Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@

Are you kidding me??? When I was a teen, we all tried shaving (not completely) our excess eyebrow hairs!!! One wrong move & you were s c r e w e d LOL!!!

@ChiliPepperI have been fascinated with both threading and waxing and actually bought one of those "personal shavers" which actually work rather well if you think outside of the box . . . Smiley Happy

@momtochloe

I have never heard of a "personal shaver". Is it small?

We used a regular 'ole shaver - there is not enough room up there to fit a Bic without lopping off part of an eyebrow LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

yay-sunshine-time-for-my-annual-shave-600d-to-g0-24125699.png

Honored Contributor

@ChiliPeppermy friend, let me help you with those what could considered to be noocks and crannies plus it blows away those pesty eyebrow hairs:

Lady Shave and Mini Trimmer
Honored Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

yay-sunshine-time-for-my-annual-shave-600d-to-g0-24125699.png

Oh goodness @ChiliPepper this reminds me of when I first started working and when we were heading from winter into spring.  It was a rare spring day and I couldn't wait to sport my new spring clothes which included a sporty denim skirt and unfortunately pantyhose.  I happily pulled on my new treasures and all was well until I saw myself under fluorescent light . . . hey, somebody that clearly had no social life throughout the winter should have taken that into account before they came to work today . . . I can still see the leg hair through my dark black but not quite dark enough hose to this day . . . Smiley Happy

Blech.

Esteemed Contributor

I have another of those cosmic questions; why is it that our mothers didn't warn us or am I the only one that didn't get the warning?   I don't remember my Mom or any of my friends and I discussing the pros and cons of shaving vs. Nair vs. tweezing, etc.  Yet I think all my friends now complain of over plucking brows, rashes with Nair, epilating tugging and biting, waxing horror stories etc.  Why is it we all have "the talk" after we have overdone one of the above?!  

Honored Contributor

@mustang66lady wrote:

I have another of those cosmic questions; why is it that our mothers didn't warn us or am I the only one that didn't get the warning?   I don't remember my Mom or any of my friends and I discussing the pros and cons of shaving vs. Nair vs. tweezing, etc.  Yet I think all my friends now complain of over plucking brows, rashes with Nair, epilating tugging and biting, waxing horror stories etc.  Why is it we all have "the talk" after we have overdone one of the above?!  

Hee my mom wasn't a fan of the Nair but we (I) (unfortunately) proceded.

To be honest, I think plucking is generational.  We ALL do it, it's just up to each generation to determine if we have gone too far or not? 

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Nothing on the agenda today.  I may go to the coin store and see if he's interested in any of these or at least take them off my hands for face value.

It's raining here this morning.  It's supposed to dry out this afternoon.

I have to go into the office tomorrow for our movie event.  If it rains on Friday, we will cancel the softball game and I won't have to go to that.

@VaBelle35movie event?  What's that?  Do they rent current movies for you folks to enjoy?  If so, what a great and novel idea!  

Popcorn animated emoticon

We rented a theater for a private movie showing.  The tickets are discounted $5 and the rental fee is $75.  The employees pay for the discounted tickets, so the company is only out $75.  A cheap event.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloe

I remember my Mom letting me use her tweezers but don't remember any instruction as far as being careful how far i went with it.  And my Mom purchased the Nair for me after begging her: I remember "The Stare" she gave me when she handed it to me-something along the line of the equivalent of "You're about to do something stupid and I'm going to let you learn from your choice!"  Don't know if she knew what an epilator was and when I asked about waxing, I kind of got the same feeling I did from "The Stare" when she handed the Nair to me, so I always decided that was a lesson I could live without!

Honored Contributor

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy and most Thankful Thursday my friends . . . Heart

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone and happy  Thankful Thursday!

The rain has stopped here, so it will be a nice warm sunny day for our movie event ;/  It looks like softball will be cancelled for tomorrow, which is good as it gives me a day off.

I am headed into the office to get ready for tonight and get ready for Monday.  If softball is cancelled I can shut down for the weekend and enjoy the rest of my vacation.

I got a lot done yesterday.  I was able to get the coins to the collector and set the appointment for my remote starter for my car.  Summer will be here soon and my car has a black interior.  My black Camry was so bad in the summer that I had to keep a bath towel in the car so I could touch the steering wheel after it sat outside all day.  LOL

Now I need to decide on a new oven this weekend.

They can't put my new roof on until June 20th.  Which means they won't do the windows and door until after that.  I'm not sure they'll be able to paint outside in the heat and humidity of summer, I will have to check with the painters.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN