Honored Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

@momtochloe

@VaBelle35

Good morning mtc!!!

Good morning VaBelle!!!

Good morning K-Team!!!!!

Happy, happy Thankful Thursday Thanksgiving dear Friends!!!!

As prepared as I was, I'm still pretty busy so far. 

How are the festivities going so far???

Anyone watch the parades this morning???

Honored Contributor

My turkey is done right on cue.  3 hours and 15 minutes to 165.

Now I wait for it to rest and get everything else ready to day.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good evening K-Team!!!

Well, dinner is done & boy am I full. What a lot of work for one meal LOL! Actually, I guess there will be tons of leftovers so its more than one meal.

Mostly hits but the Crock Pot potatoes were a bit of a miss. The taste was OK but the texture was weird, rubbery. They would not mash up good either. We will eat them but I won't try that again .

Honored Contributor

@ChiliPepper I'm sorry the potatoes didn't work out, that's a bummer as I love me some spuds.  Mine never made it out of the freezer as I ate half of a french bread baguette waiting for the turkey.  I guess tomorrow will be my first "real" turkey dinner . . . Smiley Happy

@VaBelle35 as usual, you get style points for your cooking precision.  I bet that bird looks gorgeous and tastes even better, enjoy my friend!

Hope everyone had a happy, loving and tasty day . . . Good Night animated emoticon

Honored Contributor

The waiting is the hardest part:

Esteemed Contributor

Happy Thanksgiving Kitchenettes!

Just wanted to stop here before it gets any later.  We are done with Thanksgiving dinner, 2017.  We had some upsets but can't remember a Thanksgiving when that didn't happen.  I want to know why I can make homemade bread any other day of the year but on Thanksgiving Day, it's like a strange beast!  This year instead of making sweet potato crescent rolls, I decided to give myself a break and buy Rhodes frozen rolls.  I was up at 6, had them in the pan by 6:30=at noon when we were to eat, all that had happened was they thawed!   My kitchen was overly warm-I don't get it!  I threw them in the oven anyway and they baked to about half their size and everyone ate them anyway.  

@ChiliPepper

I heard Marcella on The Kitchen this past Monday.  They were playing old Thanksgiving episodes.  She made a comment if your potatoes don't come out right, if they are gummy or whatever, don't throw them out.  Add some cheese and bake them in a muffin or mini muffin pan for potato cheese balls.   Google potato cheese balls from leftovers - lots of recipes come up. My Mom would take leftover potatoes and add an egg and some flour and diced green onion and fry patties.  One thing for sure, potatoes are pretty versatile even if they don't work out quite right!

@momtochloe

Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving Day and I"m so happy your purchases have been good choices!

@VaBelle35

I am sure your turkey is picture perfect and hope the rest of your meal turned out as nice, too.  Get those bargains tonight so you don't have to get in the crowds tomorrow or over the weekend!

Honored Contributor

Oh goodness @mustang66lady your dinner roll story took me back . . . my mom and I would spend almost an entire day preparing and baking her rolls as no matter how many we made it was never enough.  That monitoring the temperature in the room made me laugh out loud.  I'm sure the Rhoades were more than fine but I more than understand your frustration.

And thanks for the good ideas in terms of recycling potatoes.  I'm going to try a couple of them myself . . . once I pry them out of the freezer . . . hope you get some well deserved rest tonight my friend!  Sleeping animated emoticon

Honored Contributor

My mother used to make fried mashed potatoes patties as well.  

We never made home made bread for holidays.  My grandparents were responsible for bringing the fresh bread and Italian cookies from the bakery in Brookyln.  Even though my grandmother was a fantastic cook, she never brought anything home made to our house.  I should ask my mother why.  It's not like she was busy or anything.  She was less busy than my mother's mother.  But she did cook and clean with my mother and other grandmother.  They both arrived with their house dress/apron on and ready to roll.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dear Kitchenettes,

Hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving.  Even with everything that has gone on this year, there is much for which to be thankful.

We decided to have a quiet dinner at home.  Neither of us really felt up to our usual hospital run this year.

I made two Mary's Organic Bone-In Turkey Breasts (around 9 pounds each):  one in the crockpot and one in the oven.  Both turned out great and gave me plenty of drippings to add to my gravy.  I always make more than we need so we can have some nice leftovers from the freezer in the coming months.

I made my own low-carb cranberry sauce a couple of days before Thanksgiving with some frozen cranberries I had gotten last year. 

I put the dressing in muffin tins to control portion size and to make for easier storage of leftovers.  I also like how there is more surface area to get crusty.

For vegetables, I did roasted broccoli with butternut squash cubes and craisins.  I also made a spanokopita casserole (sans the phyllo pastry), and Duchess Root Vegetables (like Duchess Potatoes but with parsnips, carrots, and rutabagas in place of the potatoes).

Dessert was an almond flavored low-carb cheesecake with pumpkin butter or cranberry sauce for a topping.  DH made a cardamon Arabic Coffee to go with dessert.  It was lovely.

It was pretty low carb and we did not feel stuffed.  We had some lentil soup for a light dinner.

The day started early with a plethora of texts and calls from friends and family.  Life is good!  Wish all the Kitchenettes could be together.

Respect, I especially thought of your son.  I know you miss him terribly.

Sleep well, dear friends.  I am so thankful for all of you.

Love,

Writer with Flair

Honored Contributor

Good morning Kitchenettes and happy Black Friday . . . I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and are well rested for some black belt shopping . . . Shopping Spree animated emoticon Credit Cards animated emoticon Money Exchange animated emoticon