributor

@Writer with Flair wrote:

@tiny 2 wrote:

@ChiliPepper wrote:

Good morning K-Team!

@ChiliPepper YES!!!!!

@ChiliPepper @mustang66lady @RespectLife @momtochloe @Writer with Flair @VaBelle35 

You all must go read MacDuffs post in among friends "Finally Some Conclusive Lockdown Instructions. Just Do It.

Dear tiny 2,

Thank you, thank you, thank you for suggesting  that post!  It was an absolute hoot!   I sent the link out to a bunch of people.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVs5AyjzwRM#action=share  

@Writer with Flair That gal has the makings of a great comedian. I do not know how she kept such a straight face. I loved the ending about clearing up the confusion Woman LOL I could not send. How did you do it?

Respected Contributor

I  found this recipe for cabbage rolls from Jenny Can Cook.  I haven't made them yet but plan to do so soon.

Cabbage Rolls

My dad was the family cook so I learned to make Polish cabbage rolls (golabki) growing up. We always used Uncle Ben's converted rice in the stuffing but the mushrooms are optional. Serve them plain or browned in a little olive oil with a dollop of sour cream on the side. - Jenny Jones

Prep Time: 1 hour

Cook Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes

Total Time: 2 hours, 30 minutes

Makes: 16 to 24

Cabbage Rolls

Ingredients:

• 1 large head of cabbage (about 3 lbs.) – or use 2 smaller heads
  • 1 Tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 cup diced onion
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 large mushrooms, finely diced - 1 1/2 cups (optional)
  • 1 pound ground sirloin
  • 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice (brown or white)
  • 1/4 cup chopped parsley
  • 1 cup Pomi strained tomatoes or canned tomato puree
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • pepper to taste
  • 3/4 cup liquid (beef stock, cabbage water, or combine with some leftover tomato for 3/4 cup)

Instructions:

1. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cut center core out of cabbage and place, core side down, in boiling water. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
  2. While cabbage simmers, heat oil in pan over med-high heat and sauté onion and garlic 3-5 minutes until browned. Add mushrooms and cook another 2 minutes. Transfer mixture to a large bowl to cool.
  3. Remove cabbage to a rimmed baking sheet, keeping water in the pot. Gently remove leaves from cabbage, cutting away from the core with a small knife. Set aside the best 16 unbroken leaves and cut off the thick spine in the center for easier rolling. Set all remaining broken or small cabbage leaves aside. (If the core is too firm, return it to boiling water for a few minutes to soften)
  4. Preheat oven to 350° F.
  5. To cooled onion mixture, add meat, rice, parsley, tomato, salt & pepper. Combine well.
  6. Place about 1/4 cup of filling in each leaf, roll, and place seam side down in a 13 by 9-inch pan. Pour liquid over rolls and lay some leftover leaves on top. Cover pan tightly with foil, and bake for 1 1/2 hours. (Place pan on a cookie sheet in case it drips)
  7. Remove from oven and let rest 30 minutes or better still, refrigerate overnight. (They freeze well.)

How to Serve: The next day they are really good when browned in a little oil or butter and served with a side of sour cream. Click here..

To Cook on Stove Top - Use a heavy Dutch oven or your heaviest pan. If you have leftover cabbage leaves, place them on the bottom of the pan first to prevent burning. Use the same recipe, cover the pan and bring to a boil. Then reduce heat and simmer for about an hour. It takes less time because you bring it to a boil much faster on the stove top. Uncover occasionally to make sure they are cooking and to see if more liquid is needed.

Respected Contributor

@tiny 2 wrote:

@Writer with Flair wrote:

@tiny 2 wrote:

@ChiliPepper wrote:

Good morning K-Team!

@ChiliPepper YES!!!!!

Dear tiny 2,

@Writer with Flair That gal has the makings of a great comedian. I do not know how she kept such a straight face. I loved the ending about clearing up the confusion Woman LOL I could not send. How did you do it?

Dear tiny 2,

I clicked on the link in MacDuff's post.  The funny youtube video came up.  I copied that link at the top of the page into an email and sent out the email.

Hope that helps.

Writer with Flair

Esteemed Contributor

Hello K-Team!

Hope this finds you all safe and healthy as well as those you love.  We had terrible storms here last noc but tonight, only rain.  We are to recover big time tomorrow though.  

Nothing new to report but I do have a question.  I caved to another product of the Beekman's for their waterless shampoo for dogs.  Has anyone had experience with this product?   I have purchased such items before in local stores and honestly, I preferred the dog smell over how they smelled after the waterless shampoo.  I'm hoping this works well between groomer visits.  I have their dryer balls which I love and I also have their wipes which I have not used enough of to have a real opinion yet.  They are just wipes-not sanitizing so will probably resort to those when we run out of the sanitizing wipes (which won't be long).

@tiny 2 

I was wondering-did you ever find potatoes?   I don't remember if you told us or not!  I was at the store today and we have always had potatoes (fresh) of some sort thru out all this and remembered I don't recall reading if you finally had some to make their way to your area.  

@Writer with Flair 

Did you and Mr. Writer have bad storms last evening?  I saw that most of the storm at one point went from Tulsa thru mid Michigan but I know your part of the world has some nasty storms just about as often if not more than us.  Hope you both are safe and dry.

Has anyone noticed @Honeybit posting anywhere lately?  Hope she is healthy, safe and keeping good company with TMFY.   

Respected Contributor

@mustang66lady wrote:

@Writer with Flair 

Did you and Mr. Writer have bad storms last evening?  I saw that most of the storm at one point went from Tulsa thru mid Michigan but I know your part of the world has some nasty storms just about as often if not more than us.  Hope you both are safe and dry.

Mustang,

Yes, we did have some pretty bad storms for about forty minutes last night.  There were very high straightline winds and lots of lightning strikes in the area.  Three houses within a few miles of us were struck by lightning and caught fire.  What a terrible thing to have happen in the midst of all this virus stuff!  My heart goes out to those people.

We are fortunate that the storms moved as quickly as they did through our area.  It could have been a lot worse.

I have wondered about HoneyBit, as well.  I hope she is doing okay.  It looks like there will be some bad storms out her way today and this evening.

I pray that everyone is safe.  I'm keeping you and yours in my prayers, dear friend.

Honored Contributor

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Thursday my friends . . . Heart