Esteemed Contributor

@Writer with Flair wrote:

Mustang, did you end up having any flooding in your area?  We got through the Weather (tornadoes, high winds, lots of rain, etc.) okay.  I hope you all did as well.  The wind was so gusty here that it blew over an 18-wheeler in our area.  Amazing!

After the storms passed, the temperatures went from the 70s into the 30s (with a wind chill in the teens) in one day.  Yikes!

Somehow, it feels way too early for us to be having this type of severe weather.

@Writer with Flair 

We had all kinds of weather Saturday-wind, rain, sleet, and snow.   We had tickets to see the Blues hockey team play that evening and it was driving on ice to get there.  The snow is all gone but still dealing with flood waters.  It's amazing how much we got overnight, then to ad the sleet and snow on top - wow.   We still have a small lake in our front yard near the street.  

Esteemed Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

In a few days, we will be single digits so they are threatening! 

Time for SOUP!

I am going to make this one by Meredith!  I sure miss the Blue Jean Chef on Q, but she has nice emails with her recipes that I get.

https://bluejeanchef.com/recipes/chicken-pot-pie-soup/

I have made those biscuits in the full size several times.  REALLY good!  No roll, nice and buttery!

@RespectLife 

I miss Meredith as well.  I have one of her kitchen knives-the handle is made with a blue jean insert!  She was always so calm and informative.  

I don't profess to being a great biscuit maker but when I do make them, I never roll them.  I know the more the dough is re-rolled, the less tender the biscuits will be.  I just hand pat the dough out in a square or rectangle and using a knife or pizza cutter, I cut square biscuits.  No wasted dough, no tough biscuits, but also no round biscuits.  My bread is in squares so I'm good with my biscuits being square too!  Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@tiny 2 

My DH used to travel out of state weekly.  I never was afraid and I missed him, but not to the core of my soul-I knew he would return.  Then almost 2 years ago, he woke me in the night saying his elbows hurt really bad.  I asked if we needed to go to the ER-my standard question to all the family so I can gage just how bad they feel.  He didn't hesitate to say "yes."  He would not allow me to call an ambulance but was waiting for me on the passenger side of his truck.  That is when I knew this was more than serious as he NEVER lets me drive him.  As we drove, I started to panic inside-I couldn't drive and do CPR at the same time, so I started running stop lights and stop signs.  It was 2:30 a.m..  He got aggravated with me but I told him no one was out at that time on Friday morning and besides, I knew all the cops in our little town and worked with the wife of the chief of police in the town the closest hospital was located and I was a friend of a judge.  I had this and to stop complaining.  Long story short, he was having a heart attack.  That evening when I got home was the first time I allowed myself to think that things could have been much different and while things were much better, there still was a chance he may not come home.  I couldn't sleep for many nights, even when he got home.  I still tear up sometimes thinking about it.  If I can feel that sense of loss and my DH is here with me, it can only be a scratch of what you are feeling and I certainly understand some of what you are going thru.   All that said, please take some time before selling your house.  It may be the right thing to do-I already plan on selling our current house if he passes before me.  It's too much for me take care of by myself and I'm not going to pay various services to come in and help me keep it going.  Do you have a cousin or other relative that can come spend a few days with you?   I think your lawyers have given you some good advice but then, it is not their house or their memories.  Maybe a family member can help you piece together sound advice tempered with your feelings on a schedule that won't make you feel like you made a hasty decision at a time when you are raw with emotion.  Don't do anything under the stress you have now.  Give it time; it's not been that long.  Going to your mountain house may be just the relief you need.  Safe travels and prayers my friend.  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

I'm going to give a review of my Comfy brand big sweatshirts here.  First of all they are all extremely warm even in cold weather.  They wash well.  I have two of the sweatshirt style - H220597 and one of the oversized lite blanket style sweatshirts - H220522.   The sweatshirt style are pilling terribly which makes me sad.  I'm still going to wear them though because of the comfort and warmth.  I only ordered one of the blanket style because other than the grey that I ordered, the other color choices are pastels which do not appeal to me.  Now that I have had these for awhile, I think I might cave and purchase one of those pastel colored shirts.  While they don't pill like the other two do, they do tend to shed some which I am hoping will stop after a few launderings.  It is so soft and I just love it.  Will be nice on Friday this week when we are suppose to get extremely cold weather and all I will want to do is stay warm and keep the joints warm and mobile.  

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

In a few days, we will be single digits so they are threatening! 

Time for SOUP!

I am going to make this one by Meredith!  I sure miss the Blue Jean Chef on Q, but she has nice emails with her recipes that I get.

https://bluejeanchef.com/recipes/chicken-pot-pie-soup/

I have made those biscuits in the full size several times.  REALLY good!  No roll, nice and buttery!

What a great recipe!  Thanks for sharing.

@Writer with Flair 

I know you don't do carbs, but it is a good recipe even without the little biscuits.

She emailed some nice soup recipes recently.

Respect,

I have a great low carb biscuit/scone recipe that I thought I might use to make the biscuit part.  (I made them for the royal wedding a while back).  I'll let you know how it comes out.

Respected Contributor

@mustang66lady wrote:

@mustang66lady wrote:

Today I got the chance to witness something historic especially for me.  Of course, my nic is "mustang" and while I was folding doggie blankets, I was watching Mecum Auto Auction and the Bullitt Mustang was auctioned off - it sold for $3.4 million dollars.  The original purchase price was 3500.00 and the second purchase price was 3500.00 back in 1974-the year I graduated HS.  For those who are not familiar, the Bullitt Mustang is the most famous Mustang featured in the Steve McQueen movie, Bullitt.  The man who sold it today and his sister had a very emotional day.  I had chills and cried as it was auctioned.  It was the largest attendance at a Mecum auction. You can read about it on MSN and probably many other venues if interested.  It is beat up and rusted-I still can't get over it.  I guess you either had to be there or watch it to understand.  Crazy me.  

Dear Mustang,

It's definitely okay to cry about that car.  It really was something special in that movie.

Several years back I read a biography of Steve McQueen.  He came to faith in Christ before he died.  His life was an amazing journey.

It seems like I remember seeing a great movie with Steve McQueen and Jackie Gleason in it.  Did anybody else see it or remember the name of that movie?

@Writer with Flair 

For any Mustang enthusiast, Bullitt was "The" movie and that chase scene is "The" chase scene.  Steve McQueen even did some of his own stunts in this movie.  Back in the '70's, I had a doctor who was rumored to be his 1/2 brother.  The resemblance was amazing.  He had the same piercing blue eyes.  

Blue Bloods did a great homage to the Bullitt Mustang.  I'm glad the original was found, and they know where the backup car is as well.   I will always be humbled that my first car, was a Mustang and will always thank my Dad for purchasing it for me.  I didn't ask for it, he found it in a for sale ad in the paper.  

Is the movie you are thinking about, "Soldier in the Rain"?   I have never seen it.  I have to admit, I am not a big fan of Jackie Gleason due to the Honeymooners.  I always thought he was verbally abusive to his wife and wondered if he (the character) liked women.  I'm putting a lot in an old comedy t.v. series but also kind of felt like The Flintstones was the cartoon stone age version!

Mustang,

You are right, indeed about The Flintstones being based on the Honeymooners.  I recently read that on ME TV's website.

Thanks for the name of that movie.  I'll have to try to locate it.

I know what you mean about the Honeymooners.  Nowdays, when I happen to catch some of those old comedy shows, I am astounded to see how badly they treated women.  It seems like I remember Ricky spanking Lucy on "I Love Lucy."  I am glad that things have changed. 

Honored Contributor

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Thankful Thursday my friends . . . Heart

Honored Contributor

@mustang66lady wrote:

I'm going to give a review of my Comfy brand big sweatshirts here.  First of all they are all extremely warm even in cold weather.  They wash well.  I have two of the sweatshirt style - H220597 and one of the oversized lite blanket style sweatshirts - H220522.   The sweatshirt style are pilling terribly which makes me sad.  I'm still going to wear them though because of the comfort and warmth.  I only ordered one of the blanket style because other than the grey that I ordered, the other color choices are pastels which do not appeal to me.  Now that I have had these for awhile, I think I might cave and purchase one of those pastel colored shirts.  While they don't pill like the other two do, they do tend to shed some which I am hoping will stop after a few launderings.  It is so soft and I just love it.  Will be nice on Friday this week when we are suppose to get extremely cold weather and all I will want to do is stay warm and keep the joints warm and mobile.  

@mustang66lady 

How oversized?  Can I fit in there with ya?  We are supposed to be barely in the teens this weekend!

Bummer on the pilling!

Cuddl Duds pill a lot too!  Even though they are so comfy...that pilling is annoying!

Honored Contributor

I am Thankful it is dropping in temps....SLOWLY....it gives me time to adjust!

I will be thankful when it hits the teens, too.  We are to be thankful in all things, right?

For me it is harder when my teeth are chattering!

Everyone expecting severe cold or weather...please be prepared ahead of time!!

Honored Contributor

Good morning K-Team!!!

Happy, happy Thankful Thursday!!!