Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

Tee hee!  Laughed at by the other coyotes!  LOL

Good Friday Morning everyone!

We have a lovely (but maybe last) no rain, sunshiney day here!

Do I look sick to you guys?  Should I go home?

@RespectLife  I say pull that fire alarm and run like the wind my friend . . . Smiley Very Happy

mtc,

It is comments like this one that delight us and make us laugh.  Never, ever change, Young Lady!

Respected Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

@momtochloe 

@RespectLife 

Bought two of those Aldi lights yesterday. 

Don't want to  put holes in the wall or anywhere else to install them, and I'm against using the sticky tape that comes with the set.  That tape looks like it could  pull off either some wall  paint or a piece of drywall later on.

Instead, I'm going to look for the type of 3-M hanging supplies that can be removed from a wall without any damage.  I think those might work.  I use that type to fasten a hook to our front door for the Christmas wreath.

Costco had a package of 3-M picture hanging supplies a while back.  Will look for that type, too, and see what might work.

Meanwhile, I like the little lights.  They certainly are bright!

Seems to me you could just set them on a shelf or something and turn them on manually when and where needed, especially when entering a closet.

Good idea, novamc!

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

Tee hee!  Laughed at by the other coyotes!  LOL

Good Friday Morning everyone!

We have a lovely (but maybe last) no rain, sunshiney day here!

Do I look sick to you guys?  Should I go home?

@RespectLife  I say pull that fire alarm and run like the wind my friend . . . Smiley Very Happy

@momtochloe 

Fire alarm?   Are we suppose to have one of those? 

Oh, please!  Where is your office located?  In a cave?  Do y'all have running water and electricity yet?  Come into the 21st century!

Respected Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Vacation update

I got in late Monday/early Tuesday and had a week long meeting starting Tuesday so I stayed at the hotel across from my office so I could get some sleep.  Luckily the information part of the meeting didn't start until 1pm, so I missed all the touchy feely getting to know you stuff, which is fine by me.

Vancouver is beautiful.  I didn't see as much as I would have liked, but we had different day tours to museums, etc. and went to downtown Vancouver and Gastown which is a historic district.

I forgot how tiring long plane rides are as I haven't been on a coast-to-coast trip in a few years, so I probably needed extra time there and definitely at least one recovery day.

It was nice having a real vacation for a change.  I haven't done that in a few years.  I definitely need to do this every year.

VaBelle,

Glad you had such a wonderful time on your vacation.

Respected Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

My nephew and his wife had their baby girl this morning.

So I am officially an Great Auntie.

Congraturations on becoming Great Auntie VaBelle!

Respected Contributor

@tiny 2 wrote:

@mustang66lady @momtochloe @novamc1 @VaBelle35 @RespectLife @ChiliPepper , Suggestions please

There is a frog in the guest bath that is taking high dives off the counter into the toilet and swimming around. I tried unsuccessfully to catch him so I left for awhile. When I returned I could not see him anywhere so I thought maybe he had left through the drain so I flushed. The poor little thing came out from his hiding place under the upper edge and grabbed the edge of the toilet trying to hang on, lost his grip with one hand was barely hanging on with the other as the whirlpool from the flush threatened to swallow him. I felt so bad and said oh no I'm so sorry I did not see you. Hold on, Hold on. He avoided being sucked down but I really need to GET HIM OUT!!!!!!! Do you know how to catch a frog?

Whatever you do,

DO NOT CALL ANIMAL CONTROL! 

I repeat,

DO NOT CALL ANIMAL CONTROL!

Respected Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

@tiny 2 

=

A helpful tool in this type of "frog situation" is a net fastened to the end of a wooden pole.

One of our window wells had filled with water after a very heavy and extended rain. A frog---probably from our neighbor's pond---had gotten caught in the flooded window well and couldn't get out.

Fortunately, my older son had been to a nature summer camp and we had to get him a net for catching small creatures.

I told him to go get that net, scoop out the frog and turn it loose.

A year or two later, I told my younger son to get that same net and scoop out a baby bird that had gotten trapped in yet another one of our window wells and couldn't fly out.

Neither son appreciated these assigments from Mom, and they did a fair amount of complaining at this imposition on their leisure time. 

They learned that wild creatures are not very willing to be captured in  a net by a stupid human.  The creatures fought every step of the way.  I learned a net is a handy tool to have around, not to mention a couple of boys still young enough to get bossed around by their mother.

Who knew?  Yeah!  I was going to suggest a small strainer (that you don't mind throwing away) and a paper plate.  Novamc, your idea was better.

Honored Contributor

Occasionally I know we have discussed getting rid of fruit flies and on my way to looking up something else I found this delightful and informative article that I thought you ladies may enjoy:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/tipsandtricks/the-french-grandmothers-clever-trick-to-keeping...

Honored Contributor

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Tuesday my friends . . . Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife 

Velco strips came with the little light, but instructions say neither those nor the sticky strips (also included) should be used on any surface that can get damaged when it's time to remove them (such as for repainting wall or wood).

My little light comes with a plastic bracket that can be applied directly to a surface, so you can pull out the light itself to change batteries.

The bracket is  a clever design,  being shaped to fit into a corner.

I just need to look for another type of 3M stickups that can be removed from a wall without damage.