Respected Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

Have  been a "woman of few words" on this website for a long time now.......life has been crazy-bizzy and I've missed chatting with you all.......but the taste-bud complaint from @momtochloe is right on point, so I'm speaking up!!

DH never used to like spicy foods........now he complains many types are too bland.  I guess I feel abbout the same.  Worn out taste buds, for sure!!

About that bland ham/noodle dish..........maybe alfredo sauce---or Mexican queso (cheesy) sauce-- instead of the sour cream would make it more appealing.  Or make your own alfredo sauce with whipping cream and a bunch of grated or shaved Parmesan cheese.

I like  the refrigerated Buitoni or Rana brands of alfredo, one or both of which come in low-sodium versions  ( or maybe it's low-fat instead of low sodium)......

Used to make my own but these ready-made versions are too easy.

We love adding a tablespoon or so of McCormick Cajun seasoning to the sauce and think it's yummy. Don't  know about how the Cajun taste would go with ham, but we like it with sliced smoked sausage instead of ham.

I have a few ham/noodle casserole recipes that call for adding canned cream of chicken soup mixed with a little milk  and /or sour cream,  plus cheddar or swiss or Colby cheese.

I would always add frozen peas to any casserole like this---with apologies to the pea-haters.  Those odd-balls (heh!) can throw in some broccoli or cut up asparagus if they prefer.

Esteemed Contributor

Looks like @novamc1  had some good ideas to maybe salavage your dish or at least change it up next time you make it @momtochloe !

I will look for those pillows this week as I go to the "Temporary" Aldi's I will be using until the 8th of April.  It is a training store for managers or so I have been told by employees at my regular Aldi's.  And it is busy, busy , busy any day of the week, any time of day.  If I had to shop there all the time, I would not be a happy camper.  I was thinking of My Pillows for sometime now as our friend @RespectLife had recommended them as well.  If I like the Aldi's version, I may splurge for the real thing.   Did you order your My Pillows from the Q or from the My Pillow website?   I know Walmart used to carry them as well but I heard complaints the My Pillows sold at Walmart were not like the ones from the website or the Q.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just got two lovely woven storage baskets at Aldi's for $8.99 each.  Want to stop using plastic laundry baskets, and these two new baskets (with carrying handles) look decent on the floor of my closet to hold dirty laundry and seem easier to carry.

DH bought a pair of My Pillows at Costco and promptly returned them  after one night as being uncomfortable.  Maybe they were a lesser version of the over-hyped one on TV.

(Or maybe it's just *him* being picky.)

Honored Contributor

Oh it's good to see you @novamc1 and I thank you very much for your helpful tips in terms of doctoring up that noodle disaster.  It's funny you mention your DH turning up the heat in what he likes as before I really didn't care for anything spicy and now I have been wandering into using more spicy things.  I have always wanted to try those Buitoni products.  I have to try and catch a sale as I would love to try their alfredo sauce.

@mustang66lady I purchased my My Pillows from QVC and all were TSV's.  The first set (the originals) were nice, the second set was a step up but this last set (mine are at least 3-4 years old) are perfect for me (they are the gusseted ones).  They wash/dry beautifully.  I've had the pillows you have from HSN and they were fine too but for me I prefer the MP chunky foam filling as you can punch it into whatever form you need (I sometimes have neck and believe it or not ear problems so having some flexibility in the form of the pillow is a huge plus for me).  I'll be glad when your Aldi is all remodeled and back online!

Honored Contributor

@novamc1 those storage baskets are adorable.  I stood there a long time trying to think of a reason why I needed one but couldn't come up with anything as I bought a tote basket from them a couple of months ago which i love for laundry.

I don't know if the Costco variety of MP's have a choice of strength of fill.  I started with the medium support but now go for the ones that provide the most support.  Hee, your hubby cracks me up!  Those pillows are different from regular ones and sometimes they just don't click with folks.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ok enough of my kvetching, I have something very positive to say.  I love those Scrub Daddy's so I bought the latest TSV which also came with a soap dispenser.  That thing is the absolute bomb, I could not be more pleased (unless it came in colors that matched my kitchen).  It really is genius as it dispenses soap from the top but can also dispense from the bottom and no drips.  If they ever offer it by itself, I would highly recommend (I also recommend the entire TSV but that dispenser was a nice surprise).

eta:  And the spice that finally fixed my fiasco:  Hot Mustard Powder!

Respected Contributor

eta:  And the spice that finally fixed my fiasco:  Hot Mustard Powder!

@momtochloe, Agree on that. When I have a noodle dish that needs some brightness I use

1 tsp. dry mustard

¼ tsp. cayenne

1 garlic clove pressed about (1 tsp.)

Honored Contributor

Ok, here is your laugh out loud moment for the day.  Wiener bun of shame, hee!

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe  LOL, LOL,  Poor baby, He is going to grow up with a complex.

Honored Contributor

@tiny 2 wrote:

@momtochloe  LOL, LOL,  Poor baby, He is going to grow up with a complex.

@tiny 2  I'm not sure but I think I've seen this before.  I think these folks were babysitting him and he got loose because they didn't realize how small he was so this was their solution which I think is kind of cute/genius . . . hee!