Honored Contributor

@Writer with Flair wrote:

Over the weekend I found two dresses that were marked down to half-off regular price for the day.  One is a long deep turquoise (more of a teal than the color in the picture) maxi tee shirt dress that has turquoise buttons edged in gold placed up the side of the dress (I don't know if you can see that in the left picture).  I plan to wear a goldtone torsade necklace and goldtone earrings with it to coordinate with the gold color around the buttons.  I also have a gold leather Ganson purse and gold flats to use with this outfit.

dress, teal.png

The other dress I got is a taupe and white stripe swing dress with a lattice insert at the neck.  I have some taupe and white spectator shoes, white button earrings, and a white quilted purse that I will wear with it.

cATHEINES, Stripe dress.png

Both dresses are extremely comfortable and look like they will pack well.

These look really nice and quite versatile.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

VaBelle and mtc,

We also watched "The Post" and "All the President's Men" this weekend "On Demand."  We really liked "The Post."  We had not seen "All the President's Men" in years, so it was good to see it again.  It is an excellent movie.

The Washington Post people who are on the Tony Kornheiser podcast did not think Tom Hanks was a good Ben Bradley, because they thought Jason Robards was perfect.  But Sally Quinn loved Tom in the role.

The Post was really about Katherine Graham, so it really didn't matter who played Ben.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy and hopefully Terrific Tuesday my friends!

I am so glad I have @momtochloe and my Echo Show to remind me what day it is and what I have going on.  LOL

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

Happy Tuesday Kitchenettes!  

It is still cloudy, foggy and rainy here.  So much so, the ants have returned and I worked on ridding my kitchen of them again yesterday.  Today I am going outside to rake away any leaves that my be up against the house an respray outside.  These ants are starting to interrupt my sleep-I keep dreaming of them swarming all over me!  The only place I have them is one corner of the counter, under the window!  I declare war!

@ChiliPepper

Thanks for bringing up that recipe-it's the one I used and like I said, wonderful!   I couldn't believe there was no butter in it and yet, it tasted like there was.  I just wish I had regular hot curry powder (I use the sweet which really isn't sweet-it's just not hot-in a dip I make).  I did try to compensate with a tad more chili powder but think if I had added a little cayenne instead, it may have made up for the lack of hot curry.  Anyway this is one winner of a butter chicken recipe in our house!

@VaBelle35

So the vacation continues ; what's the agenda today?  

@momtochloe

Keep us updated on the laptop situation.  Hope this is resolved for you soon-I feel so isolated when my computer is not working properly or our internet goes out.

@Writer with Flair

Thoses dresses look so comfortable and easy to dress up or wear more casually.  Should do you well for spring and summer and even early fall.  

@novamc1

Has your weather warmed up any?   I can't remember the last weather forecast I have seen-probably about this time last week.  

@RespectLife

Does your boss have you working today?   I hope he doesn't get too carried away with this power to make people work-it could go to his head!   How is DH doing?   Has he returned to work for short periods yet?  

@Honeybit

Have you thawed out down there?   You have been pretty quiet; hope you and Yazzy are healthy and just busy.  

Honored Contributor

Ok, I give up.  Microsoft wins.  I will give up Google (except my Gmail account) as I "think" I finally have everything synched up and all emails appear to be working on all devices.  Comcast comes tomorrow to address the cable issues (should go well because even though the tech over the weekend saw a problem the guy that called me yesterday let me know nothing was wrong.  It's a replay of what happened when I first moved in.  Oy.).

Many and sincere thanks to everyone for all their help and tips about loading software on the laptop as I didn't realize the process would span days.  The same thing happened this morning so at least I knew it was nothing I did wrong or a Comcast problem.

Thank you so much my friends . . . Heart

Honored Contributor

Well, I say @momtochloe is a WINNER!  Boo on microsoft, boo on Bill Gates!  tee hee

@mustang66lady

DH returned to work yesterday for about 2 hours.  His whoppee cushion still hasn't come yet, so he couldn't sit for very long.  He admitted the slightly long drive was harder than he thought.  He was pretty pooped last night...everyone is there first day 'back'.

I think he plans on going in another day for a short time this week as well.

@Writer with Flair

I am the QUEEN of maxi's and LOVE those!  Maxis are easy to toss on, cover your pasty, white, hairy legs....a very valuable clothing item, IMHO!

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

Hot Dog @ChiliPepper

Finally, something to use Garam Marsala in!  Another thing I bought and I don't know why. 

Dear Respect and Chili Pepper,

I cannot remember if I posted this before, but there used to be an Indian restaurant in the area that served a tea that had Garam Masala spice mix in it.  It was the best for congestion and just making me feel better when I started getting any kind of Respiratory Crud.  

I'm glad you mentioned that spice because I never seem to remember that I have it.   Thanks for the reminder.

Respected Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Dear VaBelle,

Since you had to do a lot of "Takin' Care of Business" during the week of your birthday,  I thought it might be nice to extend your birthday celebration beyond the one day and declare the entire month of April your 

gef07.gif

FESTIVAL MONTH. 

Party on, VaBelle!   Have a great    

Birthday Festival Month

@Writer with Flair  Ha!  I am already at 2 weeks, it is only a matter of time before I get to the entire month of April.  Years ago, I used to take my birthday off and then when we started having every other Friday off, I decided to take the whole week.  Now that I get so much leave, I've gotten used to 2 weeks off.

If I took a month off, I would never go back to work.

Go, VaBelle!  Take that time off, Young Woman.!  If your company has any positions where employees can telecommute, let us know.  It sounds like you have wonderful benefits.  Enjoy the rest of your Birthday Two Weeks or Festival Month.

Respected Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

VaBelle,

Good point.  I agree.  "The Post" definitely was about Mrs. Graham.  I did not think that Tom Hanks was all that great as Walt Disney either in that movie ("Finding Mr. Banks") about the author of "Mary Poppins" that came out a couple of years ago. 

In my opinion, Mery Streep always is phenomenal.  I particularly liked her performance as Margaret Thatcher that she did a few years back ("The Iron Lady").

Getting back to Mrs. Graham, I did a little research about her life.  It turns out that her mother was constantly criticizing her and eroding her confidence.  Knowing that, it made that scene where she decided to go ahead and run the Pentagon papers in the Post all the more courageous.  I definitely want to read her autobiography, "Personal History," now.

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@Writer with Flair

I am the QUEEN of maxi's and LOVE those!  Maxis are easy to toss on, cover your pasty, white, hairy legs....a very valuable clothing item, IMHO!

Amen, Sister!