Honored Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

@VaBelle35

Harris Teeter in North Arlington is a two-story store with a very small and busy parking lot, because that area is  heavily populated but kind of short on  real estate and stores, although a Safeway is right across the street.

You have to ride an elevator to get to the second level.  I did not want to transport a grocery cart up an elevator.

The one at Tysons requires parking in a dimly lit multi-level garage.  Seriously???   Did not even feel very safe there.   I only visited once, when I happened to be shopping at the big malls there.

@novamc1  Did you ever see the Giant that was in 2 parts of the same shopping center on Columbia Pike.  Similar to the "Two Macy's" we have in Fair Oaks Mall.  I don't know if they have since renovated that Giant, but it was the strangest thing.  I assume you had to pay at one and then go to the other and pay there, too.  I never went in, I just drove past it a lot and used to marvel at that.  When you don't have a wealth of shopping options in the area, you make it work.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I can't wait to see the new rug.  Good move holding back money.  I keep trying to explain to the HOA board that we need to STOP PAYING PEOPLE FOR DOING BAD WORK.  OMG these people make me nuts.  We pay the bill and then we complain.  TOO LATE PEOPLE.  The ship has sailed!

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Sunny but cold here.  They are now saying dusting/half an inch for us tonight.

My computer is slow today.  I am downloading MS Office Professional.  Apparently, we have a company discount to get this for personal use for $10 until you terminate employment.

How insane a price is that?  I have been trying to love Google Docs/Sheets and can't.  Now I don't have to.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

@VaBelle35

Can't say I ever saw the rather odd  two-part Giant store and can't imagine what Columbia Pike looks like these days.  My first apartment after college was on Columbia Pike near the Pentagon, and I used to have a Columbia Pike salon owner  near  Bailey's Crossroads cut my hair for years, but haven't seen much of Columbia Pike in a long time.  

Was interested to know that Fair Oaks has two Macy's.  Used to shop and eat  out around that area when I was younger.  Tysons also has two Macy's in the malls across Route 123 from each other........caused by Macy's purchase of the Hecht Company department store chain years ago.

I keep waiting to learn that one of those two Macy's will be closed, because Macy's has been closing stores elsewhere to trim costs..  Maybe the affluence and  "regional mall" size of the Tysons area provides enough business for both stores, but  keeping them both open for years hasn't made much sense to me.

Honored Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

@VaBelle35

Can't say I ever saw the rather odd  two-part Giant store and can't imagine what Columbia Pike looks like these days.  My first apartment after college was on Columbia Pike near the Pentagon, and I used to have a Columbia Pike salon owner  near  Bailey's Crossroads cut my hair for years, but haven't seen much of Columbia Pike in a long time.  

Was interested to know that Fair Oaks has two Macy's.  Used to shop and eat  out around that area when I was younger.  Tysons also has two Macy's in the malls across Route 123 from each other........caused by Macy's purchase of the Hecht Company department store chain years ago.

I keep waiting to learn that one of those two Macy's will be closed, because Macy's has been closing stores elsewhere to trim costs..  Maybe the affluence and  "regional mall" size of the Tysons area provides enough business for both stores, but  keeping them both open for years hasn't made much sense to me.

Yes, the two Macy's was caused by the Hecht's deal.  I looked at the last Macy's store closing list for January and neither one is on the list to close.  They must make money.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Morning everyone!

Another fresh layer of snow ❄

Honored Contributor

Good morning @RespectLife, good morning Kitchenettes!  Happy Winter Wonderland Wednesday my friends . . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

Good morning @RespectLife, good morning Kitchenettes!  Happy Winter Wonderland Wednesday my friends . . . . Smiley Happy

Well, that is a MUCH better way to look at today than I was thinking!

Good for you @momtochloe !

Winter Wonderland!

Honored Contributor

Rug update:

Pros:  perfect color

fabulous seam (still haven't found it)

soft to walk on

seems like excellent quality

Cons:

It is one of those dang rugs that shows every single footprint, dog print and vac mark.

Result:  I HATE IT! 

It will drive me nuts...but I am stuck with it...so move on!  that is what happens when you have a 2" X 2" square sample to choose from!!  Oh well!

Honored Contributor

Good morning K-Team. It's a warm 15 degrees today. Yay!!!