Whoo hoo, just gray Whoo Hoo!

I have rain but not monsoons.

Sniff, sniff....Is summer over?

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@mustang66lady wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

Morning!

I would LOVE to know of a hand steamer that actually worked!  I am highly allergic to irons, right @momtochloe ?

I had a Proctor Silex that never worked and a Joy HSN one that worked even less!  Tried a Rowenta and that went back too.

I guess I just have to learn to love my wrinkles...both on my clothes AND my face!  At least my outfit will match my face then!

PS

DS is a lefty.  Only one in either family tree that we can find!  My grandmother wanted me to tie his left hand behind his back so he couldn't use it and would 'learn' to be right handed!!  Did they DO that in the old country?  ARRGH!  I dunno where she got this stuff!

@RespectLife

Unfortunately this used to be common.  When I was in 4th grade which would have been about 1965, there were two 4th grade teachers in my school. One, not the one I had, used to tie left handed children's hands to their chair and force them to write, cut whatever, with their right hand.  It was awful.  I can't imagine how tortured those kids were and how much they must have hated to come to school.  No teachers intervened, no parent stood up to her that I am aware of, and the principal let it go because there was no advocate speaking up for the child.  

Oh my GOSH!  @mustang66lady

I can't even imagine! Terrible!

I always just thought it was something they did back in Italy in the early 1900's  my gram was talking about!

Ha!  Sadly, no.  My mother switched me as a baby so I didn't go through any torture, but it does cause confusion because inately I want to use my left hand for things.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@Writer with Flair wrote:

Mustang,

That was great that you were able to wear your jeans without any problem.  I'm sure every step toward "normalcy" is a blessing.

Mustang and mtc,

Regarding what happened to left-handed people long ago, I had a cousin who was forced to use her right hand by her mother.  A truly sweet and well-intentioned person, my aunt felt like she was helping my cousin by making her do everything with her right hand.  In those days, there were only right-handed desks, etc.  My aunt believed that she was making her daughter's life better, in the long run, by forcing her to prefer her right hand.

My cousin turned out to be an amazingly talented and creative person.  I think that she is ambidextrous now.

This is what my mother said, that it would be easier to write.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Happy Friday

It's supposed to be really hot here today.  We might get storms this evening.

I have one call this morning and then a dentist appointment this afternoon.  I have a cavity that needs fixing.  I didn't think adults got cavities.  The last time I had work done I had an old mercury filling replaced as it was starting to degrade.

This should be quick though.  And a new dentist as my old one retired.  This one is very young so hopefully he won't retire for a very long time.  I'm tired of replacing doctors.  LOL

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I didn't think adults were supposed to get cavities either @VaBelle35 yet my DH manages to come home with a new one every trip to the dentist!  I think we are just paying for his alimony and yacht!  snicker!

Honored Contributor

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Souper (and cavity free) Saturday my friends . . . Dentist animated emoticon

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35  did you have that HOA meeting you mentioned earlier (where people only show up when they have specific grievances)?  I thought of that just now as I was cruising to the downstairs pantry and walked by the bulletin board (we are so high tech here) and they mentioned that last board meeting was cancelled and now rescheduled for a couple of weeks from now.  Posted next to the handwritten note was a copy of some rules with "no constantly running water" and "no doing laundry during certain periods of time" highlighted so I guess they are trying to address my neighbor's concerns (they have been gone for three weeks now and it is amazing how quiet it is around here).

Good luck with your meeting my friend!

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe  Good morning

Yes, we had our meeting on Thursday night but it was a non-event.  People came to complain about the management company and one person came to ask questions.

I was expecting the worst and was pleasantly surprised.

The roof repairs are almost done and we should be closing the insurance claim in about a week and then finishing up putting in new fences.

We have to tackle the warranty repairs on other fences we have.  Then we're done with big projects until next year when to tackle new asphalt for the entire community.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

Glad to see/hear you are making forward progress @VaBelle35.  I am beginning to think that Crazypants has a point about so many things not being updated/maintained around here.  After the explosion a few weeks ago they have resumed vacuuming on a regular basis.  I think the overall management company does a good job but it's the one that "manages" our building that is the problem (based on how they maintain their own property/office space.  It's a mess.).  Sigh.

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe

Good morning mtc!!!

Good morning K-Team!!!