Honored Contributor

Ok, who's still in a turkey coma?

Honored Contributor

If you're looking for something to do today I could use a belly rub . . . 

Honored Contributor

Ok, so is it cheating if you have a fake tree and then have the nerve to light a balsam candle? . . . ah yes Christmas has arrived at casa mtc . . . Plugging in xmas tree animated emoticon

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe

Good morning K-Team!!!

Good morning mtc!!!

Happy, happy I'm-still-full Friday!!!

I do the same thing! Artificial tree & candle! I hear ya GF!

Honored Contributor

I love Yankees balsamic and pine candle. That's my December candle, even if I get a real tree 

I'm at Red Door getting my hair done.  I don't see crazy shopping here, just tons of people going to the movies

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

All of my candles for this season (Christmas) are from B&BW.  I went totally bananas the year I was working for Hyatt and would stop there on my way home.  I used to be embarassed at the amount but now I am glad I have them . . . Smiley Happy

I hope you are having a fabulous time at the Red Door spa @VaBelle35.  I was going to sneak out to Hobby Lobby or Michael's but then decided a few sprays of eucalyptus wasn't worth getting run over for.

Esteemed Contributor

Hello Kitchenettes.

I am exhausted from the day.  We spent the day doing laundry and cleaning gutters and mulching leaves only to have it look like we did nothing 20 minutes later!   DH was cleaning gutters so he could hang Christmas lights tomorrow but think he will have to clean them again as he hangs lights!   I gathered all fall and Thanksgiving decorations to the foyer and will need to get them to the basement tomorrow.  Also did 4 loads of laundry and visited my brother.  This evening we met with friends and family in Old St. Charles, MO for the Christmas walk.  It is so much fun.  We had dinner with everyone then walked the streets shopping and visiting with characters of Christmas.  Frontier Santa and I became fast friends as I was tired and sat on a bench for awhile as the family shopped the small shops.  There are Santas from different times and from around the world, Jack Frost, St. Lucia, Scrooge, Carolers, Mrs. Claus and many other characters.  They hand out cards if asked, with their photos on the front and their "story" on the back.  The small shops that line the cobblestone streets are open and brimming with shoppers buying one of a kind gifts.  Here is a link and if you scroll down, you will see a photo of Jack Frost, complete with his blue lipstick!   These characters are like the guards at Buckingham palace-you are not able to get them out of character which makes it all that much more fun!

https://www.discoverstcharles.com/events/christmas-traditions/

@momtochloe

We will be joining you with the fake tree and balsam candles this year!   But I burn them even when we have a live tree, too.   And if rumor is correct, Bath and Body Works will be having their annual sell on candles next Saturday-I have heard 8.50 for the 3 wick candles-last year it was 8.00.  There is a limit of 15 and you can use coupons!   So if you need to restock, this is the time to do so!  It will be crowded but worth the commotion for the price if you like their candles.  Just be prepared because the line that day will make any line B&BW had today, look like kindergarten!

Honored Contributor

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Souper Saturday . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Oh no @mustang66lady ya made me look!  And there's a BB&B five minutes from my house . . . . AAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH! . . . tee hee!

What really caught my eye were their plug ins, what cute designs they have for the holidays . . . sigh.

Smiley Santa Claus animated emoticon

Honored Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

Morning everyone!

I snatched the iPad so forgive any typos and dumb auto correct it does.

sounds like you all had wonderful Thanksgiving feasts! Bless you all!

we did too, albeit a little sadder.

@ChiliPepper

I ended up doing the ginger ale carrots, did you? Nice carrots but the ginger ale never glazed, and there was no ginger flavor in the carrots from the pop!

A couple shakes of powdered ginger solved that.

Did a little online shopping on wal.com Thursday. Got my Dil the Hoover vac $44 and got myself the 5 quart Instant Pot 6/1 for $49. I didn't know there was a 7/1, but I can live w/o the yogurt function.

went to the mall last night while DH was out and got him some new dress shirts and ties for work. You could have bowled down the mall, there were so few ppl. This wasn't the galleria but the next biggest mall and it was dead. Online shopping rules, I guess!

Just got a fresh pot of sauce in the oven to finish by baking. Trying convect this time.

with all the leftovers, I made sauce! Lol

oh sure, DH left me no battery life on this dumb thing!

I have pics to share next week..can't get them to post from this or my phone.

have a super duper day! Loving this long weekend! Took Friday off for no particular reason. Did shopping, Got a pedi yesterday...zeesh, being off costs money!

hugs