Honored Contributor

@mustang66lady after all of my pious preaching to @RespectLife about learning my lesson about not overstuffing my freezer I couldn't wedge something in there right now if my life depended on it so I guess I'll just have to eat the whole cheesecake (just kidding, I have made myself so sick with that coffee I am pretty sure I cured myself of that purchase).

Again, bless you and DH for your Thanksgiving generosity my friend.  It just fills my heart more than you know . . . Heart

Honored Contributor

We'll start with the HOA.

We did not make quorum.  The president of 20+ years was there and he said they only made quorum 3 times in those years only by forcing people to come and get their parking stickers.   I really hate that idea and hated that I had to go to those meetings, so I think going to court is the way to go.  It's about $10,000.  And it's permanent.

No fireworks at the meeting.  Fireworks in email this morning, but I am the queen of diffusing.  I just apologize, say it's all my fault and beg forgiveness.  People don't know what to do with that.  It's manipulative, but I am so tired of fighting with people.  "You're right" is so much easier.  LOL

I am going to wait and see if the other person wants to stay on the board and I will turn it back over to her and her band of 3 can continue on again as they did before they appointed me.  I do not like that she emails me and says "she heard..." and then thinks I am going to defend myself.  Again, I just say I'm sorry that I wasn't clear and I left someone with X impression, this is good feedback for me for the next meeting."  It's all bull.  Then the passive-aggressive threats about how if I'm doing X it's not very ethical.

The president of the master association threatened me last night that if I don't update our lights and get rid of our management company he will raise our dues to double or triple the amount.

I'm done with both of them.  I have no support, so I'm on my own.  It's a no win situation.  I gave it the old try but the person who is supposed to be on my side is not.  I actually got her in trouble with her master as she didn't tell him 2 things and I spilled the beans last night in conversation by accident.  So, lesson learned there.

At this minute, I am the only board member. One said she is not continuing on the board by email tonight.  One has not stated if she is continuing or not.  One is disqualified as of tonight and I guess we have to re-appoint her if she becomes qualified again.

Oy!

The potluck went very well.  We had enough food, lots of leftovers and I was pleased that we ordered the extra turkey at noon because a lot of people came down late and it was nice having a hot, fresh turkey for them.  We might do a turkey and a side next year so both are hot and fresh and they are guaranteed something to eat.

I barely slept last night and my allergies are bad and I'm losing my voice.  I came home at 2 pm.  I just locked everything from the potluck in my office and went home and went to bed.  I took a circulation & vein support and prescription motrin and ate some food, did my sinus rinse and felt better by the time of the meeting.

Luckily tomorrow is our day off.  I can sleep in and then go for my salon appointment.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

@VaBelle35

I'm so sorry you are feeling bad.  You have had so much on your shoulders I am not surprised your body is telling you to take of yourself.  I pray you rest peacefully tonight and awake refreshed tomorrow.  Bless you for all you do for all in your life-at home and at work.  Heart

Honored Contributor

I got an email from Mom's Organic that the price of my turkey went down from $3.99 to $2.99.  Yay

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Oh goodness if you guys were my friends you would just shoot me now . . . as God as my witness I will never drink coffee again . . . the upside is now with my new bathroom decorations it takes some of sting out of this . . . Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

Good morning K-Team!!!

Happy, happy Fabulous, Finally Friday!!!

Honored Contributor

Good morning @ChiliPepper, good morning Kitchenettes, happy Finally Friday . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

Please I beg of you, lock me in my house so I don't buy this for Thanksgiving:

14-Slice Variety Cheesecake Pack

I do love me some cheesecake . . . Eating a whole cake emoticon (Eating smileys)

eta:  we need to add that French Vanilla coffee to my list of no-no's as I guzzled down so many cups this afternoon I won't be able to go to sleep untll Saturday . . . Hot coffee emoticon (Drinking smileys)

Another boo we don't live closer!  @momtochloe

I make a MEAN cheesecake....many varieties!  It is my signature dessert!  I always struggle to find people to help us eat them!

When I come to Chicago next, I'm going to bring you one!

The vases are gorgeous!  Beautiful deep red, shiny....really pop the room!  They are large but that wall is so empty it is going to be fine.

I went w/ the 28" instead of the 24".  24 came w/ ugly 'natural' branches, 28" came with red and white branches!!!

Only problem is, neither box came complete with all parts. Missing moss, styro pad and tube in each box necessary to put it all together.  Luckily, the C/S number was in CA and they were still open.  She is going to Fed Ex overnight the missing parts to me!

Didn't even have to call Overstock.  She was very nice to do that and very apologetic they were missing.

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:
I'll be back to post and update on the potluck and the HOA annual meeting. But in my official duties as poster of free cable, here is your latest list: Here’s who’s showing the free preview this weekend. If you know your provider is and don’t see them on the list, please leave a comment. Dish Network DirecTV Frontier FIOS and Frontier Vantage Verizon FIOS AT&T U-Verse

YEAH!  Thanks @VaBelle35

Hope they have some new movies I can tape/record.

Honored Contributor

Whoo Hoo, Finally Friday is right!  YEAH!

Meeting this morning, then good news...boss is heading back to the woods.

Run Bambi RUN!

Got nuttin in WI, GOOD, tee hee! Gun starts tomorrow so he is leaving this afternoon to head to the cabin.  Will stay til next week, Come home Wednesday....then back for Thanksgiving weekend.

Works for me!!!