Honored Contributor

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Souper Sunday my friends . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Oh goodness @tiny 2  and may I say yikes!  I have no knowledge of frogs or their removal as they aren't around here but I did do a quick search and it sounds like this is the easiest/quickest way (link to the page itself is at the bottom):

How to Get Rid of Frogs in the House
Frogs need to remain near a water source and that source of water has to be just the right temperature. If you have frogs in your home, there must be a water source and a food source nearby. If you’re high and dry your issue might be with toads, not frogs. A frog in the house can enter a number of ways. Any small hole can allow a frog inside and these amphibians may seek shelter from the sun on very hot days inside cracks along the foundation. Frogs rarely overrun a house. They do not want to live inside. If a frog has mistakenly entered your home it is easy enough to remove with the aid of a bucket and a broom. Gently guide the frog into the bucket and put it back outside. Because the frog managed to enter, you need to explore the outside of your home and figure out why. Cracks and holes are what allow frogs entrance into a home but tall weeds and flourishing gardens against a foundation can promote frog exploration. Some homeowners have decorative ponds a few feet away from their walls. This type of setup will allow frogs to get close to the home.

http://wildliferemovalusa.com/frog-how-to.html

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

@tiny 2 

=

A helpful tool in this type of "frog situation" is a net fastened to the end of a wooden pole.

One of our window wells had filled with water after a very heavy and extended rain. A frog---probably from our neighbor's pond---had gotten caught in the flooded window well and couldn't get out.

Fortunately, my older son had been to a nature summer camp and we had to get him a net for catching small creatures.

I told him to go get that net, scoop out the frog and turn it loose.

A year or two later, I told my younger son to get that same net and scoop out a baby bird that had gotten trapped in yet another one of our window wells and couldn't fly out.

Neither son appreciated these assigments from Mom, and they did a fair amount of complaining at this imposition on their leisure time. 

They learned that wild creatures are not very willing to be captured in  a net by a stupid human.  The creatures fought every step of the way.  I learned a net is a handy tool to have around, not to mention a couple of boys still young enough to get bossed around by their mother.

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

Oh goodness @tiny 2  and may I say yikes!  I have no knowledge of frogs or their removal as they aren't around here but I did do a quick search and it sounds like this is the easiest/quickest way (link to the page itself is at the bottom):

How to Get Rid of Frogs in the House
Frogs need to remain near a water source and that source of water has to be just the right temperature. If you have frogs in your home, there must be a water source and a food source nearby. If you’re high and dry your issue might be with toads, not frogs. A frog in the house can enter a number of ways. Any small hole can allow a frog inside and these amphibians may seek shelter from the sun on very hot days inside cracks along the foundation. Frogs rarely overrun a house. They do not want to live inside. If a frog has mistakenly entered your home it is easy enough to remove with the aid of a bucket and a broom. Gently guide the frog into the bucket and put it back outside. Because the frog managed to enter, you need to explore the outside of your home and figure out why. Cracks and holes are what allow frogs entrance into a home but tall weeds and flourishing gardens against a foundation can promote frog exploration. Some homeowners have decorative ponds a few feet away from their walls. This type of setup will allow frogs to get close to the home.

http://wildliferemovalusa.com/frog-how-to.html

@momtochloe   I do have a waterfall and lower pool water feature outside.The frogs have always enjoyed it but never very many. I have someone coming Monday to check the vents on the roof to make sure the mesh is still present. This frog will jump right out of a bucket though. He seems really happy,  LOL. I hope to remove him today.

Respected Contributor

@novamc1  I have a net that I use to clear leaves etc from the water feature but I do not think  I can get it into the toilet which is where he hides. He is very good at that.

Honored Contributor

@tiny 2 wrote:

@momtochloe   I do have a waterfall and lower pool water feature outside.The frogs have always enjoyed it but never very many. I have someone coming Monday to check the vents on the roof to make sure the mesh is still present. This frog will jump right out of a bucket though. He seems really happy,  LOL. I hope to remove him today.

@tiny 2  he knows you are a nice lady and he is in a good home.  I wouldn't want to leave either . . . Heart

Good lucky my friend!

Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@mustang66lady wrote:

@Writer with Flair wrote:

Dear Kitchenettes,

I couldn't remember if I told you about a little excitement we had the Saturday before last.  We were awakened by two bobcats having a terrible fight outside our bedroom window.  Yikes!  Welcome to the wild west!  

DH called animal control because it was such a fierce fight.   There are several elderly early morning walkers in our area and he was concerned about them.  He was surprised to learn that animal control would not come out unless someone had been hurt by the animals.  They said that they did want people to report sightings of the animals, though, so they could keep track of them.

@Writer with Flair'

Ohhhh this so reminds me of a conversation I had with our village "animal" control as well as our county "animal" control.  All both of them could offer is that I pay for a trapper to capture a coyote in my yard that was stalking my dogs and even wandering up into the pool area of the yard where my family was swimming.   All they would be of concern with was domestic animals like dogs and cats.   I told them that their "title" of animal control should be changed to dog catcher.  Since we live in "town" we cannot shoot our own firearms.  The best advice I recieved was to freeze paintball balls and shoot those at the coyote as those frozen paintballs would really sting a lot and are not against village laws to fire off.

@mustang66lady  plus all of the other coyotes will snicker and laugh at his new "paint job" . . . Smiley Very Happy

Seriously, that's terrific that animal control isn't helpful with an animal that is a danger to the general community.  Phooey on them.

@momtochloe 

LOL!  I got that suggestion from the husband of our youngest DD's !/2 sister's husband-they live in Alaska.  I figure that just taking a walk in most parts of Alaska you have to arm yourself, so he should know what he is talking about.   

Esteemed Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Vacation update

I got in late Monday/early Tuesday and had a week long meeting starting Tuesday so I stayed at the hotel across from my office so I could get some sleep.  Luckily the information part of the meeting didn't start until 1pm, so I missed all the touchy feely getting to know you stuff, which is fine by me.

Vancouver is beautiful.  I didn't see as much as I would have liked, but we had different day tours to museums, etc. and went to downtown Vancouver and Gastown which is a historic district.

I forgot how tiring long plane rides are as I haven't been on a coast-to-coast trip in a few years, so I probably needed extra time there and definitely at least one recovery day.

It was nice having a real vacation for a change.  I haven't done that in a few years.  I definitely need to do this every year.

@VaBelle35 

I'm so glad you had such a great vacation!   What made you choose Vancouver?   I'm thinking I need to expand my horizons.  And yes, you most certainly deserved a real vacation.  

Esteemed Contributor

@tiny 2 wrote:

@mustang66lady @momtochloe @novamc1 @VaBelle35 @RespectLife @ChiliPepper , Suggestions please

There is a frog in the guest bath that is taking high dives off the counter into the toilet and swimming around. I tried unsuccessfully to catch him so I left for awhile. When I returned I could not see him anywhere so I thought maybe he had left through the drain so I flushed. The poor little thing came out from his hiding place under the upper edge and grabbed the edge of the toilet trying to hang on, lost his grip with one hand was barely hanging on with the other as the whirlpool from the flush threatened to swallow him. I felt so bad and said oh no I'm so sorry I did not see you. Hold on, Hold on. He avoided being sucked down but I really need to GET HIM OUT!!!!!!! Do you know how to catch a frog?

@tiny 2 

If you can hang on, I will bring my grandson who would be more than happy to catch him.  If not, I can see if my niece, who lives in Asheville, S.C. can get there as she has always been a tomboy and would not think twice about catching it!

Honored Contributor

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Monday my friends . . . Smiley Happy