Respected Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

All plastic containers in my house (Lock and Lock) go right into the dishwasher.  No way am I washing out  those pesky things by hand. 

None of my containers are any the worse for wear, either.  Dishwashing highly recommended!

Esteemed Contributor

I used to hand wash all my LnL but now I only hand wash the big pieces that don't fit in the dishwasher.  I love my LnL but lately I am leaning more towards purchasing glass containers.  I haven't done so just yet but am thinking if I wash the LnL in the dishwasher, they may wear out faster.   I don't want to just donate them-I have way too many and DH will have a stroke if I donate them, then turn around and purchase glass ones.   I do have that glass 9x13 LnL that I love but there are no handles on that thing.   When it is full, it is heavy and when it is hot-then it is hot and heavy.  I baked spaghetti in it and decided before I put it in the oven, to place it on a rimmed cookie sheet-glad I did because I don't think I could have gotten it out of the oven otherwise.  

Respected Contributor

I've washed my L&L in the dishwasher for a couple of years, and as long as I put the lid and the container on the top shelf, no harm seems to have been done.  And that's even after using the "heavy" setting on the machine just to make sure everything comes out clean.  

I agree about trusting glass more and more, though.  I don't ever put plastic in the microwave and don't store prepared food in the fridge with plastic.  Have a few sets of the glass storage containers and really like them for that purpose.

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe, I have been doing the same thing today. I love that graphic!!!LOL. Did the air fryer survive or do you have another on the way? I do not have one. It may end up in the land of weekly dusting like the pressure cooker. I did manage to obtain a bag of black beans that are displayed with the IP now and hopefully will be cooked to perfection one day soon.I need to get some ham to add to them.

Esteemed Contributor

@novamc1 

Are your LnL older or have you purchased them more recently?  I ask because I read that many are not as happy with the newer LnL-tabs breaking, warping and staining.  I have had a little staining in a couple of bowls but have found if I let things that could stain cool completely before putting in the bowl, that lessens staining.  I have also read but not tried, that if you spray the container with cooking spray before you add something that could stain, your containers won't stain.  I don't have a microwave so no temptation to microwave anything in them.  I have warned my kids when I gifted them with LnL to not microwave in them also.  They really are workhorses.

Esteemed Contributor

@tiny 2 

Guess what I did today?-------Dusted the IP!   I busted out laughing that you are still doing the weekly dusting of the IP as well!  And for the record, I did have an airfyer-bought one from the Q a couple years ago.  Used it a couple of times and sent it back.  I wasn't as thrilled with it as I thought I would be plus I had no clue how big that thing was!   I have a small kitchen and very little storage.   For me it wasn't a good thing to have but I will say I wasn't afraid of it like I am the IP!  If you want one, you might want to go to Kohl's or Walmart or BB&B and see it up close and try to imagine where in your kitchen you will let it live.   Be sure to measure that area and the space between your counter and any hanging cabinets, too.

Honored Contributor

Oh @mustang66lady poor Jennie!  Mom, Dad save me!!!!!  I hope she's having a better day now sweet girl . . . Heart

As for the weather, I think that snow is going to be rain here because it's in the 50's and will stay there for a bit.  Looks like maybe Friday we'll get some sloppy stuff that includes some form of harder water . . . Smiley Happy

Did you get anything fun at Aldi?

Honored Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@momtochloe 

I hear ya!

I try to stay up with my dishes as I go along. The thing that gets me is when I clean the fridge - like it sounds like you did. 

We try not to waste any food but occasionally something gets shoved to the back or I make too much & the last bit gets old.

I hate seeing that stack of dirty plastic ware.

Hee @ChiliPepper I just had two little breakfast and lunch plates and then this enormous mound of plastic.  It didn't take nearly as long as I thought to wash them but I am just glad it's done.  Now I just need to stick to my promise of not overloading that fridge again!

Honored Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

All plastic containers in my house (Lock and Lock) go right into the dishwasher.  No way am I washing out  those pesky things by hand. 

None of my containers are any the worse for wear, either.  Dishwashing highly recommended!

@novamc1 believe it or not I have never used the dishwasher since I got here.  I just don't generate that much stuff and I hate to run it with such small loads.  I was thrilled when I first saw it but now that I realize how small the cabinets are in this place I wish I had the cabinet space iso the dishwasher!

Honored Contributor

@tiny 2 wrote:

@momtochloe, I have been doing the same thing today. I love that graphic!!!LOL. Did the air fryer survive or do you have another on the way? I do not have one. It may end up in the land of weekly dusting like the pressure cooker. I did manage to obtain a bag of black beans that are displayed with the IP now and hopefully will be cooked to perfection one day soon.I need to get some ham to add to them.

@tiny 2  I am thrilled to say the air fryer seems to have gotten over whatever was ailing it yesterday and is working perfectly fine today.  I did take out a one year extended warranty on it so if it does stop working altogether it will be replaced.  I normally don't take out those kind of warranties but because of how those things operate and the intense heat in a rather small place I thought an extra year may be a good investment this time around.

Isn't that graphic a riot?  I laughed out loud when I found it, that's what I felt like when I first started climbing Mount Rubbermaid/Mr. Lid It . . . Smiley Happy