Honored Contributor

@mustang66lady the weather here is just very heavy and starting tomorrow it's going to be back to unbearable with highs in the 90's and high humidity.  As always, I have no complaints especially whenever I think about those poor people in the caribbean especially now Puerto Rico.  Such a lovely place, they are in my constant thoughts and prayers.

Honored Contributor

I just love the islands of the Caribbean and hate to see the destruction of so many of these islands.  They truly exist for tourism to survive, and I can't imagine how long it will take for them to recover.

Also, the poor people of Houston and Florida.  Losing everything and having to rebuild.  Reminds me of the tornado that hit Joplin, Mo. so hard.  Just total destruction.

I guess I should be very thankful to just live in the snow belt.

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife

A friend of mine years ago had a dachshund.........the dog could leap up onto the kitchen counter at any time and brazenly help herself to a  thawing steak or anything else that wasn't locked up.  From there, the pup would go to the bathroom, jump into the bathtub and start chewing on the bar of Dove soap.  

And then there was the family Thanksgiving dinner at my sister's house, when her daughter had painstakenly made a pumpkin pie,  transported it safely from her own home, set it on the high kitchen island, only to find the daughter's beloved beagle up on  the counter eating the pie.  

I don't believe my niece has ever been so angry in her entire life.  She and her husband still love the dog, however.

I've owned two dachshunds, and I can tell you that they can both leap over high barriers very well and eat just about anything, even if they have to throw it up later.  Those short legs can fool ya!  Plus  they are stubborn as mules.

I empathize with the  dog training problem, regardless of the breed. 

Honored Contributor

Oh goodness now Mexico has had a terrible 7.1 magnitude earthquake in central Mexico around Mexico City.  The pictures are harrowing.  Prayers for those in Mexico alongside those being said for those in the path of Maria.  Heart

Honored Contributor

@novamc1

LOL

I don't know why I laughed at those dog stories...I have pretty much been living the same thing (minus the bar soap) for the past ten years w/ Condi.

She is NEVER given people food yet begs her heart out constantly.  She is TOTALLY driven by food, barking, food, barking.  (oh and the dreaded licking).  No garbage or trash can should ever be left within reach.

Toilet paper WILL be shreaded and eaten if nothing better is available.  Heaven forbid a tissue fall out of your pocket.  So I guess a bar of soap isn't such a stretch.

Yes, we love her....poopy breath and all.  She definitely is quite the character!

I just glad my dad isn't here to see the pathetic training job I have done with her!  LOL 

Pretty sure this problem could be solved IF ME, the stubborn mule, would just remove the kitchen stools.  GRRRRRRR....

I had dreams about my giant, beautiful kitchen island w/ the beautiful stools around it......not one dream had a Puggle standing on top of it!

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

Oh goodness now Mexico has had a terrible 7.1 magnitude earthquake in central Mexico around Mexico City.  The pictures are harrowing.  Prayers for those in Mexico alongside those being said for those in the path of Maria.  Heart

Oh dear @momtochloe

How crazy is all of this?  I am pretty secluded in here...I hadn't heard about the earthquake.  Those poor people.

I'm thinking Greenland is the only safe place these days!

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife I wouldn't have known it either but I just got through watching a movie and turned on CBS and they had broken into their regular scheduling.  It is scary these days on so many different levels . . . Smiley Sad

Everybody be safe driving home today!

Trusted Contributor

@RespectLife

This is probably oversimplification, but have you considered turning the bar stools upside down when you aren't using them?  It probably wouldn't retrain her, though, since she was bright enough to figure out how to use them in the first place.   She might just keep checking until she found them back in place again.

Do you think she'd hurt herself if you tried moving them far enough back from the island she couldn't use the stools as her stepping stones?

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife  Great news about DD!

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

SCORE!!!

I finally found the perfect red pop of color valances for the kitchen window.

You wouldn't think it would be such a task as it was...too purple, too orange, too bright...

JCP had the perfect deep red ones and on sale!!  Whoo Hoo!

Now if I could just find a deeper red napkin holder!

I did order the perfect @momtochloe red 4 slice toaster.  I also found at Amazon some tall red Salt & Pepper mills and Anchor Hocking red canisters.

I have never been one to leave things on my counters, but I still haven't got enough pop of color in this grey/white/black kitchen I created.  Maybe one or two canisters will be enough....with the new shakers.  Depends on if all the reds go together!

Once these arrive...it may finally be picture worthy!  Come on, AMAZ Prime!

@RespectLife

This reminds me when I found the right color red pot holders at Wegmans.  LOL  I was literally carrying the fabric and paint swatches in my wallet, checking every place on the planet to try to find the right red stuff for my kitchen.

It's part of the fun!

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN