Honored Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

Good morning K-Team!!!

Happy, happy Terrific Tuesday!!!

HAPPY FAT TUESDAY!!!

High 30s & 40s here today & raining! In February - in New York!!!

Who woulda thunk LOL!!!

Oh gosh @ChiliPepper 

You are right, it is!  No wonder I was hearing ads all over for those donuts ppl eat around this time!

I have the same weather as you,...but hang on..Sat & Sun back in the 20's with slop is what they are predicting!

Not quite ready to peep out the toesies!

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

Hee @ChiliPepper  and Kitchenettes, happy Fat Tuesday.  First round of paczki's is on me!

YES @momtochloe    @ChiliPepper 

THOSE!  I knew they started with a P !!

Respected Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:
Mardi Gras – February 25

It’s Mardi Gras time, arguably one the best celebrations in the world. It stretches from Twelfth Night (the last night of Christmas) all the way until Ash Wednesday.

Mardi Gras is French for “Fat Tuesday” to reflect the practice of eating rich, fatty foods before the ritual fasting of the Lenten season.

It’s also a time to bring out those colorful beads and masks and party! This celebration goes on in many parts of the world in various forms.

So get out there and join the Mardi Gras celebrations on February 25, and party with the world!

Chili,

I am all for any occasion where I can wear a bit of bling--sequins, beads, costume jewelry, etc.   Sass and flash--that's me.

Fashion, Sequin, Eloquii Pantsuit.png 

Honored Contributor

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Somewhat Snowy Wednesday my friends . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Oh, no . . . the newest salvo in the fried chicken wars . . . yikes.

Honored Contributor

Oh goodness this good boi . . . not everyone can be a service dog but I bet he would make the best emotional support doggo . . . Heart

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=service+dog+fails+every+test+video&docid=13816502963626&mid=238...

Honored Contributor

Okay, far be it from me to be the Food Police, but that is just SO bad for you!  LOL

I'm not sure I would like my krispy chix together  w/ a sweet Krispy Kreme donut!

Talk about a FAT TUESDAY treat!

Respected Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

@momtochloe wrote:

Oh, no . . . the newest salvo in the fried chicken wars . . . yikes.

I'm not a big fan of glazed donuts, but that chicken surely looks good.  I know some southern restaurants serve fried chicken and walffles with maple syrup.  Also, there was a restaurant on the Blue Ridge Parkway (part of the National Parks Service)  which served North Carolina Hickory Smoked BBQ between and on top of cornmeal pancakes and served them with a side of maple syrup.  DH and I had some of those on our honeymoon,  They were really delicious.  They hit all the flavor spots:  sweet, savory, salty, and tart and hot (if you also used some of the Carolina Vinegar BBQ Sauce).  They actually were delicious.

Regarding glazed donuts, we had a friend who (in his thinner days) absolutely LOVED Krispy Kreme Glazed Donuts.  Back then, you could actually watch the donuts being made.  Once a week, he would buy a dozen of them as they were getting ready to come of the assembly line and request that the employees leave off the glaze.  He then would proceed to eat the entire dozen while they were hot.  Eventually, he gained a whole lot of weight and became diabetic.

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife 

@Writer with Flair 

SNORT, no, just no glazed donuts with fried chicken.  NO.  Waffles, yes.  Cornbread waffles, even better.  Glazed donuts . . . NO!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Writer with Flair 

When they had donut stores, and that light would go on.....you'd hear cars screetching into the lot!  When ours opened, they had police for traffic control for about 6 mos.

Luckily, they went outta business.  Now all we could find around here is Krispy Kreme in a box in a gas station mart!

NOT the same thing!  Not wasting the calories on an old boxed donut.

Erie, PA still has a brick & mortar...2.5 hours for a fresh, hot, donut...well, I could be tempted!

There was nothing better than a hot one!

Growing up, we had Freddy's Donuts in downtown Buffalo.  Exact same as a KKreme.

We used to sell them for fundraisers for church, Girl Scouts, Cheerleading...you name it!

My mom's car would smell unbearably good for months!