Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

Good morning @ChiliPepper , happy Souper Sunday to you too!  I am having an eggroll for breakfast because I needed the freezer bag for some hotdogs I opened a couple of days ago . . . hee!

mtc,

What a great idea!  An eggroll for breakfast!  It's got egg and maybe a little pork in it, right?  That sounds like a great breakfast treat.  My husband likes to dip them in a mixture of chinese mustard and duck sauce (or apricot jam).

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@Writer with Flair wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Friday my friends . . . Smiley Happy

mtc,

I loved that picture with the quote!  It reminded me of something I learned when I was going through a study on the Feasts of Israel.  The Feast of Sukkot (Succoth), or booths (shelters), was to commemorate the Children of Israel's trusting in God during their time in the wilderness.  When they built their booths/shelters, they were to use branches to make the ceilings.  By not having a solid ceiling, the branches with the leaves on them allowed them to look up and see the sky when they were in their booths (which was a lot of the time during this feast).  That way, they never would forget Who it was that was taking care of them and on Whom they could always rely.

Oh goodness @Writer with Flair , this is beautiful!  Thank you for sharing this with all of us as it's so important right now!  Heart

Thanks to you, mtc, for sharing that great picture and quote with us.  It really got me and a lot of others thinking.  You are such a blessing to all of us.  Like Respect said, I would not know what day of the week it was without your wonderful reminders.

Respected Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

Chili,

Today German cuisine was on the menu for lunch.  I cooked the following in a pot on top of the stove: Oscar Mayer Selects Natural Uncured Turkey Sausage, Classen's Sauerkraut, carrots, small new potatoes cut in half, a little chicken broth, and some leftover Penzey's Bavarian Spice.  

image.png

I also fixedSemmel-Knodel (bread dumplings) with some brown gravy with the entree.   DH loves those German carbs!

Applesauce with a sprinkle of cinnamon was dessert.  

Dr. Knoll 6 Bread dumplings 7oz - Old World European Market

Respected Contributor

Dear tiny 2,

I hope that you are getting rested and feeling better after your infusion.  

I saw this photo and thought it looked restful.  I hope you enjoy it.

Ferns in forest.png

Esteemed Contributor

@Writer with Flair 

Yes there is a certain way you learn to live when the chance of a tornado invading your area is great on a regular basis.  

Our Grandson is facing some huge problems thanks to his father.  I'm not sure we can overcome them.  He has the child worried he (the father) is going to die before they get to see each other again.  With our Grandson's learning disabilities, he has lost vision that anyone can die before you see them again.  It has caused more grief than I ever thought possible or that any parent would put their child thru.  He father does have a congenital heart problem that he has had since birth.  It never bothered him enough to not smoke or to quit, to eat better, to exercise and not to drink to excess more nights than not.  Now all of a sudden things have changed-after he decided he didn't need to give any financial support for our grandson's care and DD decided it was time to take him to court.  Sorry, I'm a tad jaded.   

Honored Contributor

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Monday my friends . . . Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

@Writer with Flair wrote:

Dear tiny 2,

I hope that you are getting rested and feeling better after your infusion.  

I saw this photo and thought it looked restful.  I hope you enjoy it.

Ferns in forest.png

Thank you @Writer with Flair  That photo is beautiful. You know me well!!! I did ok with the infusion but had to deal with a kidney stone a few days ago. Renal colic is so incredibly awful and this is the first time I have had to deal with it alone. After about 12 hours I decided virus or not I have to get to the hospital. I was  sweating so much from all the pain and retching that I decided I simply had to take a shower before calling. I got in the warm shower and all of it stopped. Anyway it has not passed yet so if it is stuck I will have to  go through it again or they will go after it. I had to do that a few years ago and the evening before the procedure I had the renal colic again all night. Ugh. If they had scheduled it the day before I could have avoided that.Woman Mad

Honored Contributor

@tiny 2 

Oh you poor woman!  I have literally felt that pain!  I used to get a lot of stones til someone finally discovered a birth defect, had corrective surgery.  Thankfully, I haven't had one in years now.  I swear it was worse than labor!

I had several times been unable to pass it and had that procedure where the big machine whacks the dickens outta you and bursts the stones to miniscule pieces.  Sometimes it worked, sometimes not.

My heart and prayers are with you!

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@tiny 2 

Oh you poor woman!  I have literally felt that pain!  I used to get a lot of stones til someone finally discovered a birth defect, had corrective surgery.  Thankfully, I haven't had one in years now.  I swear it was worse than labor!

I had several times been unable to pass it and had that procedure where the big machine whacks the dickens outta you and bursts the stones to miniscule pieces.  Sometimes it worked, sometimes not.

My heart and prayers are with you!

@RespectLife,Lithotripsy. It is rough. My MD. decided not to do that with me. They went in with a laser while I was asleep and did it that way then put a stint in that I had to remove a few days later. It has been awhile since the last one. I had hoped they were all gone. No such luck. That explains the other problem I was having. It always preceeds the stone. Forgot!

Honored Contributor

@tiny 2 

@RespectLife 

OMG, I feel so bad for both of you, I can almost feel the pain.

Hugs & prayers for you T-2 that your stone will dissolve or pass.

(((((T-2)))))