Honored Contributor

Ok, those Aldi reusable shopping bags are the bomb!  You can stuff a ton in them and the wide straps don't cut into your hand/wrist.  I am so glad I took a bunch.

Honored Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

Anyone else occasionally getting this QVC survey popping up?

It looks funny, I don't know if it's legit or not.

Hiya @ChiliPepper , no I haven't gotten one but then again I am using Chrome and that blocks a ton (even stuff you want).  I'll have to see if anyone started a thread on it.

Easter was fine.  Perfect weather and lots of people out and about.  How was Olive Garden?  What did you guys order?

Honored Contributor

Ok, has anyone seen that Whole Foods commercial where the guy is filling up his basket because his wife told him to buy a "bunch" because of the lower prices?  Ok, that's what my basket looked like from Brookhaven . . . I love me some asparagus but I don't know how I am going to eat all of this . . . hee!

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe 

YUM!

Love me some fresh asparagus!!!

cartoon-asparagus-green-smiling-happy-41819684.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

@momtochloe wrote:

Easter was fine.  Perfect weather and lots of people out and about.  How was Olive Garden?  What did you guys order?

@momtochloe 

Olive Garden was great!!! Not busy at all (no surprise!).

DD ordered spaghetti with marinara sauce & I ordered something different - new to me: 

"Braised beef bolognese with pappardelle - slow-simmered meat sauce with tender braised beef and Italian sausage, tossed with ruffled pappardella pasta and a touch of Alfredo".

Slow-simmered meat sauce with braised beef and Italian sausage tossed with pappardelle pasta.

It was really, really good. To be honest, we pigged out on soup, salad & breadsticks & brought our meals home LOL!

DD will get one meal out of hers & I'll probably get two out of mine.

Update: YOWZA! DD got two meals out of hers too!!!

Yes, I used my $ 4.00 off coupon too!

Your friend Chili is cheap, cheap, cheap LOL!!!

I did tip the girl well because she was great & because she had to work the holiday.

Honored Contributor

Oh @ChiliPepper that looks absolutely delicious!  I can't imagine how good that braised beef was mixed in with the other ingredients.  Excellent choice my friend and more than worth a meal or two . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

Oh @ChiliPepper that looks absolutely delicious!  I can't imagine how good that braised beef was mixed in with the other ingredients.  Excellent choice my friend and more than worth a meal or two . . . Smiley Happy

@momtochloe 

Yay, I only tried a couple of bites (so I could get my fill of salad/breadsticks LOL), but it was really, really good. I'm VERY excited for tonight's leftovers.

We need to find that recipe!

Honored Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@momtochloe 

Yay, I only tried a couple of bites (so I could get my fill of salad/breadsticks LOL), but it was really, really good. I'm VERY excited for tonight's leftovers.

We need to find that recipe!

Well I found this one that is similar from Maggiano's:

https://www.maggianos.com/images/uploads/pdfs/Braised_Beef_Pappardelle_Recipe.pdf

Honored Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@mustang66lady 

I just finished watching Worst Cooks in America Celebrity Edition too!

OMG, I love that show. Those people are so inept & adorable at the same time LOL!!!!

I won’t say who got voted off in case you haven’t seen it yet. Personally I don’t like when they eliminate someone the first night on any show - give them a chance - at least wait until the second episode.

It was fun to see Morgan Fairchild. She’s getting up there but she still looks really good - different - but really good.

@mustang66lady 

@ChiliPepper 

I haven't seen the show but saw the commercials.

Morgan is the only one I recognized!

Who ARE those people?

Honored Contributor

@ChiliPepper 

No survey on my end!

We got 2 raised garden beds at Aldi's last yr ($29.99@) and bought 2 more this year.

Last year we just did zucc, toms and cherry toms.

I am planning an expansion this year.  I do basil and peppermint in pots...so the ground ones will be some sort of veggie, TBD.

Our weather has been SO bad...freezing and raining, we will be lucky to get a garden in by June!