Honored Contributor

Happy Wednesday!

I am going into the office today.  I need to get stuff organized before tomorrow's potluck.

My Costco order will be delivered at 1 and then I can come back home.

I don't think there will be any new color on the walls today.  I think they will just be finishing the last touches on my bedroom/bathroom and then plastering all the cracks in the next set of rooms.

Once they finish caulkinng my shower I can store a bunch of stuff in there so I can move around in my room.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

One of my recent Aldi buys is a jar of green olives stuffed with cheddar cheese.

I have never bought green olives in my life......couldn't stand the tangy taste as a kid when Mom would  serve pimiento-stuffed olives for cocktails  at parties.  I would extract the pimiento, which I liked, and throw away the olive when no one was looking.

I saw these jars at Aldi's with choice of  three stuffings---white cheddar, jalapeno cheddar and feta cheese.

Every now and then, I'm reaching for the jar in the refrigerator and taking one or two.  Love the brine. Can't really taste the cheese because the olive overwhelms it.

The brand name on the jar is Specially Selected Stuffed Green Olives. Big difference between them and little cocktail-sized green olives I once avoided.

Honored Contributor

Good morning K-Team!!!

Happy, Happy WINTRY Wonderful Wednesday my Wacky Friends!!!

Snow, wind & ice last night. Ugh, it's here!!!

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Wednesday my friends . . . Smiley Happy

eta:  Oh goodness, next week's Aldi ad . . . YIKES.  It's going to be worse than waiting for Christmas when I was a kid!

@momtochloe

Oh, oh, oh.....................

What looks good? Please spill LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

@novamc1

Those olives sound delish!!! I've seen garlic or onion stuffed olives but I don't believe I have seen cheddar stuffed olives. Maybe blue cheese stuffed olives but that never sounded good to me though I would try one if I saw it somewhere.

Seems like I saw almond stuffed olives in an ad somewhere, seems interesting though I wonder what the brine would do to the texture of the almond.

Either way, I'm going to look for the ones you mentioned at Aldi's. Thanks for the heads up!

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife

OMG, CONGRATS to DD!!!

How exciting!!! I wish we could have all been there cheering her on!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

National-Pickle-Day-November-14-2-768x768.jpg

NATIONAL PICKLE DAY  

National Pickle Day is observed annually on November 14. It may be a Dill, Gherkin, Cornichon, Brined, Kosher Dill, Polish, Hungarian, Lime, Bread and Butter, Swedish and Danish, or Kool-Aid Pickle. Whichever is your choice, eat them all day long.

The term pickle comes from the Dutch word pekel, meaning brine.  In the United States, the word pickle typically refers to a pickled cucumber.

– Each year in the United States, 5,200,000 pounds of pickles are consumed.

– Pickles are a great snack, low in calories and a good source of vitamin K, though they can be high in sodium. 

– When served on a stick at festivals, fairs or carnivals, pickles are sometimes known as “stick pickles”.

– A rising trend in the United States is deep-fried pickles which have a breading or batter surrounding the pickle spear or slice.

– For thousands of years, pickles have been a popular food dating back to 2030 B.C.  At that time, cucumbers were imported from India to the Tigris Valley where they were first preserved and eaten as pickles.

– Cleopatra attributed her good looks to her diet of pickles.

– Julius Caesar fed pickles to his troops believing that they lent physical and spiritual strength.

Honored Contributor

@ChiliPepper, this caught my eye (comes in three different colors).  It says it's a jar but the description sounds like it's a candle:

Huntington Home 19 oz. Designer Jar View 2

They also have a great selection of cute/cost effective chocolate things if you need to buy a lot of stocking stuffer/gifts at work kind of things.

Honored Contributor

National-Spicy-Guacamole-Day-November-14.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

Easy-Spicy-Guacamole-Image-7.jpg

Easy Spicy Guacamole Recipe

Prep Time: 15 minutess

incredibly delicious made fresh at your own table, hand crafted and seasoned just the way you like it ... and it's super easy to make too!

Servings: 8

Ingredients
  • 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped, plus extra for garnish
  • 1 jalapeno pepper, minced (stem and seeds removed)
  • 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion, plus extra for garnish
  • 3 tablespoons lime juice, divided
  • 1 large garlic clove, minced
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
  • 3 avocados, ripe
  • 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes for garnish, if desired
Instructions
  1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cilantro, jalapeño, onion, 2 tablespoons of lime juice, garlic, salt, pepper, cumin, and cayenne.  

2. Cut one avocado in half, remove the pit, scoop out the flesh with a large spoon and add to the bowl with the spices.  Using a fork, mash the avocado until mostly smooth and combined with the onion mixture.

3. Halve the remaining two avocados, remove the pits then carefully make 1/2-inch crosshatch cuts in the flesh with a table knife.  Cut all the way through the flesh but not through the skin.  Using a large spoon, carefully scoop out the avocado cubes and add to the mashed mixture.  

4. Sprinkle the remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice on top of the cubes.  Using a rubber spatula, fold the cubes into the mashed mixture taking care to leave the guacamole somewhat chunky.  Check the seasoning and adjust if needed.  

5. Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with extra chopped red onion, cilantro leaves and chopped tomatoes if desired.  

Recipe Notes

Guacamole is best served immediately but will keep for a day or two if properly stored.  Scoop leftover guacamole into a container that has a tight fitting lid.  Squeeze a little extra lime juice on top of the guacamole, then press a piece of plastic wrap onto the dip before sealing with the lid.