Honored Contributor

Closet lighting is the bomb!

When I had my ceiling fans originally installed 15ish years ago, I had the electrician move the original fixture into my bedroom closet.  It makes a huge difference and is worth every penny.

It's something I will make sure happens going forward whenever I move somewhere.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Vacation update

I got in late Monday/early Tuesday and had a week long meeting starting Tuesday so I stayed at the hotel across from my office so I could get some sleep.  Luckily the information part of the meeting didn't start until 1pm, so I missed all the touchy feely getting to know you stuff, which is fine by me.

Vancouver is beautiful.  I didn't see as much as I would have liked, but we had different day tours to museums, etc. and went to downtown Vancouver and Gastown which is a historic district.

I forgot how tiring long plane rides are as I haven't been on a coast-to-coast trip in a few years, so I probably needed extra time there and definitely at least one recovery day.

It was nice having a real vacation for a change.  I haven't done that in a few years.  I definitely need to do this every year.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

My nephew and his wife had their baby girl this morning.

So I am officially an Great Auntie.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

My nephew and his wife had their baby girl this morning.

So I am officially an Great Auntie.

Congratulations @VaBelle35  Great Auntie!  Flying Stork Carrying a Baby animated emoticon

Honored Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

@momtochloe 

@RespectLife 

Bought two of those Aldi lights yesterday. 

Don't want to  put holes in the wall or anywhere else to install them, and I'm against using the sticky tape that comes with the set.  That tape looks like it could  pull off either some wall  paint or a piece of drywall later on.

Instead, I'm going to look for the type of 3-M hanging supplies that can be removed from a wall without any damage.  I think those might work.  I use that type to fasten a hook to our front door for the Christmas wreath.

Costco had a package of 3-M picture hanging supplies a while back.  Will look for that type, too, and see what might work.

Meanwhile, I like the little lights.  They certainly are bright!

Seems to me you could just set them on a shelf or something and turn them on manually when and where needed, especially when entering a closet.

Hee @novamc1  to be honest, I haven't attached mine to anything as I have been carrying it around with me using it when I need it.  It's laying on my counter for help in the dark hours of the morning but it is also so handy to navigate/highlight things like that poor frozen tundra of a freezer of mine!

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Vacation update

I got in late Monday/early Tuesday and had a week long meeting starting Tuesday so I stayed at the hotel across from my office so I could get some sleep.  Luckily the information part of the meeting didn't start until 1pm, so I missed all the touchy feely getting to know you stuff, which is fine by me.

Vancouver is beautiful.  I didn't see as much as I would have liked, but we had different day tours to museums, etc. and went to downtown Vancouver and Gastown which is a historic district.

I forgot how tiring long plane rides are as I haven't been on a coast-to-coast trip in a few years, so I probably needed extra time there and definitely at least one recovery day.

It was nice having a real vacation for a change.  I haven't done that in a few years.  I definitely need to do this every year.

I am so happy you took this time for yourself @VaBelle35  as it's good to "stretch your legs" for a bit (not including the plane portion of your journey).  I do hope you do this every year as it's good to recharge your batteries so to speak, enjoy my friend!

Honored Contributor

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Souper Saturday my friends . . . Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

@momtochloe 

FYI about the lights, maybe you don't know this ..........I discovered by accident the instruction manual for the light buried in the fold of the cardboard packaging.  It's very HIDDEN!!

It contains some useful info about how and where  to use the two optional types of fastening tape in different situations, how to use or not use the additional bracket,  and how to mount using screws.

Respected Contributor

@VaBelle35, It sounds like a really nice vacation. I am glad you had a good time. I agree about the recovery day. I always needed some reentry time.

Respected Contributor

@mustang66lady @momtochloe @novamc1 @VaBelle35 @RespectLife @ChiliPepper , Suggestions please

There is a frog in the guest bath that is taking high dives off the counter into the toilet and swimming around. I tried unsuccessfully to catch him so I left for awhile. When I returned I could not see him anywhere so I thought maybe he had left through the drain so I flushed. The poor little thing came out from his hiding place under the upper edge and grabbed the edge of the toilet trying to hang on, lost his grip with one hand was barely hanging on with the other as the whirlpool from the flush threatened to swallow him. I felt so bad and said oh no I'm so sorry I did not see you. Hold on, Hold on. He avoided being sucked down but I really need to GET HIM OUT!!!!!!! Do you know how to catch a frog?