Honored Contributor

Oh goodness @Writer with Flair once again I am so sorry you lost another friend and one so young and with little ones.  Good thoughts and prayers for his wife, children, family and friends.  Such a loss.

I am so glad to hear your DH is finally feeling a bit better and that hopefully now his back is on the mend.  There is nothing worse at times than back pain.  The other day I was waiting in line at the back.  When they called me for my turn, I started to have a small spasm and had to stop for a second to regroup.  When I looked up, it was like looking at those meerkats they used to have on the National Geographic Channel . . . they were all lined up peeking at me over the counter with these big eyes . . . tee hee!

Hope you and DH have a great evening and enjoy the rest of your weekend . . . Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@Writer with Flair

I'm so sorry to hear of the passing of your friend!   What a tragedy especially here at the holidays.   Those children will probably never look at them quite the same again.   

Yes, DH and I are tired-he just went to bed but I am up for a bit longer letting my hair air dry a tad more before I hit the hay.  

@momtochloe

I think we just put too much strain on that turkey fryer.  It has to be plugged in and warming up oil for about an hour before you can fry the turkey.  As we remove it, we prepared the next one to fry.  It takes a bit for the oil to regain it's temp again before we can drop the next turkey.  Each turkey fried for approx. 90 minutes.  It is possible that after things cool down, it may work again, but we are not going to chance it.  DH will get another somewhere tomorrow for use on our turkey and our neighbors.   He doesn't want to let them down.  I told him I could put ours in the nesco roaster but he said he still wanted to fix their turkey.  The neighbor and his wife are a little "challenged" mentally.  Most people in the neighborhood warned us when we moved in that no one talked to them but we always have.  Their mother lives next door to us and they live across the street.  DH is not going to let them down.  I'm so proud of him!

I believe they fried about 20 turkeys at church today using the propane fryers.  They ran into problems when a storm blew up but quickly moved things into a storage garage at the back of the church property and continued frying them in there.  I don't know how many they roasted inside in the churches' kitchen and then I know there are some members roasting turkeys at home as well.  DH and I are tired of turkey right now but will be ready again come Thursday.  I have to make a roaster full of dressing in the morning and we dropped the pies off this evening to the church which is a couple less things to drag there tomorrow.  I see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Esteemed Contributor

-I forgot, @momtochloe- did you have some bad weather this morning?   DH was looking at the weather map as it was dark and ominous looking here this morning and well, most of the day.  He said your friend in Chicago may be getting bad weather!   He was worried about you!  Hope things are ok there.  

Honored Contributor

Sigh . . . oh my friend @mustang66lady what a wonderful person you and DH are.  To not only help your church as you do all the time but also to help neighbors that others turn away from.  You truly are a blessing . . . Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Oh @momtochloe, we're not so special.  But living by DH's motto-"Do the right thing" goes a long way for sure.  

And for those interested, I just checked on HSN webpage and they are offering free shipping and flex pays on everything!  Might want to check them out if you are interested in anything or are looking for a certain gift!   The Q has easy pay on everything but the free shipping can be huge at HSN.  

Honored Contributor

Tee hee @mustang66lady I waited up to see CS TSV and noticed they had his Durapan on sale.  I tried to use a coupon which didn't work so I wandered over to Amazon and found it for $5 less and no sales tax.  I bought it because I really fried my Flip Pan and wanted an every day pan that came with a lid so this is perfect.  HSN has some terrific deals for the coming season that is for sure!

Honored Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Souper Sunday . . . Smiley Happy

@mustang66lady good thoughts to you and your fellow parishoners today as I know your feast will be delicious and great appreciated.  Heart

@ChiliPepper I hope you and DD had a great time at the concert last night and had a safe trip home.  Heart

Respected Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

@Writer with Flair---

My next door neighbor, who (like me) migrated from a place up north of Georgia, is from MICHIGAN,  instead of my Virginia.  She brought some Vernors ginger ale over to my house one day to just  share a drink and socialize a litttle

I drank a little and found it to be..........well..............different.  

I don't drink any type of soda, except on rare occasions, and if Vernor's is a Michigan specialty,  I guess I just don't appreciate the ginger ale variety that  the folks enjoy up there.  I'm a Canada Dry, Seagrams or other type of gal.

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@ChiliPepper I did see Ree making that dish with the wild rice earlier today but went back to my beloved Four Weddings as me and wild rice not so much.  It's been fun watching all of the cooking shows this past week as I love me some Thanksgiving!  Have a great time today/tonight with Chili Jr. and her concert, enjoy my friend and safe travels . . . :heart Snow Flake 4 emoticon

@momtochloe

I was thinking the same thing about the wild rice part, it can be hard/chewy/something.

The sauce looked so good though. I was thinking of trying it with regular rice. What do you think?

Honored Contributor

Good morning @ChiliPepper, tee hee there are some very opinionated reviews for Ree's casserole . . . yikes, ladies please! . . . I posted the link so you could go take a look.  Either you love it or hate it plus it sounds like you use every pan in the kitchen:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ree-drummond/broccoli-wild-rice-casserole-2651204#reviewsTop